• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Where is photosynthesis whithout the sun?

There is a scientific error in Genesis, the first book of the Bible, about the nature of plants. Genesis depicts God creating plants on the third day even though the sun, which is responsible for the ability of plants to live, isn't created until the fourth day. You can't have plants without photosynthesis and you can't have photosynthesis without the sun, so the biblical account of creation contradicts what we know from science.

If you are going to grasp at biblical science straws, you should grasp at all of it.

God is the livegiver.  God supernaturally sustains all life even today.  Nothing lives without His permission.

If you are going to invoke the supernatural, all bets are off and we cannot have a science conversation - your arguments are entirely based on faith.

Edited by jerryR34

Guest shiloh357

Where is photosynthesis whithout the sun?

There is a scientific error in Genesis, the first book of the Bible, about the nature of plants. Genesis depicts God creating plants on the third day even though the sun, which is responsible for the ability of plants to live, isn't created until the fourth day. You can't have plants without photosynthesis and you can't have photosynthesis without the sun, so the biblical account of creation contradicts what we know from science.

If you are going to grasp at biblical science straws, you should grasp at all of it.

God is the livegiver.  God supernaturally sustains all life even today.  Nothing lives without His permission.

If you are going to invoke the supernatural, all bets are off and we cannot have a science coversation - your arguments are entirely based on faith.

But it is the best explanation.  It is not unreasonable that an all-powerful God can and would sustain life and He could support life without needing the sun.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

You mean plants can't survive one night without the sun?  The work of creating the plants finished that evening and night and the sun was made the next day...essentially one full night. 

You mean plants can't survive one night without the sun?  The work of creating the plants finished that evening and night and the sun was made the next day...essentially one full night. 

Not that anyone is sticking to reality with this, but imagine how cold our planet would be without the sun...

Guest shiloh357

Not that anyone is sticking to reality with this, but imagine how cold our planet would be without the sun...

That doesn't make any difference when God is sustaining all life on it.    You live in a skewed reality that assumes the natural world is all there is.

Where is photosynthesis without the sun?

:thumbsup:

Yes There Is An Insurmountable Error In Scientism And In Science

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:6-9

For God Provided His Light

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:3

For His Plants

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. Genesis 1:12-13

And He Will Do It Again

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5

But Science And Scientism Can't Detect Truth

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

~

And Because Of The Cold Hearts Of Sinners

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:5-6

Both Science And Scientism Are Left Stone Blind To The Power

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:8-10

Of The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Deuteronomy 32:39-42

Nor Can They Predict

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:43

The End

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 John 5:20

Love, Joe

That doesn't make any difference when God is sustaining all life on it.    You live in a skewed reality that assumes the natural world is all there is.

It is entirely pointless to debate you on scientific grounds when you can invoke the supernatural whenever it suits you.  That is why we need to keep God out of science classes.  How would it look on a biology exam to just say "because God said so..."? 

:thumbsup:

Yes There Is An Insurmountable Error In Scientism And In Science

Your "Yes" implies you are agreeing with something I said.  I never said there is any insurmountable error in science, and am not sure what scientism is.  Just wanted to clarify.

Guest shiloh357

It is entirely pointless to debate you on scientific grounds when you can invoke the supernatural whenever it suits you.  That is why we need to keep God out of science classes.  How would it look on a biology exam to just say "because God said so..."? 

The word "science" means "knowledge."    It doesn't really refer to a particular kind of knowledge.   So the word science in its purest and strictest definition doesn't rule out knowledge of God.

And you are oversimplifying things.  No one is discounting science at all.  The problem is that science depends on a Creator who is logical and is able to create a universe that is predictable, logical and uniform.   Without predictable uniformity, you can't do science.   If the universe isn't consistent and logical and uniform, astronomers can't make predictions.  God is at the bottom of all natural forces and processes, guiding and sustaining them. 

Science cannot work from chance or happenstance.

The word "science" means "knowledge."    It doesn't really refer to a particular kind of knowledge.   So the word science in its purest and strictest definition doesn't rule out knowledge of God.

And you are oversimplifying things.  No one is discounting science at all.  The problem is that science depends on a Creator who is logical and is able to create a universe that is predictable, logical and uniform.   Without predictable uniformity, you can't do science.   If the universe isn't consistent and logical and uniform, astronomers can't make predictions.  God is at the bottom of all natural forces and processes, guiding and sustaining them. 

Science cannot work from chance or happenstance.

Sorry, I should clarify...when I refer to science I am referring to the scientific method.  The scientific method deals with observations of the natural world.  Occam's razor would preclude any supernatural agency.