• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

This says the 144,000 that came out of the great tribulation are first fruits to God.  How can they be when the apostle Paul says that they are the first fruits.  I always took that to mean the first ones coming to Christ after His resurection.

Guest shiloh357

This says the 144,000 that came out of the great tribulation are first fruits to God.  How can they be when the apostle Paul says that they are the first fruits.  I always took that to mean the first ones coming to Christ after His resurection.

No, this is the only place they are mentioned in Scripture.  They are the first fruits that come to God during the tribulation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Well, if you type in 'first fruits' in the search engine, it comes up alot thru scripture talking about giving, tho.  Too bad I don't have a verse as to what I am thinking.  Perhaps I am wrong, but I have a memory of him saying that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, Apostle Paul used that word "firstfruits" (Greek aparche) several times in his Epistles (see Rom.8; Rom.11; Rom.16; 1 Cor.15:20-23; 1 Cor.16; 2 Thess.2). Here's an example by Apostle James closest to how it's meant per The New Covenant:

James 1:17-18

17    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18    Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

(KJV)

It simply means God's election, those who remain faithful to Him and His Son, His overcomers called from the beginning.

In Rev.7 Christ revealed 2 groups, the first about the 144,000 elect of the seed of Israel, and then at Rev.7:9 forward the elect of the Gentiles which are said there to be "a great multitude", practically inumerable for so many. Rev.14:1-5 is about the firstfruits of Israel mentioned at the start of Rev.7, and Rev.15:2-3 is pointing to both Israel and Gentile believers who are victors through Christ. The song of Moses and song of The Lamb is what the overcomers will be singing on that day. See Deut.31:30 through Deut.32 for that song of Moses we will be singing.