• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Hebrews is a mystery and many speculated it was Paul , but it looks nothing like Paul’s letters

Paul always started with a greeting, this has no greeting.. it doesn’t follow the format Paul used if you are familiar with Paul’s letters you know he almost always started his letters with the phrase Grace and Peace to you

He always said who it was written to and it reads like a sermon and not the typical Paul letter, his had a certain style to them.

It says “ the saints from Italy greet you” so it was probably written in Rome , and mentions “ our brother Timothy” so it can’t be Timothy, and Paul refers to Timothy as a son 

and Paul always quoted from the Hebrews Septuagint, the book of Hebrews is quoted from the Greek Septuagint ( Apollo’s was a Jew but spoke fluent Greek)

there was a very charasmatic preacher that Paul set up named Apollos

he was so liked that Paul warned in 

1 Corinthians 1:12
Some of you are saying, “I am a follower of Paul.” Others are saying, “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Peter,” or “I follow only Christ.”

to follow Christ, and not the preacher or the messenger that it was Christ that died for us, because the people of Corinth were starting to worship the messenger, like some people do today with tv evangelists

Corinth is in Rome

hebrews is a mystery but I believe like some people that it was actually written by Apollos the preacher

One of those questions I can’t wait to ask God, because I love me some Paul, but this doesn’t fit his style at all

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 5/30/2014 at 8:43 PM, Guest Bethany said:

(kinda like Mark)

Mark was still young. He was the son of the Mary who owned the upper room where Jesus and the disciples stayed when they were in Jerusalem. Paul was mad at Mark because he went home early from a missionary trip. Mark made it up though when he brought Paul some books he was wanting. Also Luke was able to get them to reconcile their differences. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

Legacy op but I'll give my two cents: I think it was Barnabas. He was Jewish. He was a religious leader. It was he who took Paul to see the apostles' leadership. He knew his Tanakh and Torah as well as the rabbinical teachings, along with the Hellenistic influences. He also knew Christ crucified and resurrected enabling him to understand Tanakh from the cross. 

I would agree with one other possibility that the letter was a sermon that Paul gave and Luke penned it.....     But if I were betting I'd put my money on Barnabas.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I dunno, but Barny is as good a guess as any.