• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Has anyone ever asked you to pray for something that you know God will not approve of it. For example: I want to hook up with this guy, when the person knows that he is married, or pray for great weather for my wedding, when it is a homosexual wedding. How do we pray for those kinds of prayers. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Has anyone ever asked you to pray for something that you know God will not approve of it. For example: I want to hook up with this guy, when the person knows that he is married, or pray for great weather for my wedding, when it is a homosexual wedding. How do we pray for those kinds of prayers. 

Everyone at some point prays for things that is not right or against his will that is why long ago I prayed that i would only seek what he seeks desire what he desires and for his will to become my own. That way if i prayed for anything it would be holy spirit inspired and I didnt ssk this for just my prayer life but for my faith as well. god never forgets or denies prayers like that

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well much of the time I don't really trust my own judgement for what God might want for he does sometimes work in mysterious ways.....   however a long time ago I got used to prayer answers to be  "NO".

Much of the time when people ask for me to pray for them I will do so with tongues.....   that way it seems that the Spirit does the asking and at times I don't even understand what's being said....   I've never really understood why we need to pray for people for the Lord knows what people need, but it seems that we do need to......    so I do.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I just answered such a request.  I told them I would pray that God's will be done in their lives, and that He would mend their broken hearts or comfort them.  Inwardly I was also praying that God open their eyes, deliver them from the sinful relationship and save their souls.  So you can tell them you will pray for God's best for them, knowing that salvation is His best.  You can tell them that you will pray that God glorify Himself through it all and make His ways known.

I can't find the verse, but we know it is true: the way of the transgressor is hard.  I mourn for these people.  Most are like the wicked people of Nineveh who did not know their left hand from their right.  They may even think what they are doing is OK because they are "consenting adults".  But if in their hearts they know it is wrong, having been raised to know better, and they do it anyway, they shall certainly suffer.  

I have also prayed by the Holy Spirit praying with my spirit when I don't know how to pray.  

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Pray that His will is done and that the one asking for prayer be drawn closer to Him and grow in faith/come to salvation. Whatever the case may be.

:thumbsup:

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,

and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Praying~!

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that when faced with requests that we know are not godly we should still pray that Gods will be done on that situation. Most of us know that even when when we pray for things in right standing its not always what we asked for that we receive, but what the father knows is necessary for our good. We should pray always and without ceasing. with much supplication and heartfelt sincerity. That the will of God be first and foremost our main request and objective.