IGNORED

Divorce issues

I have recently been divorced because my wife cheated on me at least six times.  However, it seems I'm being punished because of it.  She has the house, the dog, the good job, a social life, etc.  On the other hand I've been forced to move in with my parents with nothing and no social life, etc.  Is God angry at me for not sticking out the marriage?  If not, where is the justice?  I don't understand what is going on.

You have been divorced (she divorced you?) because she cheated? If she divorced you, how did you have a choice to stick it out? If you left voluntarily, and did so because of her infidelities, why would God be angry at you for divorcing under the only allowable reason specified by Jesus as allowable?

Where is the justice? This is earth, this is this life, the consequences of sin, often negate justice. Justice happens, when God takes us to be in Heaven with Him, that is in the next life, not this one. Now, we suffer all sorts of pain and indignities with patience, and confidence that He will put things right later. Now our calling is to endure, and to forgive.

You have been divorced (she divorced you?) because she cheated? If she divorced you, how did you have a choice to stick it out? If you left voluntarily, and did so because of her infidelities, why would God be angry at you for divorcing under the only allowable reason specified by Jesus as allowable?

Where is the justice? This is earth, this is this life, the consequences of sin, often negate justice. Justice happens, when God takes us to be in Heaven with Him, that is in the next life, not this one. Now, we suffer all sorts of pain and indignities with patience, and confidence that He will put things right later. Now our calling is to endure, and to forgive.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 1 Peter 4:12-16

Guest Butero

Life isn't always fair, but I feel confident in saying that God is not punishing you for divorcing a woman that cheated on you repeatedly.  We all deal with the consequences of a sin sick world, and that is what is happening here.  There is no reason to believe that your future can't be full and rewarding.  One thing I would suggest is that you don't compare your life to your ex-wife.  Just move forward and start over.  If things go well for her, so what?  Just deal with your life.  It is what you make of it.  I wish you God's best. 

BTW, you might want to look into the laws of the state you live in.  If your wife makes more money than you do, and if your divorce adversely harmed you financially, she may have to pay you some kind of alimony.  Just something to consider.  After all, she is the one that cheated. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DCW...

Welcome to Worthy..................glad you have come,this is a start to begin a new social life(just a start)& Lord has lead you here,to us,to His little Flock..............we are told in His Word that if we want to find Him & be near Him ,we only need to follow the footsteps of His Flock.

God is not angry with you,the things you miss are temporal things,,,things that can never give you true joy anyway,,,,,first,be filled with the Joy & Peace that can only be found with Jesus,& all other things will be added.I know it does not seem fair but it is all a part of life,many circumstances will bring, what seems to us,unfair & unjust results....but God is our vindicator and you have to put all your faith and trust in Him,,,,,,He will carry you through & lift you above every circumstance,,,,,

We have no control f what other people do or the choices they make,we are only accountable for our own actions.God works ALL things for the good of those that love Him.....& to give Him Glory.It is a Blessing that you do have your parents to move in with,there will be opportunities for better jobs,houses will always be for around for purchase and the dog is probably fine where he is,you didn't mention children so I think it is a good thing none were involved,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,everything is new but time does heal all wounds,one day you will surely look back on this time & it will be a faded memory......I have been there & one thing is for sure,the Lord will never leave or forsake you.

God Bless you my friend,try to look at the glass half full.....resentments & regret only eats at your insides.Who would want a woman that cheated 6 times,thank God that part of your life is over.......Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik