• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

My font color is black when I start a post. I like that. Most times it stays black. Why does it change to blue if I quote someones post written in blue. It would better if they post in

blue and my font stayed black 

you can see this in "general-death row- 2nd page-post 27 but it is ok in post 28. I am puzzled when you have time give me your thoughts on this it may be something ive done wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It's just the way it is. It must copy like-for-like when quoting. Are you using the quote button or are you copy and pasting? I know that text sometimes proceeds in the format that came before it.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi, coheir! I go with standard black. (pretty obvious) I'm not real tech savvy when it comes to computers. (also obvious) What I can ascertain about the font and the color, it's similar to my e-mail options. I can choose whichever color I prefer, here also. The font is: Georgia and I go bold. (B) Both here and e-mail. I like it. I think it reminds me of KJV print. KJV also uses italics (I) for emphasis. I do that too, when I post. I prefer it to capping. Sometimes I'll use the underlining (U) for strong emphasis. I do all that both here in the forums and e-mail. I usually post Scripture in red, plain/default font. Black is also default color, I discovered. e-mail too. Why the color change when copy, cut and a paste? I have no idea! But yeah, I've noticed that as well. I do know my Georgian font is not quite as bold once posted. I wish I had an answer for ya, but surly someone must.

God bless you!

David/BeauJangles

Thank you both, It is not a big deal. It just caught my eye and thought I would ask about it. I to like Georgia 

font black is my choice. As for the cut/paste or quote; Im not sure which one I did I use both ways; depends if I am responding to whole post or just in part. I looked at my profile and did not see any where I can modify my font there for color or size or type.. so I thought that may be all done in programming and with some modification as one post to a subject. of course with me I could have looked straight at it and not seen it.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Thank you both, It is not a big deal. It just caught my eye and thought I would ask about it. I to like Georgia 

font black is my choice. As for the cut/paste or quote; Im not sure which one I did I use both ways; depends if I am responding to whole post or just in part. I looked at my profile and did not see any where I can modify my font there for color or size or type.. so I thought that may be all done in programming and with some modification as one post to a subject. of course with me I could have looked straight at it and not seen it.

If you continue to type the font will often default to the one that was used before, so if for example I continue writing immediately after something posted in 'Georgia font' then what I write will continue in 'Georgia'. The same applies to colour, font size and so on. It's annoying but it can also be useful to help maintain consistency.

You can always go back, highlight what you require and then change the font and the style as you wish. Anything that you type after that should carry on that style.

It's particularly irritating when copying and pasting news items as the post sometimes appears as it did in the article from which it was copied.

If you continue to type the font will often default to the one that was used before, so if for example I continue writing immediately after something posted in 'Georgia font' then what I write will continue in 'Georgia'. The same applies to colour, font size and so on. It's annoying but it can also be useful to help maintain consistency.

You can always go back, highlight what you require and then change the font and the style as you wish. Anything that you type after that should carry on that style.

It's particularly irritating when copying and pasting news items as the post sometimes appears as it did in the article from which it was copied.

thanks Oakwood, that makes sense. I will have to be watching when I post, I got the idea now for whats going on.The best to you my friend

KJV also uses italics (I) for emphasis.

David/BeauJangles

Just as a minor point of information: Italics in the KJV are there to let you know, that the translators added those words, they are not in the original manuscripts. They are adding words that they believe, help you to understand what is intended - it is there for clarification, not emphasis - some people believe that the italicized words should even be removed, since the are not words from the inspired writers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

sometimes there are not English words that can relate the full meaning of the Greek and Hebrew without adding those words...  also grammar things that would be very confusing...