Hello

My Name is Joe. I am currently in my last week of being a high school freshmen. I go to a very small school, of which there are only 32 kids in the high school. Last Friday, the teacher in charge of detention was handing out detention notices to everyone who had received detention. I did not receive a slip and I personally spent five minutes talking to ensure myself that I had not received detention. He promised me that I was not on the list.

Then, the next morning I got an email from him saying he had lied and that I did have detention. Now on the last day of school, I have to go to detention after school ends. I have detention for the stupidest reason, too. Out of the 250 days I went to school this entire year, I walked in a minute late on three of those days. That is enough to get me detention. My school is apparently "Christian", but the teachers literally act like the spawn of the devil. They are always yelling at me, always assigning me extra work, always riding me, always ridiculing me, and always telling me I'm worthless and hurting my feelings. I hear that in detention it is ten times worse.

The thing about it is that during parent teacher conferences all of the teachers act like angels and they are super nice to the parents, telling them that we are all wonderful students, so my parents have never believed me when I told them what terrible people were in charge of my education. Finally, I just ended up completely revolting against my parents and enrolled in a new school next year without their consent, because I have a life to live. But all of these teachers are SO bad and hurtful to me, and I literally hate them for treating me like a bag of scum.

In 4 days, these people will no longer have jurisdiction over me, and I want revenge. I want to tell them how horrible they were. I want to wring their necks. I'm having such a hard time just leaving them be and forgetting they existed, because, although it's terrible, I literally want them dead. I'm not overreacting, I would not be surprised if they were demons hypnotizing all of the parents to send their children here.

In my anger, I've sort of started a student revolt, taking a third of the high school with me this year, and another half after next year. But how can I control my anger against these freaks? How can I show them that their wrong? How do I resist the urge to stinkin shoot them?!?! I am not an angry person, but I have been abused so badly, I can't imagine what God wants me to do with this situation. HELP!!!!

I know that God does not want you seeking revenge. I know that God does not want you to hurt anyone. Leave them up to the Lord to deal with. Pray and ask Him to ease your pain, to ease your anger. Do not take revenge yourself. 

Hello Joe, 

When we take things into our own hands, revenge never helps us. 

In fact, it only makes us more bitter, it's not what God would want us to do. 

God is a God of love. 

You say you are not an angry person , so I am praying that you are just verbally letting off steam.

In your post you say that " You have enrolled in a new school for next year."

This shows that you are not worthless or they would not have accepted you.

Put this bad experience behind you,

move forward ; show others by studying hard and obtaining good grades what you are made of. 

Now is the time to pray and leave the past in the past. 

Do you go to a youth group at your local church?  If so, why not have a word with the youth worker, sharing a problem always helps us. 

Joe you are loved , God loves you . 

God bless you Joe. 

What I see from this situation, is that it's faith time, Joe.  God says that he who touches one of his, touches the apple of His eye.  He also says that vengeance belongs to Him.  Now who can do more damage, Him or you?  If I were you, I would pray for your teachers, because you don't know what's coming on them - pray that God will be merciful to them and not be too hard on them.  

You're right; you have a life to live, but nobody has all the answers.  Your parents are doing what they think is best for you - like you said, how would they think any differently of the teachers if they act so nicely in front of them?

Did you pray before enrolling in the other school?  Did God guide you to it?  You never know - you might be jumping out of the pan only to land in the fire... Let God guide you always.  Seek His leading so that you will always be at peace, whatever the situation.  Even now, pray that God will place you in the right place, whether its where you enrolled or elsewhere... wherever He chooses, that He bless your time at there, that you will feel release and freedom there, and that you will be taught the truth - as this world is busy teaching lies to children.  

If you need to talk more, you can pm anyone who's responded to you, including me, keep going in this thread, and there's 24/7 chat with someone always available there just to talk about any old thing.  

[Father God, I bring Joe before you, I pray that you steer him as a ship right into Your everlasting arms; that you will hold him, comfort him, support him, and strengthen him by the power of Your love.  Place him exactly where you want him, and that as your vessel, he would allow You to work in him and through him to share Your love with those around him - teachers and students alike.  Bless him in every way, in abundance.  Bless his family life, resolve any residual issues between him and his parents I pray, let there be total peace in his home.  In Jesus' mighty and powerful Name do I pray - be glorified in all this, Lord God Almighty!  AMEN!]

