• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This may be the wrong place for this? I think it is, but I don't know where to put it. Feel free to move it.

1.  I know Jesus gave many reasons for why He came. In 1 place in Mark He says He came to teach. Of course the major reason was to die and resurrect so that we may be saved. I have a problem with 1 reason He gave in John's Gospel 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. KJV  My problem is the word abundantly.  I checked 6 translations and most translate it abundantly. The NIV translates it as full. I know some of you are good with the ancient languages. I'm not. Maybe my problem is the translation. I have not had a full or abundant life.  Sure it could be worse. Anyone's life can always be worse. But this statement seems false to me.

2.  I am well aware that virtually all Protestant as well as Catholic Christians believe the soul is immortal. I don't really believe that. I know I came to this conclusion from the Bible. There were OT reasons and NT reasons. The problem is I read the OT a long time ago, and my memory has become quite poor. The only verse I remember is this one. It comes from Matthew 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Jesus seems to be saying God the Father can (and will) kill our body and soul in hell. I believe Jesus means the 2nd death here. This is also why I think anyone who goes into the 2nd death will cease to exist. The Bible says the 2nd death or lake of fire was created for Satan and his angels, not us. Satan and his angels are immortal. They can't be destroyed. We can. If the soul is immortal then why did Jesus say it can be killed?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The abundant life means spiritual values of abundance. Sometimes those who are physically poor are rich in faith and love. Their lives are overflowing. If this has not been your case, you should pray and ask God to repair whatever is keeping you from the abundance He intends you to have, or else open you eyes to the spiritual riches you already possess. Count your blessings and write them down. God's riches are eternal.

Matt. 10:28 uses the middle voice of the greek word for destroy, apollumi, means loss or spiritual destitution, to perish such as perishable foods, and in this case loss of well being. It is eternal separation from God Who is the sourse of everything good. The souls of the lost are spoiled and being cast off as unredeemable due to their own choice. They rejected Christ's redemption. They are not utterly and permanentlly destroyed in this case but are left to burn eternally. But this is not the case of those who trust in Christ, such as yourself. You will pass immediately into the presence of Jesus to be with Him. He has gone to prepare a place for us that where He is we may be with Him always.

The Master's Voice

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;

and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:26-29

~

1.  I know Jesus gave many reasons for why He came. In 1 place in Mark He says He came to teach. Of course the major reason was to die and resurrect so that we may be saved. I have a problem with 1 reason He gave in John's Gospel 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. KJV  My problem is the word abundantly.  I checked 6 translations and most translate it abundantly. The NIV translates it as full. I know some of you are good with the ancient languages. I'm not. Maybe my problem is the translation. I have not had a full or abundant life.  Sure it could be worse. Anyone's life can always be worse. But this statement seems false to me.

~

True

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

True Joy

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13

~

2.  I am well aware that virtually all Protestant as well as Catholic Christians believe the soul is immortal. I don't really believe that. I know I came to this conclusion from the Bible. There were OT reasons and NT reasons. The problem is I read the OT a long time ago, and my memory has become quite poor. The only verse I remember is this one. It comes from Matthew 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

~

The Resurrection

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

And The Eternal Destruction

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

~

Jesus seems to be saying God the Father can (and will) kill our body and soul in hell.

I believe Jesus means the 2nd death here.

This is also why I think anyone who goes into the 2nd death will cease to exist.

The Bible says the 2nd death or lake of fire was created for Satan and his angels, not us.

Satan and his angels are immortal.

They can't be destroyed.

We can.

If the soul is immortal then why did Jesus say it can be killed?

~

Life

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

And Death

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Beloved, Both Are

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city:

and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone,

where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:7-10

Eternal

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;

and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them:

and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.

This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:13-15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe