• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I do not see a divorce section here. Have I simply overlooked it? In any case, I am in a situation where divorce is inevidible.

I was married for nearly two decades and for the past two years, wife was determined to distroy it. And she did. Cheating is a deal breaker at some point. You may get past it the first time, but at some point you can no longer deal with it.

I never thought my marriage would end this way. I assumed that we would terrorize an old folk's home together. Now I feel the 'ol "darn if I do and darn of I dont." In some circles, I will be rejected for my divorce. If I remarry, I would be rejected in other circles.

What has been some of you divorceesed experiences? Please share.

I can say that has been the most painful experience of my life. We do need a section that deals with this sbject and offers support

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. 

Instead of fretting over what others think, spend the time with the Lord and see what He thinks. Get the support system in place of a pastor, brothers in Christ etc. Focus on the Lord to help you through this trial and seek His will in everything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We serve a BIG God, and you will have no judgement from me. I feel for you in ways you won't understand.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Praying

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Terrorizing an old folks home together is a neat way to express your future hopes.  I am sorry that it may not turn out that way for you.  At least not with your present spouse.  Don't let that dream die off.  The Lord has a solution for you. 

And as you may know but have not allowed it to come to the surface yet, wondering what others may rate your situation will soon fade if the divorce turns out to be a nasty one.  You may wish for the days like today.  GBU and I will pray for wisdom to be granted to you. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

KCO2,

I'm so sorry that you're facing this very painful circumstance in you're life!

Judge you?? NOT FOR A HOT MISSISSIPPI MINUTE!!!

KCO2 you are loved here brother!

As far as advice goes.....What Sheba alluded to is your best course of action....

You need to be still and let GOD LOVE YOU thru this very painful time in your life.

Any time you need to talk ,Please feel free to PM any member of the "Worthy Ministry Team"

GBU ALWAYS Brother!

~~~MISS~~~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

after being married for 44 years, I can't help but find this subject almost terrifying....

I can only imagine the hurt and loss.  The closest I've been to this experience was when we had done the MRI tests on my wife and discovered she had MS....   if it hadn't been MS, it would have been a tumor that would have killed her within three months.....

Facing that even 20 + years ago hasn't faded from my mind.

My prayers go out to you.....   I think only God himself can heal that kind of hurt so my prayers are for his help for you.  i do believe he's the only one who can fix it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I do not see a divorce section here. Have I simply overlooked it? In any case, I am in a situation where divorce is inevidible.

I was married for nearly two decades and for the past two years, wife was determined to distroy it. And she did. Cheating is a deal breaker at some point. You may get past it the first time, but at some point you can no longer deal with it.

I never thought my marriage would end this way. I assumed that we would terrorize an old folk's home together. Now I feel the 'ol "darn if I do and darn of I dont." In some circles, I will be rejected for my divorce. If I remarry, I would be rejected in other circles.

What has been some of you divorceesed experiences? Please share.

I can say that has been the most painful experience of my life. We do need a section that deals with this sbject and offers support

So sorry to hear this brother.

My sister went through a divorce last year. Reaching out to family and her church really helped her during the hard days. Also she began going to Celebrate Recovery for codependency, etc.

What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a ministry designed to help hurting people. It is made up of regular folks like you and me, who are on a journey toward wholeness; seeking recovery from and celebrating God's healing of life's hurts, habits and hang-ups. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can grow. They offer their stories as fellow travelers on the journey to healing.
At Celebrate Recovery we believe that change is possible by the power of Jesus through this Biblical program.

You can also see if your local church offers Divorce Care.

We're not here to judge you brother. Let us know how we can better pray for you.

Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Will pray for you and your family.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Thanks for the thoughtful replies and suggestions. They have meant a lot.