• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/01/1992

I believe he had a plan, but he describes what he had created as 'good' therefore nothing would have needed to change because it was perfect. Am I correct in saying that? If so, then if we had kept reproducing, wouldn't we eventually have too many people living on the Earth? We would have either had to stop having children or the earth would have had to be made bigger. It just seems to me that nothing should have to change when his original plan was perfect..

I think I would have to disagree with that....     I truly believe that God intended for Adam and Eve to fail and have Lucifer/Satan responsible for them knowing good from evil...    When he made Adam and Eve they were not qualified to be any kind of judge.....   and since we are told by Paul that we are going to judge the angels, I would find it rather stretching for him to make us not capable of doing that....   just as I think it is beyond a stretch to think he just decided for us to to the judging as a secondary thought after we fell.

At the end of the sixth day, everything was set and it was actually well.    The trap for Satan had been set and he fell right into it...   and as they say the rest is history.

Why would he set a trap for Satan to fall into? What would his motive have been?

to show the whole of creation that he was a just God.....   he didn't make the jury for them so all of creation understands the justness of his actions......    That's probably why he didn't just squish Lucifer like a bug from the very start.    He is letting the dark side show everything what eternity would be like if he lets Satan exist freely.

Isn't a perfect world in which Lucifer is running around a bit of an oxymoron?

who said it was a perfect world?   I said it was what he had in mind at the time.    When he said all is good, he didn't necessarily say the world was perfect......   means it is what he wanted.  He made it good and Satan messed it up.....    he put it in motion again and Satan and the angels who married  Adams daughters messed it up again..   He wiped it out again and Satan messed it up again...    over and over he has given the world and then the Jews chance after chance and every time we tend as whole societies to drift to Satan in the form of one god or another.

It's like the whole 6000 years has been an object lesson as to what happens when this dark entity runs loose....   and he's pretty much been running loose since Adam fell.   Soon The Father will say enough is enough and he will send Jesus back and lock the old devil up for a thousand years.......   after that the world will go downhill again and he will dispose of him permanently......   along with all the trash that followed him.

We were perfect before the fall, so therefore why were we in such an imperfect world? To me it doesn't seem right that he would put us into a world with Lucifer. Did we deserve that or something?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I believe he had a plan, but he describes what he had created as 'good' therefore nothing would have needed to change because it was perfect. Am I correct in saying that? If so, then if we had kept reproducing, wouldn't we eventually have too many people living on the Earth? We would have either had to stop having children or the earth would have had to be made bigger. It just seems to me that nothing should have to change when his original plan was perfect..

I think I would have to disagree with that....     I truly believe that God intended for Adam and Eve to fail and have Lucifer/Satan responsible for them knowing good from evil...    When he made Adam and Eve they were not qualified to be any kind of judge.....   and since we are told by Paul that we are going to judge the angels, I would find it rather stretching for him to make us not capable of doing that....   just as I think it is beyond a stretch to think he just decided for us to to the judging as a secondary thought after we fell.

At the end of the sixth day, everything was set and it was actually well.    The trap for Satan had been set and he fell right into it...   and as they say the rest is history.

Why would he set a trap for Satan to fall into? What would his motive have been?

to show the whole of creation that he was a just God.....   he didn't make the jury for them so all of creation understands the justness of his actions......    That's probably why he didn't just squish Lucifer like a bug from the very start.    He is letting the dark side show everything what eternity would be like if he lets Satan exist freely.

Isn't a perfect world in which Lucifer is running around a bit of an oxymoron?

who said it was a perfect world?   I said it was what he had in mind at the time.    When he said all is good, he didn't necessarily say the world was perfect......   means it is what he wanted.  He made it good and Satan messed it up.....    he put it in motion again and Satan and the angels who married  Adams daughters messed it up again..   He wiped it out again and Satan messed it up again...    over and over he has given the world and then the Jews chance after chance and every time we tend as whole societies to drift to Satan in the form of one god or another.

It's like the whole 6000 years has been an object lesson as to what happens when this dark entity runs loose....   and he's pretty much been running loose since Adam fell.   Soon The Father will say enough is enough and he will send Jesus back and lock the old devil up for a thousand years.......   after that the world will go downhill again and he will dispose of him permanently......   along with all the trash that followed him.

