IGNORED

Why did English become the language of god?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Okay, so it didn't, not exactly, but it's a good title.

The English language is the most widespread in the World. It is probably English speaking nations that are more responsible for spreading God's word than any other. After the Tower of Babel - what happened?

We're beginning to unite again under one common language but God does nothing to stop it.

Okay, so maybe we're setting ourselves up for a Satanic One-World government and that's why need a common language, but then again one common language means that the Bible can be preached everywhere, and more often than not - it's being done in English........

So what is going on?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know that it is the 'language of God' ,but it was the language of Colonialism .The language

of the largest imperialist power since Rome ,and even more so . I do not agree with you that the

English were the people who spread God's word more than any other .I believe it was the Roman Church

who did that,as, until it went of the rails a bit,spread the 'word' of God for it's own sake,not

for power,and greed as did the English establishment,whose purpose ws not at all the souls of humanit

y but pure secular power. English is not popular among the peoples of the world,but is tolerated

for business,for capitalism.

Edited by Organic Medicine

I don't know that it is the 'language of God' ,but it was the language of Colonialism .The language

of the largest imperialist power since Rome ,and even more so . I do not agree with you that the

English were the people who spread God's word more than any other .I believe it was the Roman Church

who did that,as until it went of the rails a bit,spread the 'word' of God for it's own sake,not

for power,and greed as did the English establishment,whose purpose ws not at all the souls of humanit

y but pure secular power. English is not popular among the peoples of the world,but is tolerated

for business,for capitalism.

Popular, maybe not - as you say.

But widespread and apparently easy to learn? Yes.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

That is a good question.Why English   :noidea:  I guess I could speculate but I will not do that.I would love to know another language and be bilinqual but I am not.

That is a good question.Why English   :noidea:  I guess I could speculate but I will not do that.I would love to know another language and be bilinqual but I am not.

If anything the language of God should be Hebrew but even many Israelis speak English.

If anything the language of God should be Hebrew but even many Israelis speak English.

Maybe that will be the language we will speak in heaven.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

In addition to being the international business language, English is the Mandated International Language of Aviation, probably in homage to the Wright Brothers being "first in flight".

Prior to the Enlightenment, English -- a Teutonic language -- was very French, but then it was flooded with Latin and Greek root words for scientific terms.

But will it be American English or British English? Canadian English, South African English or Australian English?

When I'm in heaven and I want my car refueled do I ask for gas or petrol? :laughing:

But will it be American English or British English? Canadian English, South African English or Australian English?

When I'm in heaven and I want my car refueled do I ask for gas or petrol? :laughing:

You won't need a car.We can go anywhere we want with lightning speed.

You won't need a car.We can go anywhere we want with lightning speed.

Yes, but do we explain where we are going in British or American? :mgbowtie: