JJ50

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible isn't evidence of anything at all, just a compilation of the works of different authors.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

The Bible isn't evidence of anything at all, just a compilation of the works of different authors.

The Bible is what it claims to be,

the undeniable, authoritative, Word of God .

2Pe 1:20  knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture came into being of its own private interpretation. 
2Pe 1:21  For prophecy was not borne at any time by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke being borne along by the Holy Spirit. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

Hi JJ50

If it is only the fear of hell which keeps people them on the straight and narrow, it extremely sad, that some people have to be frightened into being decent, honest human beings!

What good reason is there on atheism to be decent, honest human beings as opposed to simply doing whatever you please?

It seems that you're operating on the assumption that there are objective moral values, but how do you ground such things on atheism? Your mere sadness at the thought isn't much of an argument for why human should behave in a certain way.

By the way, it's an uncharitable caricature to suppose that Christian are only good because they fear hell. This is simply not the case. Christians typically pursue goodness because they believe in the objectivity of right and wrong and wish to be good for goodness sake.

What sort of crazy deity would consign people to burn in the fires of hell for mere unbelief?

No deity that we know of. The Christian God doesn't send people to hell for unbelief, but because of their moral failings. Is it crazy to punish wickedness in your view?

There is NO evidence the deity or an afterlife exists, or that it had anything to do with the production of the Bible, which seems a very human creation to me. But if you are happy with you very unpleasant belief system that is up to you.

You're making a claim that you cannot possibly know. To say there is no evidence, is a claim of absolute knowledge, since the only way to know that there is no evidence for God is to know all things, and thus within the set of all things, there is no evidence for God.

Perhaps you meant to say that there is no evidence that you find compelling?

That the Bible seems like a very human creation to you is a mere opinion. As such your opinion is noted, but a simple counterassertion "no it's not merely a human creation" would suffice.

The claim you're making here is that the Bible is merely a compilation of the works of different authors, but you've offered no evidence to back this claim. How do you know that it's merely that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hi JJ...

I don't think I ever had the chance to say"Welcome to Worthy?" Honestly,I can't pretend or even imagine a life worth living without my Heavenly Father.......I was dead before Christ but God still loved me & took care of me,no,no....it is impossible to think of God not existing,then neither would we?

You seem to be a confirmed Atheist,is there really such a thing?Or is it really Agnostic...I don't know,but perhaps you can tell me,if I may ask?What would you hope to achieve by coming to a Christian ministry or what did you hope to find?"

May God draw you unto Himself                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

Hi JJ50,

Did you take part in this discussion forum before under the name "justme50"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have asked this question on other forums and have been astonished that quite a number of 'born agains' would turn into criminals without the fear of hell to deter them!

I do believe that I would question their salvation JJ.   If we are to follow the commandments of Jesus, one can not live that way.  You might take that into consideration when you think about a relationship with the Lord.....   what others do really shouldn't matter in your decision to follow him.  It's truly between you and the Lord and no one else...    it might be a bit foolish to look at others as examples one way or the other.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

If it is only the fear of hell which keeps people them on the straight and narrow, it extremely sad, that some people have to be frightened into being decent, honest human beings! 

It may not be fear of hell it could be excitement/anticipation of living forever without  fear

or pain.

~

Beloved, Whistling In The Dark

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:19-21

Does Not Make Your Judge

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. John 12:46-47

Any Less Your Judge

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:48

Guest Butero

JJ50, you apparently don't understand what evidence is.  Evidence is not proof.  When someone is on trial, evidence is submitted to a jury to consider.  If this were a trial, I would be saying that I submit the creation as evidence of a creator.  I would submit the Bible as evidence of a creator.  I would submit historical evidence concerning the Jewish people and how they became a great nation as evidence of a creator.  I would submit fulfilled Bible prophecy as evidence of a creator.  When you claim there is no evidence for a deity, you are being dishonest.  People have to weigh the evidence and decide for themselves if it is legitimate or not. 

Guest shiloh357

In the unlikely event it could be proved beyond all shadow of doubt no deity or afterlife exists, how would it change your life?

If there is no God, there would be no reason to value you as a human being.  If there is no God, then we are nothing but a collection of molecules and chemicals, then human life has no moral/ethical or spiritual value.   You would have no reason to expect me or anyone else to respect you and thus, murder, theft, rape, abuse, molestation, etc. would have be no more or less moral value than eating a bag of peanuts.

Furthermore, you would have no expectation of justice for any evil thing done to you because there would be no objective or consistent standard for right and wrong, good or evil that could be enforced as morality as a concept would not exist.   Self evident truths like liberty, freedom, "human rights" would be nonexistent, so I would pretty much be free to do anything to you that I wanted to do without having to recognize any moral restriction on my behavior.

In fact if there is no God, we would not be asking questions or making distinctions about what is good or evil, good, better or best.  Beings who are nothing more than a collection of chemicals and molecules would not even have a reason to ask such questions.