Sign in to follow this  
Preacher's_Son

As a Man thinketh, So he is ?

All That A Man Achieves and All That He Fails to Achieve is the direct Result Of His Own Thoughts..

True or False   ???

Jer 10:23
(23)  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psa 37:23
(23)  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Rom 8:13-14
(13)  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14)  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

all that a man achieves that is good is the direct result of his being led by God's thoughts, and all that he fails to achieve that is good is the direct result of being led by his own thoughts.  the flip side - all that a man achieves that is bad is the direct result of his being led his own thoughts, and all that he fails to achieve that is bad is the direct result of being led by God's thoughts. :)

All That A Man Achieves and All That He Fails to Achieve is the direct Result Of His Own Thoughts..

True or False   ???

Jer 10:23
(23)  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

(23)  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

(13)  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14)  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

all that a man achieves that is good is the direct result of his being led by God's thoughts, and all that he fails to achieve that is good is the direct result of being led by his own thoughts.  the flip side - all that a man achieves that is bad is the direct result of his being led his own thoughts, and all that he fails to achieve that is bad is the direct result of being led by God's thoughts. :)

:thumbsup: this

Blessings Preacher's_Son

Welcome to Worthy.......

True,as we must take captive every thought & renew our minds......continuing to strive for perfection by having the Heart & MIND of Christ Jesus,very well said by our friend & Brother in Christ "disciplehelovestoo" who I have also not have had the pleasure of welcoming to Worthy before now,,,,,,,

(23)  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

(23)  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

(13)  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14)  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

all that a man achieves that is good is the direct result of his being led by God's thoughts, and all that he fails to achieve that is good is the direct result of being led by his own thoughts.  the flip side - all that a man achieves that is bad is the direct result of his being led his own thoughts, and all that he fails to achieve that is bad is the direct result of being led by God's thoughts. :)

posted by disciplehelovestoo

With love,in Christ,Kwik

It does depend on whose thoughts they allow to fill their minds. If it is the corrupt thoughts of the world, the flesh and the devil, they will reap the consequences of sin. If they allow God's word to transform their minds and hearts by the washing and regeneration of the Holy Spirit, they will achieve good to God's glory. So the garbage in, garbage out addage is pretty much right.

"As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." Prov. 23:7

It is true.  An example would be.  If a man thought there was going to be a lack of something then his thoughts would lead him to be greedy or stingy with what he has.  This man's thoughts caused his reaction or actions.

Matthew 15:10-11 - And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man.

Matthew 15:15-20 - Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.  And Jesus said,  Are ye also yet without understanding?  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsover entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and defile the man.  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornication, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:  These are the things that defile a man; but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

1 Samuel 16:7 - But the Lord said unto Samuel,  Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him:  for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looeth on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

God has always been especially concerned about man's heart and mind.  These few scriptures shows us clearly about the importance of what goes on inside of man.  You might kind of wonder, why is it that God cares about what man thinks? 

Well the answer is a simple one.  :18:     Whatever man holds in his heart, or thinks has a tremendous effect upon him in these three areas of his life spiritually, mentally and physically.  It's because our heart or mind largely determines what man will ultimately be.  The scriptures emphasizes the importance of what man does believes, thinks and feels.  This is equally true in our outward as well as our inner man.

A person of godly character doesn't come by favor nor by chance.  But it is the natural result of continued effort in right thinking.  It's the effect of a long-cherished association with God like thoughts.  It is equally true of an ungodly person who has a festival character.  By the very same process, is a result of continued harboring of bad or groveling thoughts.  I can also add in the apostle Paul's word in Phillippians 4:8-9 - As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (spiritually, mentally, and physically).

The believers way of life as it directs the mind, and as it controls man's behavior.  Will guide or lead man morally and ethically.  It constitutes a fine plan of living so far as spiritually, mentally and physically health is concerned.  Effect upon the body even as God's laws of cause and effect works in all realms the spiritual, mental and the physical realm.  There is no effect without a cause and no cause without it's effect.

Our thoughts control our life so as believers we have to control our thoughts and bring them into obedience to God's Word by taking them captive.  Scripture says, "Happy is the man whose mind is stayed on thee".

Colossians 3:1-17;  Philippians 4:6-9

blessings

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kirk341345
      How does the Church balance Truth and Love in a way that we do not allow tolerance to take presidence over Biblical truth?
    • By 4LdKHVCzRDj2
      The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is known to be the unforgivable sin.
      Question: But what is the only sin that cannot be forgiven?
      Answer: It is the sin of not believing in the truth of the gospel. And consequently not receiving it.

