IGNORED

Why did English become the language of god?

OakWood

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

In addition to being the international business language, English is the Mandated International Language of Aviation, probably in homage to the Wright Brothers being "first in flight".

Prior to the Enlightenment, English -- a Teutonic language -- was very French, but then it was flooded with Latin and Greek root words for scientific terms.

Yes ,there are at least 3,000 thousand words from the French language ,spelt in the same way but pronounced differently.

Language has often been forced on people by the conquerers,as in the Norman invasion,but is so important to peoples identity ,that old

languages can be resuscitated as in France where Briton,Basque,and Occitan are being taught again in the areas concerned.

French too was a colonial language forced on smaller cultures.

Corse, is another (Corsica) culture where violence against French rule still continues.

Edited by Organic Medicine

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

1-GOD bless America

2-it is easy to learn

But i must say,to me ,english is too difficult to learn,10years' learning in school and 10years' studying Christianity in english,i still can not totally say what i want to say in english,too tired,some guys can speak several foreign languages,are they Aliens? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think we will communicate with some kind of thought transference, and without need of language. I prayed that way one time when I was sure I was about to be killed in an auto accident. It happened much too fast for words. Perhaps it was with the help of the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well I just had a thought.....   considering what our government is coming to and the shape of a lot of the world are we sure it's God that's pushing the English language or the other side.....     they really have been trying to bring back a one world government since the days of Nimrod when God broke up his playhouse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

That is a good question.Why English   :noidea:  I guess I could speculate but I will not do that.I would love to know another language and be bilinqual but I am not.

bopeep surely you learned pig latin as a child, could that be considered a 2nd language? {joking}