• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

What is meant by this? 

Luk 12:49 KJV - I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
NASB

But

Psa 104:5 KJV - Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

And

Ecc 1:4 KJV - One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

:noidea:

Edited by mevosper

and this

Psa 148:1-6 KJV - Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
- Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
- Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
- Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
- Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.
- He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass.

Guest shiloh357

What is meant by this? 

Luk 12:49 KJV - I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

It's talking about judgment coming on the earth.

But

Psa 104:5 KJV - Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

And

Ecc 1:4 KJV - One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Rev 21:1-3

21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

NASB

What is meant by this? 

It's talking about judgment coming on the earth.

has it not already come?

Jhn 5:22 KJV - For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Jhn 5:27 KJV - And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Jhn 9:39 KJV - And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Jhn 12:31 KJV - Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Jhn 16:8 KJV - And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Jhn 16:11 KJV - Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

But

And

21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

NASB

a conundrum   :hmmm:  :confused:

But

And

NASB

a conundrum   :hmmm:  :confused:

Depends on how you look at it...   the earth itself will be here and the foundations will not be removed for ever.....   he's just going to burn it and set it up again without any sea....    somewhat like I heard it was before the flood.    but with a new Jerusalem....   going to be very nice and huge...

Depends on how you look at it... 

looking has nothing to do with it, seeing is what counts

Jhn 9:39 KJV - And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

the earth itself will be here and the foundations will not be removed for ever.....   he's just going to burn it and set it up again without any sea....    somewhat like I heard it was before the flood.    but with a new Jerusalem....   going to be very nice and huge...

maybe a coexistence

Isa 43:19 KJV - Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
1Jo 2:8 KJV - Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.