God bless you Joe, and welcome to Worthy :)

Hi, Joe. Welcome to Worthy! My heart goes out to you, man. Really, I understand. I may be a few months shy of 60 years old, but I remember in high school, the harassment I put up with... Both by staff and students. I looked much like this recent picture of me here, minus the beard of course. Those were turbulent times of the late 60s/early 70s. I was kinda short and skinny... An easy target. Not every one hassled me. I did have some friends and they stood up for me, thank God. Fortunately, I didn't shove back and never got physically hurt. But I had some throw rocks at me, spit at and got a lot of cat-calls. You know, whistled at like I was a girl. My most courageous self-defense, was to comment back, "Aw, c'mon man... I'm too ugly to look like a girl." But it did hurt my feelings. Bad!

Anyway, that was a long time ago and this is supposed to be about you. I just thought I'd share how I do relate to you, even though times have changed, girls and guys get targeted and put down in school... Many times for no apparent reason. It's all in the media. You wrote a lengthy and articulate post. You're an intelligent young man. But it does concern me how you're dealing with your anger. I got plenty upset too, at your age. And maybe in my heart, I wanted to get even with the some of the people that brought on a lot of emotional pain. But I didn't let hatred over-run my head about it. I got saved in my Junior year and they called us, "Jesus Freaks." Sound familiar? Joe, it would break the hearts of millions here in America, if you did something that's becoming all too common in the news papers and on TV. 

You said you're attending a Christian high school, isn't that right? From your description, it seems more like a military school. Not that I'm in any disrespect of academy or our veterans... Not at all! It was Memorial Day and I have a lot of respect for nation's defenders, past and present. Absolutely! But Joe, you didn't mention anything about your personal relationship with God. So, I'm assuming hopefully, Jesus is your Saviour. Is He? You're in desperate need, regardless. I got a couple of really great scriptures here and they do apply to all believers. Even you, Joe. Check it out, they have the same power and meaning, from day they were written. I'm praying for you.

God bless you!

David/BeauJangles

The heart of your Lord before you...

(KJV) Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather, give place unto wrath; for it is written,Vengeance is mine; I will repay, sayeth the Lord.

Your heart before the Lord...

(KJV) Luke 6: 36-37: Be therefore, merciful, as your Father is also merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive, and ye shall be forgiven;

The heart of your Lord before you...

(KJV) Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather, give place unto wrath; for it is written,Vengeance is mine; I will repay, sayeth the Lord.

Your heart before the Lord...

(KJV) Luke 6: 36-37: Be therefore, merciful, as your Father is also merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive, and ye shall be forgiven;

See, Joe?  The Lord confirms His Word!  Take courage, have faith, and hold on to God's hand as He takes you through your situation His way.  Blessings :)

In my anger, I've sort of started a student revolt, taking a third of the high school with me this year, and another half after next year. But how can I control my anger against these freaks? How can I show them that their wrong? How do I resist the urge to stinkin shoot them?!?! I am not an angry person, but I have been abused so badly, I can't imagine what God wants me to do with this situation. HELP!!!!

What do you mean that you are talking the students with you....   do you mean to the other school?

Welcome~!

~

But how can I control my anger against these freaks? How can I show them that their wrong? How do I resist the urge to stinkin shoot them?!?! I am not an angry person, but I have been abused so badly, I can't imagine what God wants me to do with this situation. HELP!!!!

~

Look

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

Up

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. John 16:23

Beloved

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

~

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Verbal abuse to you is wrong just as is retaliation. It is all harassment and that is against the law. Get one of your friends to secretly film the harassment your getting from teachers and show it to your parents and the dept of education in your state so it can be dealt with.  All kids have the right to not be harnessed at school and the teachers have the right to be treated with respect from students. 

This is one thing a student uprising won't benefit you as much as showing your teachers employers or goverment officials evidence of child harassment. The peaceful smart way is the best way here and will benefit you most. Any abuse should not be tolerated but always reported so it can stop for future students if this is the case.

Edited by Chris.

Verbal abuse to you is wrong just as is retaliation. It is all harassment and that is against the law. Get one of your friends to secretly film the harassment your getting from teachers and show it to your parents and the dept of education in your state so it can be dealt with.  All kids have the right to not be harnessed at school and the teachers have the right to be treated with respect from students. 

