GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

7 Things the Holy Spirit Doesn’t Do? - Let's talk about #3 and 4... We can talk about the others in a seperate threads. Click for the discussion on the first two. This really made an impact on my wife and I so I figured I'd share with Worthy... Feedback?

7 Things the Holy Spirit Doesn’t Do?

By: Bas in Amsterdam

What do you think is the most important thing about you?

What you think about God is the foundation of your beliefs about life, family, identity, purpose, etc. Then your beliefs, in turn, set the course for how you live your life. In other words, your view of God affects every decision you make and every action you take.

In this post we’ll take a look at our view of the Holy Spirit. You’ll find it is often shaped by old covenant traditions rather than new covenant truths.

Seeing the Holy Spirit through the lens of grace without a mixture of law allows revelation of the Holy Spirit and His work to become clear.

Here is a list of 7 things the Holy Spirit most definitely does not do.

He does not:

{ Click for the discussion on the first two. }

3. Waits to see if you’ll drop the ball enough times to waste your eternal position  

When you were saved you were sealed with the Holy Spirit for the day of redemption (Eph. 4:30). The Holy Spirit personally guarantees your salvation and inheritance (Eph. 1:13-14, 2 Cor. 1:22).

Eternal security does not depend on you or what you do, but on Christ and what He has done.

It’s not about your faithfulness but His.

1 Cor. 1:8 says, “He will keep you strong to the end…” Jesus did the job that you couldn’t do, and He is faithful to keep you safe.

You didn’t save yourself, and you can’t keep yourself saved (Eph. 2:8). Your Christian walk is not about trying to maintain salvation but being maintained by Salvation.

Yes, we have the need to abide, overcome, obey, endure and persevere, but who will meet these needs? “My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19).

How many of your needs must you supply to stay qualified for the Kingdom? None of them!

What’s your part in this? Just receive what God has already provided in Christ from a place of restful trust.

4. Teach you to keep the Law

You need to realize that you can’t keep the law (Rom. 8:3-4). Only Jesus Christ can successfully keep the law and live the perfect life. He lives in you and wants to reveal His love – which is the fulfillment of the law – and perfect life through you.

God doesn’t want you to rely on your law keeping, but on His law keeping ability.

Watchman Nee said it like this, “God’s requirements have not altered, but we are not the ones to meet them. Praise God, He is the Lawgiver on the Throne, and He is the Lawkeeper in my heart. He who gave the Law, Himself keeps it.”

In other words, as you allow the Spirit of Christ to live His life through us, you’ll find yourself keeping the law effortlessly.

For more on this check out this article – “What’s The Role Of The Law In The New Covenant?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Amen!  However, the more we are filled with God's love, the more we keep the 10 commandments; and it is the Holy Spirit Who fills us and refines us.   He help us die to self and allow Christ to live in us.