IGNORED

Gay Marriage and the Demise of America

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

This truly is sad. This is an agenda that's been in the works for quite a while now. The secular media is keeping us so distracted that we don't even realize they are not telling us the important issues and even most believers are fast asleep. Our political leaders are just puppets for the most part, being led by the global elite. Our constitution was the only thing standing in the way of their new world order. They want to remove the God Who made this nation great, so they are working from the bottom up, deceiving our kids in school.

The elite also believe that the earth is over-populated, so abortion and homosexuality is being pushed on us, whether we want it or not. Our Pastors are told not to preach on any political matters in the pulpits of America, and it appears that the persecution of Christians is well under way. It seems everyone is so busy with their heads down texting all their friends that life is passing us by. We won't know what hit us until it's too late. Welcome to the time of the end.

Cheers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

There is one option I forgot to mention earlier that I heard suggested by a radio talk show host.  That is nullification.  The states can just declare a decision by a federal judge illegal and refuse to obey it.  Then let the showdown between the state and federal government begin.  I would fully support my state in any effort to stand up to rogue federal judges with regard to abortion or homosexual marriage. 

I would fully support that as well, Butero.  These judges have come to think they've the power to make laws; they need a reality check.  I, along with millions of other Americans, am sick of them and want them ousted from their lofty perches.  We can do this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

This truly is sad. This is an agenda that's been in the works for quite a while now. The secular media is keeping us so distracted that we don't even realize they are not telling us the important issues and even most believers are fast asleep. Our political leaders are just puppets for the most part, being led by the global elite. Our constitution was the only thing standing in the way of their new world order. They want to remove the God Who made this nation great, so they are working from the bottom up, deceiving our kids in school.

The elite also believe that the earth is over-populated, so abortion and homosexuality is being pushed on us, whether we want it or not. Our Pastors are told not to preach on any political matters in the pulpits of America, and it appears that the persecution of Christians is well under way. It seems everyone is so busy with their heads down texting all their friends that life is passing us by. We won't know what hit us until it's too late. Welcome to the time of the end.

Cheers

You would be amazed at how many people will say there is no wide-spread persecution of Christians, both in this country, and world-wide.  Are Christians being killed here?  No, not yet.  But the key words are: not yet.  They are be persecuted, here but right now it is a covert and subversive persecution.  But it will get worse and become more overt.

As for what I bolded, It is already too late.  As a child of the 60's, I know what hit us, and the fruit of it has resulted in our current moral abyss.  I used to believe that the Rapture was just around the corner, but I am beginning to shy away from that position.  America is rapidly moving to a post-Christian status and we are also going to become a third-world country.  There is no way around that.  But God is working powerfully in other countries that have not seen major Christian movements before, and He will continue to work in areas until those harvests come in full-term.  So the mess here will get much, much worse, and it won't get cleaned up for a long time.

Amen, brother. I agree with everything you said.

I believe the Church in America is fast asleep. Most believe they will escape via the rapture before anything bad happens, and I would guess that 9 out of 10 are not prepared, if they are wrong. I, too, believe the collapse of both our economy and nation will come before the rapture. It's sad to think of what might happen to those who saw the storm coming, yet did nothing to prepare so they could endure it. Oh how it hurts to even think that way.

Cheers

I see that and abortion as two major and catastropic things leading to the downfall of the US.  You just can't thumb your nose at God!

My perspective is a little different. I do not see these issues as leading to the downfall of the U.S., I see them more as symptoms, results, of the downfall of the U.S.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

Hi Shiloh,

I just want to offer something to think about. Christian Philosopher Greg Koukl draws a distinction between gay-marriage and same-sex marriage, and I think he's right in this.

Gay-marriage refers to the identity of the "marriage" participants. So being against gay marriage is to be against gays marrying.

However, the issue isn't so much the so-called sexual identity of the participants as it is about the gender of the participants.

Those who are for natural aren't merely against gays marrying, but against any two people of the same gender marrying. Whether gay or just two straight guys hoping to score some tax benefits, both scenarios defile marriage.

As such I think it's better to call it same-sex marriage. This focusses on the gender issue which is really what it's about.

While it may imply that gays can't get married (unless the marry opposite sexes), the issue isn't the gays, but the importance of natural marriage.

I thought I'd just throw it out there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

There is one option I forgot to mention earlier that I heard suggested by a radio talk show host.  That is nullification.  The states can just declare a decision by a federal judge illegal and refuse to obey it.  Then let the showdown between the state and federal government begin.  I would fully support my state in any effort to stand up to rogue federal judges with regard to abortion or homosexual marriage. 

I think out of the suggestions that you mentioned the nullification idea is the best one, unfortunately, you still have to deal with the governors that will not fight even though they know the people of their own states do not want it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Personally at an observation the demise of our western countries goes like this,

95% of problems

*Marraige breakdowns

*. Rejection of core moral founding christian values in favour of secular atheism.

* Excess, greed, idolatary, gluttony, wastefulness.

5% of problem

Homosexuality

I'm probably wrong but it seems that way

Edited by Chris.

Guest Butero

Personally at an observation the demise of our western countries goes like this,

95% of problems

*Marraige breakdowns

*. Rejection of core moral founding christian values in favour of secular atheism.

* Excess, greed, idolatary, gluttony, wastefulness.

5% of problem

Homosexuality

I'm probably wrong but it seems that way

I would say that the biggest problem is a rejection of God.  That is what leads to the other sins that destroy a nation.  Things like homosexual marriage is just the natural progression of what happens in a society that has abandoned God.  I could give you reasons why there is a breakdown of marriage, but that would take another thread to discuss.  I personally find the spread of homosexuality far worse than excess, greed, gluttony and wastefulness.  Idolatry is worse, but I see the potential damage from widespread acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle more likely to destroy this nation.  I don't think the nation is going to turn to the worship of Dagon or Baal over the Lord.  I am alarmed at how many people look at homosexuality as a civil rights issue.  As to your 5 percent figure, that certainly wasn't true in Sodom and Gommorah. 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Problem is sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of gluttony and Lack of to the poor and needy.

Ezekiel 16:49

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Everyone thinks it was homosexuality alone but that is a myth. I don't think god is fond of gluttony much either from that verse.

Edited by Chris.

Ezekiel 16:49‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Rejoicing As The Neighbors Starve

There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men. Proverbs 30:14