• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Romans 1:19  since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.  20  For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse

1:25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

1:28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

Does anyone remember having any knowledge of God before you accepted Jesus?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

All people have knowledge of a god, but it may be a false god. Either that or they have a false view of the true God. The ones who say there is no god are either in denial or they have lost that innate sense that they were born with. I believe that we were all born with a sense of the true God but life may have messed all that up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Yes, all people can see God in His creation. That is how I came to know the God of the Bible. I first prayed that God reveal Himself to me in nature and He answered my prayer. Then He convicted me of my need for forgiveness and repentance, turned me to Jesus, and created in me a hunger to read the Bible. So yes, we can come to know His existance through nature. But full knowledge comes through the gospel of grace and God's word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi hmbld,

I found these links interesting regarding our knowledge of God. The second one attributes this tendency to evolution, but the implications are the same – as children, we interpret the world to be designed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/3512686/Children-are-born-believers-in-God-academic-claims.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/superstition-the-product-of-evolution/story-e6frg6so-1111112182732

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

God has made Himself seen through His creation, yet, He will not force anyone to see Him.  The desire needs to come from the heart.  Those who do not want to know God will not see Him in His creation ... those who do, will.