This is one thing a student uprising won't benefit you as much as showing your teachers employers or goverment officials evidence of child harassment. The peaceful smart way is the best way here and will benefit you most. Any abuse should not be tolerated but always reported so it can stop for future students if this is the case.

:thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sojourner414
      By By Anthony DeStefano
      There’s no polite way to say it. Atheists today are the most arrogant, ignorant and dangerous people on earth.
      We’ve all seen how these pompous prigs get offended by the slightest bit of religious imagery in public and mortified if even a whisper of  “Merry Christmas” escapes the lips of some well-meaning but naïve department store clerk during the “holiday season.”
      To cite a few recent examples: Last December, the group “American Atheists” launched its annual billboard campaign with the slogan: “Stay Away from Church—it’s All Fake News.” In February, the “American Humanist Association” became furious when President Trump had the gall to mention Christianity and Jesus Christ without also mentioning atheists—at the National Prayer Breakfast! (How dare he!) And just this month, the “Freedom From Religion Foundation” raised holy hell because the Reverend Billy Graham was laid out in state in the Capitol Rotunda before his burial.
      Yes, these atheists are loud, nasty, unapologetic and in-your-face.
      But while their arrogance is annoying, it’s nothing compared to their ignorance. Atheists believe that the vast majority of human beings from all periods of time and all places on the Earth have been wrong about the thing most important to them. They basically dismiss this vast majority as being either moronic or profoundly naïve. What they don’t seem to know – or won’t admit – is that the greatest contributions to civilization have been made, not by atheists, but by believers.
      (more)
      http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/20/todays-atheists-are-bullies-and-are-doing-their-best-to-intimidate-rest-us-into-silence.html
    • By naominash
      Isaiah 1:17 New International Version (NIV)
      17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
          Defend the oppressed.[a]
      Take up the cause of the fatherless;
          plead the case of the widow.

Hey Worthy, I wanted a chance to explain my position on grace and abusers in the church.
      No, we should not extend grace to unrepentant abusers, child molesters, and narcissistic power-seekers in the church.
      Here's why.
      First I think there are two common beliefs that I don't agree with. One is that grace is for everyone. The second is that we are called to extend grace to everyone at all times because none of us deserve grace and all sin is equal before God. Let's start with the first one.
      Yes, grace is for sinners. That is clear. But what about those who claim to be Christians but habitually live in sin?
      Here is what 1 Corinthians 5: 11-13 has to say
      11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
      12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”
      But avoiding and expelling wicked people isn't extending grace! God never gives up on anybody! We must love them until they turn to God! Right?
      Wrong.
      Isaiah 26:10 New International Version (NIV)
      10 But when grace is shown to the wicked,
          they do not learn righteousness;
      even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
          and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.

But didn't Jesus say love your enemies? What about that?
      Matthew 5:43-48 New International Version (NIV)
      43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
      This Scripture is often laid heavily on victims of abuse. Love your enemies, so therefore, stay and continue to suffer abuse. That's what Jesus would have done...
      Except it's not.
      Enduring suffering is only righteousness if there is no Godly way out of it. Even Christ asked to "let this cup pass from Him" meaning not having to suffer the cross and the loss of God's presence. And loving your enemies? That means we're to be like God in helping and doing good to both the righteous and the wicked. To be clear, if a know enemy is on the side of the road needing medical attention, we are to help them the best we can.
      If we are 'nice' to people who abuse and manipulate others continually as they claim to be Christian, we only enable even more evil. We are to avoid them and purge them from our midst. How can we do this if we refuse to see that grace is not for everyone?
      Grace is for the unbelieving sinners for sure. Grace is for believers for sure. But for those that have tasted the gospel and continue to reek havoc on other's lives?
      Hebrews 6:4-6 New International Version (NIV)
      4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
      If impossible, means impossible, than that means that there can be no grace people for those who fall under this category.