From the Holy Spirit comes absolute truth, all things that are said by the Holy Spirit are truth, ALWAYS.
      The Holy Spirit only produces good fruits, ONLY good fruits.
      "This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you,
      that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." - 1 John 1:5
      "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the love of the truth that saves all those who believe.
      "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of
      God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." - Romans 1:16
      "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17

The only reason for someone to resist and do not repent of his evil ways is: To love darkness rather than light.
      "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan,
      with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception
      among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth,
      that they might be saved." - 2 Thessalonians 2:10

All those who did not receive the love of the truth, that is the gospel of Jesus Christ will not receive forgiveness of sins.
      The first step is the person must repent, in truth, according to the gospel.
      "and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached
      in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." - Luke 24:47
      "...unless you repent you will all likewise perish." - Luke 13:5
      "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." - James 1:22

The condemnation for the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is eternal.
      The condemnation for the rejection of the truth presented in the gospel of Jesus Christ is eternal.
      "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never
      has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - Mark 3:29
      "He who believes and is baptized will be saved;
      but he who does not believe will be condemned." - Mark 16:16
      "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world,
      and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:19

Jesus said that all sin will be forgiven men, except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
      "but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him,
      either in this age or in the age to come." - Matthew 12:32
      This is speaking against the truth, in this case, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
      "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
      but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." - John 14:17
      Because if anyone does not receive the truth of the gospel they will be condemned, and it is a sin.
      "He who believes and is baptized will be saved;
      but he who does not believe will be condemned." - Mark 16:16
      And all sin will be forgiven, except the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit... Which means it is talking about the same sin.
      "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter
      but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - Mark 3:28-29
      "He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar,
      because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son." - 1 John 5:10

The hardest thing for the people to do is to repent of their evil ways and to embrace the truth of the gospel.
      "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17
      This is only possible through love, which means that only God can make the person to repent, in deed and in truth.
      "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44
      "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

And we all know Satan has produced several counterfeit of the gospel of Jesus Christ that has no effect of the truth in the person's life.
      And this is very dangerous, because the person does not accept truth and as a result is never sanctified through it.
      They believed a lie that at the end will not save them.
      People must enter through the narrow gate of truth. It is the only way that actually saves.
      "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the
      way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." - Matthew 7:13
      "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

Yes, many will reject the love of the truth... Many will believe a lie, many will be deceived.
      "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’
          shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
              Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord,
                  have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
                      And then I will declare to them,
                          ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:21-24

For this reason: Make sure you have believed and received The Truth. Otherwise, The Truth will tell you: I never knew you.
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Dear Lord, in Jesus Christ's name I pray.   Welcome Holy Spirit, embody this nation, government and military. God bless Donald Trump, keep him protected, helped and leading your nation strong and free. God bless Justin Trudeau, bend his will to yours, humble him and teach him what he needs to know of You. Thank you Lord for the peace talks in Korea! This is an appreciated answer to so many pleading prayers! We pray for the same peace and understanding in Cameroon, please have mercy and save its people. Please forgive us of all our sins. Especially excuse evil where we oppose, mock and vilify You. Please Lord, we know not what we do. Bless and revive us Lord, thy kingdom come. Put us through the painful process of cleansing this world, nation, generation and church of backsliding, sleepiness, enemies within, blasphemy, watering down of God's truth, word and law. Prune and throw such chaff into the lake of fire. Have us accept and cherish your free gift of salvation and eternal life immediately through your Son's sacrifice in place of our sin debt. May we all pray for this in our life now! Heal, restore and revive your body of Christ saved to do good works in the Lord. May we be light, salt and disciples to this desperate world. Hallelujah, he is risen, he is risen indeed!   I pray this sincerely for all lost, enemies and loved ones in Jesus Christ's name, amen!   GregoryB
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      I read the entire "Christian's going to hell" thread and was about to jump in with my own reply.  I did not realize the limitations of this forum section.  I suppose that is fine.  I got a lot out of what was discussed but still struggle with some of it.  I get all the points of views, proof, beliefs and such.  I am not trying to call out or trap anyone.  I am a baby Christian and have honest questions for clarification.  I pray we can all come to an agreement on God's word and truth.
      I was hoping we could base the discussion on Matthew 25 ( https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+25&version=NIV ) and how it related to the thread I could not jump in on.  My question is this.  Does Matthew 25 add or take away from any and all posts made there by *everyone*? 
      I have more specific questions too.  The ten virgins for starters, do they not represent Christians covered in the blood of Jesus?  I am not clear on the oil in their lamps as well.  I suppose it could relate to my above general question.
      I am wrestling with all this.  I believe I am a born again Christian.  I have faith in my salvation.  I am concerned about others I care for and love.  I will elaborate and add more enquiries as this thread develops.  May opportunities open to know and understand the Holy Trinity better.  Be well, content and helpful in the Lord. 
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      "All for Today"

I wandered the streets naked hearing only the beats
      of my heart overflowing with a sixth sense
      of urgency; emergency; clergymen; demons;
      I fainted.
      Time had ceased.
      My mind was creased.
      Cursed with the truth, the lies twisted my hindsight;
      the sight lit my foresight
      and the now was one huge stooge
      ready to fall.
      It was a desperate call
      and I knew not who to listen to or who to tell,
      my apparently tortured loneliness was living hell.
      I eventually landed in a psychiatric ward
      where all my kin were studied as a backwards horde.
      The call was still ringing in my ears but 
      I was stuck in tangents of a concentration camp.
      The antics of my fellow prisoners of war
      only proved to me I was in on the score
      and was losing; missing in action with
      only my (innocent of the facts) family to protect me.
      That was a decade ago now and how I
      came through is miraculous.
      ...yet that time is not written off,
      it still haunts me to this day,
      a reality I rarely speak of...
      and that is all I will burden you with today.

-Gregory KJ Brumwell 2004