• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh357 - So is that a Yes or a No???

It was a Yes, with qualifications, as I believe God created a dynamic world not a static one...don't you?

I believe God created a dynamic world not a static one...don't you?

~

I Believe God IS The Dynamo That Powers The Cosmos

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:17

Don't You.....

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh357 - So is that a Yes or a No???

It was a Yes, with qualifications, as I believe God created a dynamic world not a static one...don't you?

So, yes, but you reserve the right to alter your position to include evolution at your convenience?  

What do you mean by "dynamic?" 

Shiloh357 - So, yes, but you reserve the right to alter your position to include evolution at your convenience?  What do you mean by "dynamic?" 

I’ve already included evolution as the God ordained process to which understanding from “beginning to end” is not possible. I might alter my position not based on convenience but rather on information requiring study and thought...as I did when I "altered" from YEC to OEC.

Years ago I was quite frequent in writing “letters to the editor” of our local paper. Some time after responding to a letter regarding the typical “Christianity being responsible for most deaths in human history” nonsense I received an invitation from a person for dinner, to discuss our various views of life. One of the questions he asked was whether I believed life to be dynamic or static. As he and his wife, a wonderful cook, were avowed Atheists I realized the question was significant to their Christian worldview. I don’t recall my exact response but along the lines of - dynamic in terms of a world filled with motion and change, wonder, awe, and discovery, birth and death, Psalm 19:2, diversity of life, and too on an individual level with highs and lows, joy and sorrow, adventure, music, art, people, and Ecclesiastes 3.  I do not believe Creation as static but always in motion.........

I do not believe Creation as static but always in motion.........

:thumbsup:

As For This Earth, Life Is Not Evolving Into More And Many Diverse Forms

cursed is the ground for thy sake; Genesis 3:17((f)

But Quite The Reverse, Creation Is Sickly And Dying Out

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. Romans 8:22

Species die. It has become a catastrophic fact of modern life. On our present course, by E.O. Wilson’s estimate, half of all plant and animal species could be extinct by 2100 — that is, within the lifetime of a child born today. Kenya stands to lose its lions within 20 years. India is finishing off its tigers. Deforestation everywhere means that thousands of species too small or obscure to be kept on life support in a zoo simply vanish each year. http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/lost-and-gone-forever/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

So Indeed The Atheist Missionary Seems Right

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul:

all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Death Appears To Be

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested,

that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

The Winner

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:

but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Matthew 24:21-22

But

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid;

and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain:

for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD,

as the waters cover the sea. Isaiah 11:6-9

God

The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.

It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.

Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.

Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.

Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:

And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Isaiah 35

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh357 - So, yes, but you reserve the right to alter your position to include evolution at your convenience?  What do you mean by "dynamic?" 

I’ve already included evolution as the God ordained process to which understanding from “beginning to end” is not possible. I might alter my position not based on convenience but rather on information requiring study and thought...as I did when I "altered" from YEC to OEC.

Years ago I was quite frequent in writing “letters to the editor” of our local paper. Some time after responding to a letter regarding the typical “Christianity being responsible for most deaths in human history” nonsense I received an invitation from a person for dinner, to discuss our various views of life. One of the questions he asked was whether I believed life to be dynamic or static. As he and his wife, a wonderful cook, were avowed Atheists I realized the question was significant to their Christian worldview. I don’t recall my exact response but along the lines of - dynamic in terms of a world filled with motion and change, wonder, awe, and discovery, birth and death, Psalm 19:2, diversity of life, and too on an individual level with highs and lows, joy and sorrow, adventure, music, art, people, and Ecclesiastes 3.  I do not believe Creation as static but always in motion.........

I don't know what it is, but you give the most vague meaningless answers to the simplest questions. 

....I’ve already included evolution as the God ordained process....

....I might alter my position not based on convenience but rather on information requiring study and thought....

....as I did when I "altered" from YEC to OEC....

....One of the questions he asked was whether I believed life to be dynamic or static....

....I do not believe Creation as static but always in motion.........

I don't know what it is, but you give the most vague meaningless answers to the simplest questions. 

~

Beloved, This Dear Man Clearly Said A Pagan (A Godless Atheist) Became His Teacher

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

When He Asked A Silly Question Which Causing Him To Continue To Dump

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

His God Given Birthright, God's Pure Revelation For Philosophy

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

For Men And Their god's Nonsense

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c )

As I Read It

Shiloh357 - I don't know what it is, but you give the most vague meaningless answers to the simplest questions.

Then again perhaps I'm not as arrogant as some who think they have all of the answers.  Interesting that these same people are incapable of responding other than to ask questions of which only answers within their narrow perspective will suffice. I have responded to your distortions of Genesis...you seem unable to respond in kind so a different tact is in order...interesting.

Fresno Joe - Beloved, This Dear Man Clearly Said A Pagan (A Godless Atheist) Became His Teacher

Blessings Fresno Joe, but I admit I have no idea what you are referring to? Who claimed or intimated that my friends somehow became my teachers?  We exchanged thoughts and ideas relative to my beliefs and their questions... that Shiloh, as a way to avoid the subject at hand, posed the question recalled this same question. That Shiloh finds my answers "meaningless" is laughable to me as I find his non-responses quite lacking in the narrowest of ways.

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh357 - I don't know what it is, but you give the most vague meaningless answers to the simplest questions.

Then again perhaps I'm not as arrogant as some who think they have all of the answers.  Interesting that these same people are incapable of responding other than to ask questions of which only answers within their narrow perspective will suffice. I have responded to your distortions of Genesis...you seem unable to respond in kind so a different tact is in order...interesting.

I have offered any "distortions" of Genesis.  You can't seem offer up simple answers to simple questions.  You give vague answers that pretty avoid answering the question  that was asked, or you redefine terms.   First you claim evolution is biblical and then later we discover that it is evolution as you define it and not as we define it.  Somehow the conventional mainstream definition of evolution is attributed to you as my "extreme" version of evolution.   You can't explain how man fits into the evolutionary scheme of things and frankly you avoid that topic altogether and always find some lame excuse why the thread is inappropriate for you to answer that question.