Now, on to the second one.
      Some insist that all sin is equal to God so we have no right to judge whether another person is saved or not. I don't think the Bible supports this.
      So Pilate said to Him, “You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?” Jesus answered, “You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given you from above; for this reason he who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.” (John 19:10-11)
      People in the church leap to defend some church leader who has been ousted for the heinous crimes in the name of grace. They say, "We are all sinners. We cannot judge." But suppose we actually went through the steps of church discipline and obeyed the Bible's warnings about evil people in our midst?
      What if we actually showed real love and mercy to the victims of abuse and narcissistic power seekers? What if they saw real justice being measured out in the church? Wouldn't they have a reason to be glad about the heart of God? Wouldn't that be a wonderful witness?
      What if we stopped rushing to defend hypocritical people and saw evil for what it really is rather than trying so hard to be blind to it with some syrupy cheap knock-off of grace?
      Paul was just as full of the Spirit when he called people sons of devils. The Holy Spirit is not always 'nice'. Let's stop showing grace to people who only use it as a license to do more evil and look at us as fools. Let's show real love to people who suffer at the hands of abusers and support them if they want to find a way out.
      Reconciliation and forgiveness are not these things we should use to forced abuse victims back into oppression. Forgiveness is simply renouncing personal vengeance and leaving it to the Lord, it is not welcoming back your abuser with open arms.

Sorry for the post length.

