IGNORED

Does egalatarianism threaten Christianity?

jerryR34

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

From my readings through the bible, egalitarianism is frowned upon it the bible. Verses like slaves obey your masters and render unto Cesar inform us that some are born into higher roles than others - almost like the cast system in India. I'm interested to know how many of you out there would be for a totaly egalitarian society here on earth, or do you believe that God always intended some to be subservient to others by birth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Galatians 3:28

There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

:)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

And therein lies the answer!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The jury is still out for me on this one.I will have to think about it some more.

1. Egalitarianism

2. Egalitarianism is a trend of thought in political philosophy. An egalitarian favors equality of some sort: People should get the same, or be treated the same, or be treated as equals, in some respect.

Ok.... Is this going to really work in the Christian world?Yes,we as Christians are supposed to love our neighbor.But what about the very,very mean person who is calling you all kinds of four letter words and is evil who is an atheist?Is this really Biblical?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Egalitarianism (fromFrench égal, meaning "equal")—or, rarely,equalitarianism[1][2]—is a trend of thought that favors equality for all people. Egalitarian doctrines maintain that all humans are equal in fundamental worth or social status, according to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

From my readings through the bible, egalitarianism is frowned upon it the bible. Verses like slaves obey your masters and render unto Cesar inform us that some are born into higher roles than others - almost like the cast system in India. I'm interested to know how many of you out there would be for a totaly egalitarian society here on earth, or do you believe that God always intended some to be subservient to others by birth.

The Bible is definitely not a pinnacle of democracy, though it does overlap with some democratic elements.

As far as egalitarianism, that term is typically restricted to relations between husband and wife.  The rules laid down in the Bible regarding slaves does not mean that slavery was an ideal.  The emancipation was certainly not a violation of Biblical egalitarianism.

But yes, the Bible does not encourage anarchy.  This is far from the cast system of Hinduism--in which one's place in life is rooted in the fabric of the cosmos.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

And therein lies the answer!

However, Paul (and the rest of the N.T.) hardly panders to feminist demands.  How does one reconcile those texts with this one?

clb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,048
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I just got through answering this in another post

Phil 2:5-11

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God,

did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation,

taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in

appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the

death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which

is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven,

and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess

that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

NKJV

Form has absolutely no regard with God... however essence is everything. If a King and also Godly -then that

person will see his form as king of no regard but his duty to honor and glorify God as his purpose in that form.

So also the servant as well, if Godly, will see his place with the same importance as to bring glory within his

present form to God. This so beautifully displayed in our Lord Jesus while here! Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

....slaves obey your master....

~

Yeap

"Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me. Luke 11:23 (NLT)

Sin Is Such A Harsh Mistress

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (NIT)

~

Want To Be

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13 (NLT)

Free?

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin.

A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever.

So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. John 8:34-36 (NLT)

Believe

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (ESV)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

Seeing that you're often involved in the scientific discussions, may I ask why in your view humans should be treated equally (if that is your view)?

Does science inform you that humans should be treated equally, or something else?