IGNORED

People are not Born Gay - Royal College of Psychatrists

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

No, they are not born gay, but don't expect this information to be widely circulated.

I'm straight (and proud of it!), and I have been straight since I was born.

It seems normal to me that a woman loves a man.

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever people told me they were gay or lesbian, I'd think it was so strange and not at all right. It just didn't feel normal to me.

I'm glad we have an argument for us straight people. And believe me, we are not the strange ones.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

One of my co worker always has this debate with me. That gays are born that way, and God made them that. She is always good with a come back. Sometimes she is so good she leaves me speechless. It is satan's lie.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

i think some are born gay and some are not. but some deffinatly are. i have a friend who is gay, and he was already doing different and always sitting with the girls when he was 5 years old.

tigger398: the fact that you cannot win from her in a debate, might be because she is right on certain points. and being gay is not against christianity: only homosexual actions are, as well as gay marriage.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

The most 'feminine' acting man I ever met was a realtor. When we met, I "sized him up", as I do everyone. He was absolutely gay... ... until he showed me pictures of his kids and talked about how much he loved his wife! So being "born that way" is bologna. I agree with the op although I admit that there is much to be learned biologically about gays, trans, and asexuals.

The most interesting thing I have ever heard of is a rare genetic disease common in Australia. One very beautiful, feminine and very normal lady had some genetic testing done and learned she had male chromosomes. I can't say she was doing anything wrong. Interesting.

Personally I don't think it matters a lot whether one is born gay or not. Same gender sexual encounters are sin, regardless of one's predilections. We are all disposed to acting out sins, some this one, some that one, most of us sin plenty. I think most of us can admit to being born selfish, yet that does not mean it is okay to act selfishly. 

I do not blame God for making me selfish, how I act is a choice, though I might be stuck with how I feel. If I seek to please God by living as best I can within His will, I think He will bless that effort. If I want to continue to rebel against Him and blame Him for my imperfections, how much help can I reasonably expect from Him?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Well, if someone really is born gay, good news! They can be born again. I'm curious how many homosexuals were abused as children. My friend does a lot of ministry to the gay community and she said that many of them open up about sexual abuse they experienced when they were younger, I'm finding that to be really common. Abuse causes a demonic stronghold.

I have a friend who was one of the "born gay" ones. One day she became a believer but was still struggling with the being gay thing. She went to talk to a pastor about it and he commanded that demon to go. She experienced a deliverance, and it left. After that she realized those desires were attached to it. Now she's married and following the Lord.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

How in the world can someone say a person is gay because they sat with girls when they were 5 years old?  Am I supposed to believe a 5 year old child is a homosexual?  The fact he was doing different, whatever that means, and sitting with girls could have been a result of his environment growing up.  It proves nothing.  There are men who are effeminate and women who act more like men than women who are not homosexual.  Being effeminate is a sin too, but a different sin. 

I am glad that there is a group of psychiatrists that are making this admission, but it really doesn't matter.  The homosexual lifestyle isn't less sinful if homosexuals were created gay.  That would only mean God created them as vessels of dishonor and to be destroyed.  I am not saying that is the case, but I am just saying it is irrelevant.  It doesn't become less sinful because someone was created a certain way.  I have never understood the logic of that argument.  Sin is the transgression of God's law, and homosexual relations is a sin.  I do find this story interesting because there was a time when homosexuality was considered a mental disorder, and psychiatrists would treat it.  This was only changed under pressure from the homosexual lobby. 

I might have explained it wrong. He hasn't changed really changed in any way since i know him, wich is from about 5 yo, and now he is declared gay. i cannot execly explain how he acts, but believe me, he has always been gay. And he has not been abused or something like that. Nor is he possesed by a demon. Nor is it his choice to be gay.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  66
  • Topic Count:  572
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,684
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  9

No you aren't born gay. That is like saying God made a mistake in that he made a he and should have made a she etc.....

God doesn't make mistakes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

My sister in law's husband turned out to be gay. She had questions while dating him because he had not made a pass at her. After several years of marriage he was exposed at work where he was found being unfaithful to both his wife and his boyfriend who was a business partner. She dumped him immediately and moved out of the area when it all came out. He was a nice guy who treated her well, as well as her college age daughter, and even appologized to his mother in law afterwards. He also had an ex wife and children. He was not overtly feminine. That is an act quite often.

I have worked with 6 guys who were gay. One also had an ex wife and kids. But he spent the summer prospecting with another guy who was gay who let it all slip. The first went to a GARBC baptist church and the other goes to a gay church. They were likable but a 3rd who kept a room in another city was a gay prostitute. I was able to witness to him once. He was amazed that our sons are close to me and that we respect each other so much.

A music leader at our evangelical church also had a family. It was well known at work that he was gay. I didn't believe it and laughed about it with his wife, and shortly later they were divorsed; he left town and move to a gay area. He did act a little effeminate, but even hubby did not suspect that one.

Having a wife and family is a convenient cover for some who don't want to "come out of the closet".

But all sex outside of a heterosexual marriage is sin, which is something that psychiatrists don't deal with. Our pastor has revealed that about a dozen gay people in our church have been converted, repented and delivered from deviency after being held accountable with much pastoral counseling. Several have hepititus C and one is dieing from it, and one has HIV. We knew his family and knew about his life style.

All of us in the body of Christ need each others prayer, support and compassion. All are sinners saved by God's grace and in need of the Great Physician.

Mt. 9:12-13 And when Jesus heard that He said to them: "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Seem like its among the smart one.

How many mentally challenge people do you know that are gay.

If they are gay they might have been forced into it.

just a thought