We were perfect before the fall, so therefore why were we in such an imperfect world? To me it doesn't seem right that he would put us into a world with Lucifer. Did we deserve that or something?

Deserve it???........      we were put here for a purpose.   God's purpose, and it doesn't really need to be right in our eyes.   God needed something done and he made us to do it....   in a way that is overly fair to the devil.    Those of us who don't/won't follow the devil will be rewarded for our work as far as i can see for eternity....    seems pretty fair to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Sorry so late in welcoming you!

Welcome and God bless you :)

Guest shiloh357

That is not biblical.  There is nothing in Scripture to support the notion that God "intended" for Adam and Eve to fall.  Man had to fall in order to be  qualified to judge angels???  Where does that find any support in the Bible???   The fall of man was not a trap for Satan and the Bible says no such thing.   You really have  to go around the Bible to arrive at all of that stuff, 'cause you won't get it from the Bible, that is for sure.

The crisis of doctrinal purity in the Church  is soooo evident these days

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

When the world was perfect (before sin), there was obviously no death; so wouldn't the world have became too full eventually?

No, because there was more dry land than there is now.  The topography of the earth was completely different than it is now.  Much of what was dry land before Noah's flood is now under water. So there would be plenty of land for people to live on had man never sinned.

The Earth would still become full, it would just take longer in that case.

Maybe we would have discovered space travel and terraforming at that point, and we could start colonies on other planets. Last I checked, outer space is really, really big. ;)

God discouraged man reaching for the heavens after he became sinful (tower of Babel, etc), and he shortened our lifespan, forcing each generation to relearn things. But maybe if Sin hadn't entered the world, we would have spread out to the stars.

Just a thought. :)

That is not biblical.  There is nothing in Scripture to support the notion that God "intended" for Adam and Eve to fall.  Man had to fall in order to be  qualified to judge angels???  Where does that find any support in the Bible???   The fall of man was not a trap for Satan and the Bible says no such thing.   You really have  to go around the Bible to arrive at all of that stuff, 'cause you won't get it from the Bible, that is for sure.

The crisis of doctrinal purity in the Church  is soooo evident these days

I agree with Shiloh. (wait, whaaat? lol)

It doesn't make sense to me that God would intend for man to fail. I believe He saw the likely possibility of it and prepared a plan of salvation (aka Jesus), but I don't think He created us as pawns or automatons. We do have free will. Otherwise, we can't really love Him, right?

Guest shiloh357

When the world was perfect (before sin), there was obviously no death; so wouldn't the world have became too full eventually?

No, because there was more dry land than there is now.  The topography of the earth was completely different than it is now.  Much of what was dry land before Noah's flood is now under water. So there would be plenty of land for people to live on had man never sinned.

God is wiser and smarter than you give him credit for.  Look at the earth today,  We are no where near over-crowding that is with only 30% dry land.  Imagine when most of the earth wasn't covered by water.  There would be hundreds of times more land than what we have now.  Overcrowding isn't an issue.

Sorry so late in welcoming you!

Welcome and God bless you :)

Thank you! (:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

God is wiser and smarter than you give him credit for.  Look at the earth today,  We are no where near over-crowding that is with only 30% dry land.  Imagine when most of the earth wasn't covered by water.  There would be hundreds of times more land than what we have now.  Overcrowding isn't an issue.

He does have a point, though. If nobody died ever, the population would have grown much faster than it does now.  And the Earth may be really big, but eventually it would fill up, even if it was 100% land.

Of course it would have been an issue! If no one had died in the history of the Earth then it would have been full by now. Even if it wasn't, it would have became full eventually. That is a fact you can't deny when there is no death... If there is a limited value of space on the earth, shared by a constantly growing number of people (if there was no death it would have been an even faster growth) then eventually the number of people would have became so great that there would be no more space left. 

He does have a point, though. If nobody died ever, the population would have grown much faster than it does now.  And the Earth may be really big, but eventually it would fill up, even if it was 100% land.

Yes I thought I wasn't being completely crazy (: