tigger398

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

This might sound simplistic but if it exists ask it.

A demon wont tell you the truth.

If you do it under the power of the name of Jesus, the demon has no choice but to tell you the truth....

You tell it that you are a Christian and Jesus is your Lord and demand he answer as at the white throne judgement and it dare not lie..

Edited to add......     but your whole life will change for it will put yourself  on the front lines of a spiritual war that one needs to be spiritually prepared to fight........     never ever throw the name of Christ around without cause.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

If you do it under the power of the name of Jesus, the demon has no choice but to tell you the truth....

You tell it that you are a Christian and Jesus is your Lord and demand he answer as at the white throne judgement and it dare not lie..

Edited to add......     but your whole life will change for it will put yourself  on the front lines of a spiritual war that one needs to be spiritually prepared to fight........     never ever throw the name of Christ around without cause.

There was a time I was being attacked, not a time I really speak about. Only 4 people maybe know the story. Something spiritually evil was after me. It was only by calling on His name that it left me alone. I dont want to be fighting those things. And since then Ive had a block against demonic things. It is not my battlefield.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Take the lesson of the seven sons of Sceva.

Acts 19:11-20

Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them. Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches.” Also there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.

And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?”

Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. This became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds. Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver. So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.

Confronting a demon is not something to take lightly.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Edited to add...... but your whole life will change for it will put yourself on the front lines of a spiritual war that one needs to be spiritually prepared to fight........ never ever throw the name of Christ around without cause.

Lol I was joking I didn't think anyone would take me seriously about attempting conversing with ghosts. The other thing is presuming a ghost does exist should we assume a ghost is evil or a demon because we don't understand it? It could be nice and harmless unlike demons like Casper the friendly ghost.

Edited by Chris.

Edited to add...... but your whole life will change for it will put yourself on the front lines of a spiritual war that one needs to be spiritually prepared to fight........ never ever throw the name of Christ around without cause.

Lol I was joking I didn't think anyone would take me seriously about attempting conversing with ghosts. The other thing is presuming a ghost does exist should we assume a ghost is evil or a demon because we don't understand it? It could be nice and harmless unlike demons like Casper the friendly ghost.

I don't know if you meant that question to me or just everyone, but if you read my posts I have already said that I didn't know what those things were...    My Bible tells me not to associate with the dead, I would assume that it's possible or it would not have told me not to.   Since it tells me that I should avoid idols and not eat things that I know have been sacrificed to them because they are demons, I would assume that it would tell me if ghosts were demons also.....   but who knows?   The witch of Endor talked to Samuel.    Some say that was a demon, but the Bible says, "Samuel said"   so I can only take it that it really was Samuel...

Personally I decided a long time ago at Tinker Air Force base that I didn't want anything whatsoever to do with those things no matter what they were...    I still don't understand why they were there.   And since I am now retired I'd have to really work at it to care.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if you meant that question to me or just everyone, but if you read my posts I have already said that I didn't know what those things were...    My Bible tells me not to associate with the dead, I would assume that it's possible or it would not have told me not to.   Since it tells me that I should avoid idols and not eat things that I know have been sacrificed to them because they are demons, I would assume that it would tell me if ghosts were demons also.....   but who knows?   The witch of Endor talked to Samuel.    Some say that was a demon, but the Bible says, "Samuel said"   so I can only take it that it really was Samuel...

Personally I decided a long time ago at Tinker Air Force base that I didn't want anything whatsoever to do with those things no matter what they were...    I still don't understand why they were there.   And since I am now retired I'd have to really work at it to care.

it's a good thing to not think too much about. God warns us to not seek to be involved with things like that.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I was a bit reluctant to post about this topic. I Usually don't mention too frequently about occult. However, as I was scanning through the thread, I did become concerned... I've shared with a few of you about my past involvement with occultism, before coming to Christ. I thank God that He rescued me from the demonic realm of bondage. Cinema and media has had a field day with this. Yes it sells, and many have bought into it. The New Age Movement, is simply the Age of Aquarius in brand new packaging. And it's seduction is very subtle, but there is nothing new about it. In my mid teen years during the latter 60s, I was drawn into eastern mysticism. It was very prevalent at that time... It still is. The occult is extremely deceptive. Literally millions have dabbled with one or more seemingly innocent practices that are occult oriented, but don't realize it. Satanism, black magic and the dark arts, are obviously evil. Those who practice these things, openly admit it. That had no appeal to me. Yet I fell for other curiosities, I thought were wisdom and deeper understanding. It was a dreadful mistake. And it could have led to an eternal mistake of damnation. But the power of the name of Jesus rescued me. Now I will be eternally grateful. The Word of God is very clear about witchcraft and sorcery... Both in the Old and New Testament. I almost learned the hard way, if you play with fire, you will get burned.

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

While we should not seek out spirits, the Bible tells us to be aware and to protect oursleves by putting on the armor of God.

We are told we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against spiritual beings we cannot see (most of the time)

Ephesians 6:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

I believe Christians ignore this fact at their own peril.  Anything I know I learned the hard way and because I had no choice.

