GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

"Can I value what you have to say even if it isn't something I agree with or understand? If not, then I will begin a process of judgements and punishments that send messages of invalidation. Many of us don't realize that we create a world where everyone has to look and sound like us or we have no value for them. Before I know it I've surrounded myself with myself in order to get along with others." - Danny Lee Silk

What do you think?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

I would think about this using metaphorically a target and the bulls-eye on the target. What I value represents the bulls-eye on the target. The sayings and principles that I would respect in others that differ from my values represent all the area of the target itself, but I simply cannot agree with everyone; for example those who are strongly narcissistic and egotistical. Those who miss the target altogether are people who I could not respect, although I would decline to be overly judgmental toward them.

I would hate to be surrounded by clones of myself, where is the entertainment value in that? How could I ever learn anything in a conversation?

My favorite conversations here, are with people I disagree with, I just hope I have the class to disagree, agreeably, so as not to offend.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Variety is what makes life bearable.  Everyone being different, one has to value what they say, be it a negative value or a positive one.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is about 3 things ego, pride and God with regard to valuing others opinions.

Ego or self says "its all about me and my experiences". Pride says I am important and I am right and know better than you!

God says You owe me one, you were bought at a price, be humble and not too proud or self centred as all you did was accept a free gift I gave you and your no better than anyone else I created and love too.

Edited by Chris.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Words of wisdom are often rejected or ignored until one matures and sees those words of wisdom as pure gold and lives by those words. Not agreeing with something someone said doesnt mean it wont be of value

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Words of wisdom are often rejected or ignored until one matures and sees those words of wisdom as pure gold and lives by those words. Not agreeing with something someone said doesnt mean it wont be of value

Exactly right.everyone has the ability to teach you something.

Guest shiloh357

The Bible puts a very high premium on surrounding yourself with people who are live in godly wisdom.   I can't value the words of a fool. I can and should value the words of those live their lives to the glory of God.

Not every one has something valuable to offer you.  We are supposed to be discerning.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

The Bible puts a very high premium on surrounding yourself with people who are live in godly wisdom.   I can't value the words of a fool. I can and should value the words of those live their lives to the glory of God.

Not every one has something valuable to offer you.  We are supposed to be discerning.

Discerning yes, but to call an unsaved person a fool is not very loving. Jesus may have used the word fool but he had the authority to do so, we are no better than unsaved person in fact we should put ourselves lower than them and put God first them second and us last.

Think of this you dont know why your car wont start and you have tried over and over then an athiest walks by  who you say is a fool and tries to help. he sees what was wrong and teaches you how to fix it and how to make it not happen  again.

now would you not take what he teaches you to heart?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

You sure made me stop and think about my posts.  I hope I haven't been doing that.  But we don't attack each other here when we disagree.  We do try to reason together.  Sometimes we come to a better understanding of each other and sometimes we agree to disagree.  I think it is love that makes the difference.  I truly love and respect most people even when I disagree with them.