• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

In the city near where I live. I was watching tv that they where going to stop and frisk. I think it's to help with gun control. Now when I look in paper it said that they were going to stop it because it was invading people's rights. So is stop and frisk protecting us or invading people's rights.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

its invading. Police are supposed to have probably cause or a warrant to do a search-stop and frisk pretty much bypasses both of those, as well as possibly infringes on the second amendment. People have the right to carry arms to protect ourselves-and while stop and frisk does stop some illegal gun carriers, it also harrasses the legal ones and points them out to the criminals and makes them a target.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I agree Patriot.....    one might rationalize it being some protection, but the price for that in lost rights is much too high.    Also I think it exposes those of us who want to discretely carry weapons.   We have a few people here that wants to open carry, but they are few and far between and most times after a while they decide that concealed is much safer in an emergency.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I agree Patriot.....    one might rationalize it being some protection, but the price for that in lost rights is much too high.    Also I think it exposes those of us who want to discretely carry weapons.   We have a few people here that wants to open carry, but they are few and far between and most times after a while they decide that concealed is much safer in an emergency.

I would have been unable to understand your view on CC being safer just a few years ago, but now it's beginning to make sense.

From what I have read and what I have deduced, CC is a better option. Open carry can intimidate others who do not carry guns - it may also be seen as a sign of bravado.

CC on the other hand does not let the criminal's know who is armed and keeps them guessing. The strapping six-feet-two wrestler over there may not be a good prospect to mug, but then again he may not be armed, whereas the tiny old lady may look like an easy target but she could also be packing a .45.

I expect that unnecessary frisking will reveal to anybody who is watching, whether somebody is carrying or not.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

We were in Chicago last weekend, on the top floor of the parking ramp looking down at the street.  We heard sirens and all of a sudden 4 police cars zoomed in from two different directions and stopped this car, now these police pulled their guns and stood behind their doors calling out for the driver then passenger to get out.  I'm sure you all are aware of the drill, step out, back to us, back up slowly, lift your shirt slowly, down on your knees hands behind your head...etc....

Anyway, after all of that, I was pretty sure that we seen some bad people go down, well after about 5 mins in custody they let them go back to the car and leave. :confused:

Mistaken identity or standard procedure?

The convention we went to conveyed that they had the right to stop and frisk any convention goers that raised suspicion, or search bags.  I seen several getting searched, no one seemed to mind though. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

We were in Chicago last weekend, on the top floor of the parking ramp looking down at the street.  We heard sirens and all of a sudden 4 police cars zoomed in from two different directions and stopped this car, now these police pulled their guns and stood behind their doors calling out for the driver then passenger to get out.  I'm sure you all are aware of the drill, step out, back to us, back up slowly, lift your shirt slowly, down on your knees hands behind your head...etc....

Anyway, after all of that, I was pretty sure that we seen some bad people go down, well after about 5 mins in custody they let them go back to the car and leave. :confused:

Mistaken identity or standard procedure?

The convention we went to conveyed that they had the right to stop and frisk any convention goers that raised suspicion, or search bags.  I seen several getting searched, no one seemed to mind though. 

Yes, but that's Chicago!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

:biggrin2:  I was thinking the same thing Oak as I hit the reply button..... :biggrin2:

Chicago is dangerous. 

Guest shiloh357

I see absolutely nothing wrong with stop and frisk.  It has been around for as long as I can remember and until we got a radical left-wing government in charge of things did stuff like this ever become a problem.

Stop and frisk is an important procedure because it protects the well being of the police and others.  Stop and frisk makes sure that when a police makes a arrest that a criminal can't hide a knife or some other weapon and take the arresting officer by surprise and potentially kill him or her.   I don't think it violates any rights at all.

The only way I would see a problem with stop and frisk if you had to be frisked every time you went into public.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

if they have probable cause to stop a person in the first place I would agree......   just randomly doing so is a whole different thing.

Guest shiloh357

if they have probable cause to stop a person in the first place I would agree......   just randomly doing so is a whole different thing.

I agree.