IGNORED

Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel to the Gentiles?

Inchrist1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hello to all my brothers and sisters in Christ!

* Was the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus and the 12 preached only for the Circumcision party? It seems to me that what Peter preached at Pentecost, in Acts 2 only applies to the Lost Sheep Of Israel. From what I can tell it is a continuation of what Jesus commanded in Matthew 10, the only difference is the crucifixion, and Resurrection.

"These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay. Acquire no gold or silver or copper for your belts, no bag for your journey, or two tunics or sandals or a staff, for the laborer deserves his food. And whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy in it and stay there until you depart. As you enter the house, greet it. And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town. (Matthew 10:5-15 ESV)"

* I don't see any Gentiles in this verse. And I'm May be wrong here but aren't the " Ones who are far off" the Jews who were scattered?

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. (James 1:1 KJV)"

* The 12 received there message from Jesus while he was still on earth. Paul received his message from Jesus in Heaven. Why was is necessary for Jesus to proclaim the Gospel to Paul, if the 12 could have have done it? And why is Paul's message so different?

"For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for you, how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God’s grace, which was given me by the working of his power. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him. So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory. (Ephesians 3:1-13 ESV)"

(Peter didn't preach this. He was reveling to the Lost Sheep, that Christ was the one who the prophet Isaiah spoke of.)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 8:1-8 ESV)"

"On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do. (Galatians 2:7-10 ESV)"

Are these two different Gospels?

* The 12 had to obey and endure to the end.

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:13, 14 ESV)"

Some of the Jewish Believers, were confused with Paul's message because he was saying that circumcision was not necessary. Peter didn't even understand.

" But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers. When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.” The apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider this matter. (Acts 15:1-6 ESV)"

This shows me that the message Paul received, was not known to the 12. Peter and the 12 weren't even aloud to associate with Gentiles, the law prevented them. When Jesus commanded peter to "Rise kill and Eat" Peter told him no.

"And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common."

"And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean. (Acts 10:13-15, 28 ESV)"

* After Acts, why is most of the New Testament focussing on Paul's message to the Gentiles? Is it because the Jews didn't except the Messiah and because of that they were cut off for a time, and the Gentiles were Grafted in? ( I'm not talking about the 12).

"What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, as it is written, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” (Romans 9:30-33 ESV)"

"So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean! Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches. But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree. Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”; “and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all. Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! (Romans 11:11-33 ESV)"

Why would the Jews be jealous if the Gentiles had the same Gospel? Remember the Gospel means " the good news".

This is something that has been weighing on my heart for a while, I haven't been able to share it with anyone because I was afraid i would be labeled a heretic. To me this puts to rest the controversy of James- "faith plus works", and Paul's-" faith without works". Please correct me if I'm wrong, i only ask that you use scripture to back it up. And I'm not trying to teach others to agree with this , I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Inchrist1

The Gospel of The Kingdom is the same Gospel for believing Gentiles, as there can only every be but one... Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The difference is with the timing. The Gospel was to be preached at Jerusalem first. It was rejected by the majority there. Then The Gospel (same Gospel of Jesus Christ) went to the Gentiles, and they would believe like Apostle Paul proclaimed to Jews while he was captive at his own house in Rome.

So don't believing Gentiles on Christ Jesus inherit the Kingdom along with believing Israel? Yes, they both do, together, as written. So why... would anyone want to think there's another, or different Gospel involved than the One Gospel? Thus Peter was chosen to take The Gospel to his Jewish brethren, and Paul was chosen to take The Gospel to the Gentiles, and to kings, and also to the children of Israel (Acts 9). Same Gospel for both, different servants for each group sent.

I ask that question while I well know why some... try to preach a dual-Gospel idea, especially since the 1960's (William Farmer). It is mainly from men's traditions trying to create support for the Pre-trib rapture theory that began in the 1800's. I think their dual-Gospel theory is called Hyper- something.

One of John Darby's (1830's) ideas involving the Pre-trib rapture theory was that the Church is raptured out by a secret coming of Christ, while Israel was left behind. So out of that came ideas that Christ's Church and Israel are completely separate entities. Yet that is not what God's Word teaches at all. The believing Gentiles have come into the New Covenant and promises of God specifically given... to Israel (i.e., believing Israel). This is why Apostle Paul used the phrase "commonwealth of Israel" to apply to Gentile believers in Ephesians 2. Paul taught neither Jew nor Greek (i.e., barbarian, or Gentile), no difference in Christ's Church, both inherit together.

So now in 1964, and 1980's with others on the Dispensationalist and Pre-trib Rapture doctrines, those men keep coming up with new material to try and separate God's Israel from Christ's Church, when God's Word does no such thing. All it is is to try create more proof for the Pre-trib Rapture theory, which is a theory from men, and not God's Word. So naturally, supporters here on that Pre-trib Rapture theory, and Dispensationalism, are going to lean towards supporting their dual-Gospel idea also. Be forewarned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Willa,

Wow.... That was impressive!!