We don't have to seek to be involved.  We are ALREADY involved.  The problem is the plethora of material available in extra-Biblical format, that puts the emphasis on the

devil and what he does rather than on God and the protection and wisdom and knowledge available in the Bible.

Personal experience and study has led me to believe that many Christians ignore the reality of the world unseen to the point of thinking it does not involve them or they attribute too much

power to the devil and blame anything that goes wrong on him.   

The devil has as much power as a person allows him to have.  God has already assured our deliverance from all things evil and we know the battle has been won.

But if you do not take your liberty in Christ, and take a stand as the passage from Ephesians tells us to, you will be like a leaf blowing in the wind in some cases or like

an oak in others that thinks it has it all figured out.  We will never have it all figured out in this life.

I don't think the scary stories are important...I certainly have quite a few I could tell.  The devil is a liar and I have no reason whatsoever to believe or think any entity that aligns with him is any different.

I don't think there is any formula that garanties you can make them tell the truth.  The devil knows the Bible.  You cannot and should not argue with him or his side.

There is only one authority he responds to and that is the authority of the beliver in Christ Jesus.  Not our personal authority, but our authority in Christ because of what HE has accomplished.

The devil has as much power as a person allows him to have.  God has already assured our deliverance from all things evil and we know the battle has been won.

from years of personal experience I would have to disagree with that.....    the devil has as much power as the Holy Spirit allows him to have and you have nothing whatsoever to do with limits of the power of Satan.  I think at times the Lord lets people deal with satanic forces on their own to learn this lesson themselves.  Christian or not, if you tell those forces to leave you alone under your own they will laugh in your face.....   and occasionally when special needs for something arises it seems that the Lord lets them play with you for a time just to build up your spiritual strength in some area that needs help.....     at no time are we in danger of loosing out to him, but it builds strength to do battle.

Occasionally one is put in the path of someone who is in real trouble with them and needs help.....   sometimes it's more than just talk and one needs to step in and get spiritually involved.....   and one needs to be built up to do that...   I've been severely whooped up on when I got a bit too big for my breeches if you know what I mean...

Long story short it is very very important for us to stay attached to the Holy Spirit, and as the end times kick in in a serious way it will become critical.

That's just my personal experience over the past 67 years....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

from years of personal experience I would have to disagree with that.....    the devil has as much power as the Holy Spirit allows him to have and you have nothing whatsoever to do with limits of the power of Satan.  I think at times the Lord lets people deal with satanic forces on their own to learn this lesson themselves.  Christian or not, if you tell those forces to leave you alone under your own they will laugh in your face.....   and occasionally when special needs for something arises it seems that the Lord lets them play with you for a time just to build up your spiritual strength in some area that needs help.....     at no time are we in danger of loosing out to him, but it builds strength to do battle.

Occasionally one is put in the path of someone who is in real trouble with them and needs help.....   sometimes it's more than just talk and one needs to step in and get spiritually involved.....   and one needs to be built up to do that...   I've been severely whooped up on when I got a bit too big for my breeches if you know what I mean...

Long story short it is very very important for us to stay attached to the Holy Spirit, and as the end times kick in in a serious way it will become critical.

That's just my personal experience over the past 67 years....

sorry  ~  I don't believe that at all.

The Holy Spirit reveals truth and the truth is that we are to put on the armor and we are to be aware of our adversary

I think I have a very different outlook on this topic than you do ~  as we have seen more than once.  

However, I never said deal with demons in our own power and why would you think I did?  I put NO stock in what any demon has to say.

I totally disagree that God allows demons to 'play' with His children.

I have been in real trouble and had to learn how to get out of it as no one could help me.  Those lessons have come in to play numerous times and I am still learning as lead by the

Holy Spirit.  I do NOT engage demons....I disagree with doing so.

You know, it seems to me, that what God actually does allow, is human curiosity which may lead one down a path that might seem right, but is not right.  Demons cannot alter our

standing before God in Christ, but they certainly play mind games (where all the battles begin and end) and derail the truth.

I am also not sure how one becomes detached from the Holy Spirit as we are SEALED with the Holy Spirit and He indwells us.

Each Christian should take seriously the admonition to put on the armor of God and pray against deception.  

Perhaps God allows a different kind of faith for different people as faith comes from God.  I have faith that God hears and answers and it is my experience that we do not always receive

the answer we think we need as we need to learn something else first.

Again, kindly do not imply that I think anyone has power over the devil in their own strength.  I have never intimated that in any way.

I will repeat my other statement though...the one you disagree with.  The work of Christ on the cross is COMPLETE.  We need to appropriate Christs victory by

obedience, submission to Him as Lord and align ourselves with Gods truth as found in scripture.  There are no magic words or special services.  Each Christian should

be able to deal with the demons...not every Christian will be engaged as I have been or others but if God has allowed a person to experience more than the average,

then it must be His will.

There are rules.  Caution is one of the best tools.  There are many people that need help and talk is not the answer at all unless you are gathering info.  

Thanks