• By Mea kakau
      This will be a long post as there is a lot going on in my life right now.
      For years I've been the victim of my husband's verbal, emotional, and psychological abuse. It has contributed to my PTSD which I got from extreme childhood abuse. Two weeks ago my husband decided to threaten me. He's threatened me before about various things. This time he hit me where it really hurts. Anything to do with death triggers me and then increases my PTSD. My husband knows I'm triggered by death. He threatened me with suicide if he doesn't get a puppy by July. I'm not quite ready for a puppy.
      One thing led to another and I took him to my therapy appointment. The whole session turned out to be all about my husband and his problems. I never asked for my therapist to step in and "take care of" my husband. The point was to address my husband's threatening behavior. Any time I attempted to say a single word, I was essentially told to shut up. She didn't say those exact words. I tried to comment on his threat to take his life and was told that I shouldn't taint our beautiful relationship with the one incident of abuse.
      When I first started seeing my therapist back in August of 2017 I attempted to tell her several times that my husband was a mental/emotional abuser. However she wanted to see this rosy picture of two vagabonds traveling all around the Pacific Northwest. Once, I tried to explain that I was coerced into moving to one place. My husband harped on me for nearly two weeks until I caved. I started to explain this to my therapist and she shut me down saying she only wanted to hear about my vagabond adventures. Every time I shared something she would bring me back to the topic thus silencing me. She's even told me she thought he was a saint to put up with me and my PTSD.
      This whole way in which she created a false narrative of my life in her head is what she then based our appointment on this last Thursday, 8 March 2018. Half way through the appointment she sensed something else was going on, and yet she never stopped the conversation between her and my husband. And she continued to isolate me from the two of them as if therapy was now my husband and her. She is my therapist. Period.
      When the appointment was finished I was left gutted and shocked that I had been cast aside and disregarded. That I had been silenced. I then I had to pay for my husband's therapy appointment. Huh?
      This is my worst nightmare; another therapist turning on me and a woman. I've had three women therapists become controlling on me, nearly destroying my life in the process. This therapist is one of those three. It took everything within me to see her the first time due to past abuse by female therapists.
      After this current therapy session I did two things. I told my husband how I felt about what happened. And I called my therapist and told her that she just messed me up big time. That she didn't know what she had done to me. And that I didn't know whether I could ever see her again.
      On Friday she called and I couldn't keep it together long enough to make it through the whole phone conversation. I started bawling, not just crying, and finally told her I couldn't talk any more. I hung up. I haven't heard from her since. Part of the conversation was her realizing in the middle of the therapy session that something wasn't right. She never stopped things though. She kept going with them. She never apologized to me on the phone. Though she tried to make it look like she had done everything right. Not true. I tried to tell her the real story of my life and she didn't want to hear it. She wanted to believe that I had a fairy tale life as an adult.
      On Friday I also told my husband that I had had it and wanted a divorce. I felt used after the therapy appointment and livid after his abusive words. I had promised myself back in 2015 that if my husband ever was abusive again that I'd leave him. This was a promise I made to myself.
      Since Friday and Saturday I've poured out my anger and hurt on my husband, that which belongs to him not the anger and hurt I have toward my therapist. My husband apologized again and again. I've accepted his apology and yet I know this means he'll go right back to doing it again as evidenced by his continued and ongoing abuse.
      Now he finally understands that his mental/emotional abuse is just like physical abuse, just like a broken bone except on the inside. No one sees it. No one knows that it exists. That shook him to the core getting this part. At the same time he remembered an incident which happened as a child where his father had emotionally abused him and how it hurt and still hurts. And the fact that I forced him into an anger management course back in 2004/5 where he told me repeatedly that he's not like those men in there: He doesn't break bones and send me to the hospital. Anyway he gets it now. It is the same. He is like those men.
      And he said that he doesn't want to treat me like this any more. He doesn't know why he does it to me. And he's willing to go to therapy. He's been in therapy before and never focused on his issues. Instead he complained about mine and his son's problems. This time he says he's willing to deal with his issues. My husband is 75 years old this year! He doesn't want to lose this marriage. He finally gets that he's got a serious problem. He admits that he's causing most of the problems in this marriage. This is a first.
      My husband has promised to start looking for a therapist on Monday.
      So my prayer requests are many fold:
      For me For him For my therapist For our marriage For finding the right therapist for my husband And who knows what else... and the renovation of our kitchen and bathroom are not finished because of him stalling and putting it off due to him wanting a puppy and refusing to do anything. Right now I can barely function due to the PTSD being completely out of whack from my husband's abuse and my therapist's total disregard for my well being.
      Thank you for reading this super long prayer request.
    • By Kay.
      Hello I'm Kay from London 
      Just checking this out. 
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Open Letter to Rock Bottom
      Dear Down in the Dumps,
      You are not in a nice place to visit or indefinitely live. I know, I have been there too many times. Since then I have burned my passport and remain grounded, gladly. The local authorities and citizens do not understand my alien presence. They cannot keep this message out. I will explain later. You will not complain sooner. Listen, look and warm yourself up to light versus darkness. Defect from that infected wasteland. Walk this way for freedom!
      Before I believed in anything worth mentioning, I desperately decided to buy into "Allen Carr's 'Easy Way to Stop Smoking.'" Heck, he wrote I could even smoke as I read the book! I took a leap of faith out the hole of butts and ash. I actually enjoyed and laughed at old cues to spark a dart. Nic fits were only a fading memory of how and what I used to be like. I had been deprogrammed from doom and reprogrammed for life. Thank goodness, because all drags from cigarettes had become depressing slave wage reminders of death. I could not prove or understand it but I believed it had worked, setting me free. I see that now was a good sign, open door and ray of hope. Major problems had potential solutions. I believed things could be better.
      Before I met and surrendered to Jesus Christ, I waged war with myself and the world. I abused my being with alcohol, marijuana and drug experimentation. I sat much of my life in front of a screen playing questionable games. I cheated on God, my future wife and myself with pornography and masturbation. I was living the bad dream of a wicked party scene. My heart had holes, my mind was free for the taking, my body was in ruin and my soul was lost and bound. Mental health issues coincided with the start of all of the above. By my fourth psychiatric ward stay I actually enjoyed doing my time and running the show. Pride, lust, anger, gluttony and slothfulness as deadly sins were aiming to win. It was either end up a casualty of spiritual warfare or be saved by divine intervention. Enter my Saviour, Lord, teacher and protector.
      I read the Bible out of curiousity. I thought I should for its major influence on the world and world view. Believing and in it does not change that in any case. Tragedy struck when my parents' dog died in my arms. What I was doing with my life and would come after hit me hard. God had spoken, my deaf ears had been opened. I quit pot on the spot. I mourned Baloo's death and a life I was not getting. I compensated by binge drinking. I started getting drunk in the morning. I was listening to Harvesters FM, a Christian radio station constantly. They suggested AA, Alcoholics Anonymous. I went and got on the sober wagon. Gaming got the boot. Pornography and masturbation were confessed, apologized for, repented from and rebuked. All of the above related to asking Jesus Christ into my heart and life through a simple, sincere to the point prayer. The Bible was now more than history and what Christianity was based on. It was God's word speaking to me, changing my life for His pure glory, perfect plan and purpose. Not the story of my life, but Jesus Christ's death for the church as his wife. It is thee book that's truth never changes as always relevant. Now I am part of the book of life, hallelujah!
      Not the end,
      Gregory Keith Jonathan Brumwell 2018
      Testimony Saved by Jesus Christ as of December 18, 2016, GKJB-1973
      11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
      - John 3:11 New International Version (NIV)
      31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.
      - John 5:31 New International Version (NIV)
      7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.
      - John 1:7 New International Version (NIV)