I can now see the errors in this doctrine, but there are still a few things that I'm still curious about.

1. Was circumcision and baptism required for the House Of Israel?

2. Didn't Jesus say they had to endure till the end in order to be saved?

3. Paul says that we are in the time of the Gentiles, and that God did this to make Israel jealous. Why would they be jealous if it was the same message?

4. If they were the same Good News, then what was the Mystery hidden in God? And why does Paul call it his Gospel?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, I will understand if you don't have the time to answer them. Thank you for sharing you wisdom with me, I am truly humbled.

God bless you!!!

1. Circumcision and baptism. Both physical ritual circumcision and baptism (mikvah) were requirements in the Mosaic covenant. Baptism was brought forward into the New Covenant, with a similar application and meaning. Neither are required for salvation. Baptism should be practiced by all believers, simply because it is in the NT for believers.

Physical ritual circumcision is an interesting topic for Jewish believers. I am for it. When a Jewish male baby is born, they are to be circumcised. An uncircumcised child, according to the law, is cut off from his people. So, to be a full member of the Jewish people/children of Israel, a male must be ritually circumcised. A baby is not born saved, so a Jewish male is not born believing on Jesus. Every Jewish believer desires that their children come to know the Lord, but there is the chance they will not. An uncircumcised Jewish person, will be limited in their acceptance as a Jew, especially if they have Jesus believing parents. At the same time, and unbelieving uncircumcised Jew, will still face the prejudice for being Jewish. In my view, to not circumcise a Jewish baby, sets them up for potentially the worst of circumstances to face.

Plus, the command to circumcise is for all generations of the children of Israel, and since the Jewish baby is not a believer, they are obligated to the Mosaic command of circumcision. Most Messianic Jews do have their male sons circumcised.    

2. I believe the statement about those who endure to the end will be saved, is talking about the tribulation. Those Jewish people who are alive at the end, and see Jesus return triumphantly, fulfilling all of the prophesies of a triumphant Messiah, who will save (physically from war) Israel, will recognize Jesus as Messiah, Lord and Savior. But, as far as salvation, they will be saved by faith in Jesus alone, just like Gentiles.    

3. Yes, there is a prophesy that the believing Gentiles will form a new nation, and are to make a disobedient Israel jealous. Salvation is still the same way, and there is only one way. Israel will be jealous because the Messiah was prophesied to Israel, and Israel was to come to the Messiah. Israel, as a nation, failed to recognize the Messiah, but the Gentiles were drawn to the Messiah, and are receiving the blessing which come thru faith in the Messiah, while Israel has not received those blessings promised to them, yet.

4. There are multiple mysteries shown in the NT. A mystery is typically something hinted at in the OT, but fully revealed in the NT. The OT prophesies that Gentiles will be drawn to the Messiah, but that Gentiles and Jews who believe will become One New Man, equals in everyway as far as status and blessings in the New Covenant, was hinted at, but not fully revealed until the NT, so it was a mystery. Another mystery is the indwelling Holy Spirit, being born again , hinted at, but not fully revealed until the NT.      

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1982

Salty,

Thank you for your insight on this thread! I now understand that I was wrong to believe this doctrine thanks to the brilliant teachers on this forum. I'm trying to get away from different denominations making the bible fit in to there doctrine, i thought that i found something new and exiting with Mid Acts Dispensationalism, they do make a good case for it with scripture but i now understand it's errors. I do however still think that things changed dramatically when Paul received his dispensation from Jesus. I am pretty sure that things were revealed to Paul, that weren't revealed to the 12.. I no longer hold to the 2 Gospel doctrine.

This has been a fun learning experience for me. I look Forward to learning more.

Thanks,

Inchrist

Qnts2,

You have blessed me with that post!!! Thank you so much for sharing you wisdom and helping me understand. Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction. God bless you!

Guest Butero

There is a doctrine that has been going around of two gospels.  The idea is that the church lives by one and the Jews live by the other.  The Jews have to keep portions of the law that the gentiles don't.  The claim is that Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom and Paul did not.  I could easily take up a debate I was in over in the Q & A section about the gentiles and the Jews being one body, and one spiritual tree, and get into another argument, but rather than do that, I want to give you one scripture that I hope puts this to rest.  This doctrine hinges on the idea that Paul, as the preacher to the gentiles didn't preach the same message as Jesus.  Unlike Jesus, he didn't preach about the Kingdom. 

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the Kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.  Acts 28:30,31

I know a lady that went to an Independent Baptist Church and heard this message.  The preacher claimed the gospel of the Kingdom was only to the Jews, and that Paul didn't preach about the Kingdom, only Jesus did.  This was the scripture I gave her. 

Thanks Butero!