IGNORED

Can I value what you have to say...

GoldenEagle

"Jesus may have used the word fool but he had the authority to do so"

So Jesus calls a Atheist a fool, because he just helped someone with their car. 

:thumbsup:

Jesus Calls

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

And The Holy Spirit

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:

but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:21

Testifies

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

~

So What To Do Beloved

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

What To

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Do

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Some of you who are more of Bible scholars can correct me if I am wrong with this, but isn't it true that when Jesus used the term fool that he was speaking in general terms and that his remarks where not directed specifically at individual/persons. I am sure that that would make a difference.

"Can I value what you have to say even if it isn't something I agree with or understand? If not, then I will begin a process of judgements and punishments that send messages of invalidation. Many of us don't realize that we create a world where everyone has to look and sound like us or we have no value for them. Before I know it I've surrounded myself with myself in order to get along with others." - Danny Lee Silk

What do you think?

~

Who Am I

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

To Judge

And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Matthew 15:27

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

"Can I value what you have to say even if it isn't something I agree with or understand? If not, then I will begin a process of judgements and punishments that send messages of invalidation. Many of us don't realize that we create a world where everyone has to look and sound like us or we have no value for them. Before I know it I've surrounded myself with myself in order to get along with others." - Danny Lee Silk

What do you think?

~

Who Am I

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

To Judge

And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Matthew 15:27

Fresno you always have the perfect thing to say:]

Some of you who are more of Bible scholars can correct me if I am wrong with this, but isn't it true that when Jesus used the term fool that he was speaking in general terms and that his remarks where not directed specifically at individual/persons. I am sure that that would make a difference.

~

John

Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Luke 3:7

God

But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? Luke 12:20

Jesus

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. Luke 24:25-27

Paul

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 1 Corinthians 3:18-19

God With His Kids Are All Calling Out, Run Sinner, Run

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

To the recurring troll:

I am praying for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

He probably had a mental picture of me.

Guest shiloh357

The Bible puts a very high premium on surrounding yourself with people who are live in godly wisdom.   I can't value the words of a fool. I can and should value the words of those live their lives to the glory of God.

Not every one has something valuable to offer you.  We are supposed to be discerning.

Discerning yes, but to call an unsaved person a fool is not very loving. Jesus may have used the word fool but he had the authority to do so, we are no better than unsaved person in fact we should put ourselves lower than them and put God first them second and us last.

Think of this you dont know why your car wont start and you have tried over and over then an athiest walks by  who you say is a fool and tries to help. he sees what was wrong and teaches you how to fix it and how to make it not happen  again.

now would you not take what he teaches you to heart?

I am not calling unsaved people fools.

Guest shiloh357

I think it might be necessary to point out what a "fool" is the ancient near eastern culture in which the Bible was written.  In culture in which Jesus was ministering, a "fool" was a social pariah.

A "fool" was a person who lived in a manner that was detrimental to the community and which might bring down the judgment of God upon the community as a whole.  Everything was centered on one's family, one's clan or tribe and the community as a whole.  You derived your honor from being a person who obeyed the Lord and lived for the good of the community.

In the story of the Prodigal Son, Jesus gives us a very good example of how a person in the ancient near east would have defined a "fool."  The prodigal who wanted his share of the inheritance to spend on his own lusts and desires who basically, by his actions, said he wished his father was dead, and set out on his own to do his own thing is a perfect biblical picture of a "fool." 

The rugged American individualism that we take for granted in our culture would have been anathema in the days of Jesus' earthly ministry.   You don't live for yourself, but for the family and the tribe.  That was the mindset of that part of the world.

So when Jesus said not to call someone a fool, he was speaking in the context of slander.  To call someone a fool meant to accuse them of living a lifestyle that was contemptuous and would bring down the judgment of God.  To call someone a fool was to say they were threat and liability to the entire community and in many cases, such a person was cut off from the community in order to hopefully prevent the judgment of God. 

Jesus in Matt. 5:22 is referring to a false accusation.  To falsely refer to someone as a food, accusing them of living in rebellion is slander and slander was punishable in God's eyes upon pain of going to hell.  Pretty stout stuff.

To refer to someone today as a fool because they live foolishly isn't what Jesus was referring to.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

As the thread starter (OP or Original Poster) I'm going to close this one out for a bit. Partially due to the returning banned person and also I think the topic was discussed. Feel free to open a new thread about the other topic being discussed.

God bless,

GE