• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1982

Hey Beaujangles,

I'm very interested in this topic to, and would love to here some of the scholars takes as well. Thank you for taking the time to copy all of that, i enjoyed reading it. God Bless you Brother!

• Group:  Members

Thanks coheir and omega, your input on this thread is appreciated!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I always thought it was Paul because that is what I was taught. After reading these 2 verse i don't think Paul wrote it. Am i wrong?

"For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. (Galatians 1:12 ESV"

This is from the writer of Hebrews:

"how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard, while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. (Hebrews 2:3, 4 ESV)"

it was attested to us by those who heard.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Inchrist

Some Christian scholars of history consider the Book of Hebrews written by Apostle Paul through Luke's penmanship. Their reasoning was because of some of the Greek terms used point to Luke since he was doctor.

At some point Apostle Paul's eyesight must have failed him:

Gal 6:11

11    Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

(KJV)

That's how it could be that Paul was dictating to Luke in writing the Book of Hebrews.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I always thought it was Paul because that is what I was taught. After reading these 2 verse i don't think Paul wrote it. Am i wrong?

"For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. (Galatians 1:12 ESV"

"how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard, while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. (Hebrews 2:3, 4 ESV)"

Thanks,

Inchrist

Some Christian scholars of history consider the Book of Hebrews written by Apostle Paul through Luke's penmanship. Their reasoning was because of some of the Greek terms used point to Luke since he was doctor.

(KJV)

That's how it could be that Paul was dictating to Luke in writing the Book of Hebrews.

I can certainly see how this could be what happened.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks,

Inchrist

(KJV)

I tend to think that Paul wrote the book of Hebrews. Luke might have been the scribe, so I agree with the basic premise.

I am too much of a stickler for detail.

Paul would have had great expertise in Greek. Tarsus, where Paul grew up, was a major center of Greek learning, and a major center of Greek philosophy schools Paul illustrates a knowledge of Greek philosophy. So, Paul would not have needed anyone to enhance his knowledge of Greek.  

On the other hand, doctors in those days, were not the education level we think of today. In Roman culture, doctors were not high in social status either. Most Greek doctors would have been educated in Tarsus, the same area as Paul/Saul grew up. But there was no required formal education, no certification, etc. Anyone could simply call themselves a physician.  

So, I agree with the premise as highly possible, but not with the reasoning.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I always thought it was Luke.....  just seemed like his style to me but most people I know didn't agree.  I never thought that maybe he wrote it as a scribe for Paul.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Thanks to all for participating on this topic... It was good to have a comparative on the subject. God bless! David/BeauJangles

Thanks all!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My bible said it doesn't appear to be Paul because the writer refers to Timothy as a brother, not as his "Son" as Paul does in his letters.

"

Guest Bethany

I'm not sure who--but I've come to the conclusion that it was probably an apostle or a close associate of at least one apostle (kinda like Mark) because "early Christians originally accepted all the NT books to be inspired by God because they contained teaching from an official apostle."

--There's a lady response for ya Beau (David). haha

Edited by Bethany