Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

I deleted the topic I started and decided to retitle this one since that last topic's purpose was misunderstood by the men.

This isn't a topic for the "Women's Forum" because we're not talking about PMS or hormones, recipes for banana nut bread or child bearing.

This is a topic that DOES involve men and it seems appropriate that men should be able to read and be edified by what is spoken of them.

The idea of this topic is to edify the brethren and in particular, to esteem our husbands or mates in a manner consistent with the bible.

So, NO....it's not for men to respond to but YES, they are welcomed to read and enjoy the content.

I had asked before what is it a man wants and my own response was "respect" which goes hand in hand with love, honor, cherish and obey ......

I was amazed at how many refereces were made in the scripture about men respecting and honoring their wives as well.

Just for fun, *(remember...don't get too heavy..this is for fun mostly)...how do you honor your husband?

In my case, I praise him for all the wonderful things he can do around the house...things I can't do that he can do.

I praise him for his beautiful blue eyes....he's BlackFoot Indian but has deep blue eyes. He has awesome eyes.

I praise him for being so intelligent and strong, and I always try to show him added respect when we're in public so people will see I respect my husband.

Any thoughts, ladies...?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I honor my husband by acting in private how I act in public with him. I show endless love and devotion. I show interest in the things that he likes, even if I don't really like them. I participate because I like spending time with him. I honor him by telling him of all the wonderful attributes I love about him. His intelligence, humor, respect for me, respect for others, he is a great friend not only to me, but to others. He is very loyal and chivalrous.

I honor my husband by being the best example of a Christian wife I can be. By submitting myself to his authority and showing him not only my love for him but Gods, in hopes that it will help encourage him as the spiritual leader of our family.

I hope to be better today in my job as his wife than I did yesterday. I am going to create a great day.

PS. I also love to do little things that I know he loves and appreciates, make his favorite food, but him something small that he wouldn't get himself, intiate a fun time, throw a HUGE party with all of his friends from all over the midwest for his 30th B-day.

He is worth it and much more. I wish I had more ideas of how to show him how much he does mean to me. :wub:

Thanks for the Topic.

GBU

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I agree with Shelby. I don't treat my husband any different in public then I do at home. My husband is a good man but is not a Christian. I know that the way to win him to Christ is to treat him as Jesus said we are to treat our husbands. I honor him in words and in actions. No man bashing in this house. I saw a woman on T.V. yesterday that married a man only after he put himself into debt to win her so that she would marry him. Now that they are married he is working to pay off the debt and she wants to leave and find someone with money. I'm not to sure who I feel more sorry for, him for her. If there is no love and money is the only thing that talks in a marriage then they are in real trouble. I have to say too that I am ashamed of a lot of woman and how they treat their husbands and how they talk to them. They are so busy trying to make sure that the everyone knows they are independent that they become mean spirited in doing so. I work and help pay the bills, I wouldn't have it any other way. That is another way I honor my husband, by being a help to him. We have been married almost 22 years so we must be doing something right! :wub:

Edited by Rustyangel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Rusty Angel,

I hear that. I saw that on Dr. Phil too! I was flabbergasted, (however you spell that). She had already divorced another man for that reason, so he knew what he was getting into. He really had no confidence. I felt so sorry for him.

I work as well, and I am happy to. 22 years, congrats! :wub:

I'm disabled but used to be a school teacher. I wish I could add to the income but we are well off financially. Still, it bothers me because I'm so weak and that puts a burden on him....

But he is a wonderful man and I believe God uses his kindness like jewels in his crown of glory.....he's an amazing husband and a wonderful mate.

I'm richly blessed.

I thought this was a lovely biblical topic honoring men and yet still allowing them to see a tribute to them from women.

My hope and purpose wasn't for men to TELL US what we should do but for us to share what we enjoy doing to elevate our husbands and honor them.

I CAN'T WIN! I actually had a guy PM and say he was OFFENDED by the topic! :24:

Geez, I wasn't talking about PMS or menapause.....I was talking about ways we, as wives, honor our husbands...(A BIBLICAL TOPIC, BTW).

So, since it's an offense to ONE MAN...I will lock the topic. Sorry ladies. We're not allowed to let me even see how we compliment and honor them.

Go figure....

I have to lock this topic now but I do so under protest.