GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I wonder about prayers often. My vision of prayer sometimes is as if your putting a ticket in a bowl with million others prayer to be answered. A feeling sometimes a prayer will never be answered or not as important what other people are asking about. . I could ask God for something but doesn’t it make more sense to answer a prayer from a girl who is hungry? Sure. But then God remembers all those who call upon him.

Something else I also wonder. Do you suppose that when we pray, does God allow demons to go against our prayers? If we want things to go right will these demons attack our efforts even which that we prayed to God to help us? Do you feel when we are failing in things that demons are much behind the cause of making things go wrong so we will just give up? And then we will say, well I guess God does not answer prayers. I guess I am on my own.

Does then God want us to pray over and over again until God steps in to answer the prayer and to rebuke the demons to stay back from this answered prayer?. . Basically when we pray is there a spiritual battle taking place at the dime to defeat the purpose of what we ask Go?. . I just wonder sometimes because when you pray sometimes things just get worse than better. But in other cases things turned out ok. . it seems there is some kind of battle of testing. What do you think?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Thats funny because just last night I thought the same things. If I ask for something there are certain things that never get answered like to see him again or to be healed or even just simple things like to have help overcoming things I cant on my own. I ask ever night but I have this sense of knowing he wont answer but I refuse to believe it so I fill myself with hope and yet its the same answer every night. It gets to the point where I pray but I feel fear of the same thing happening. I cant do things most Christians can do because the answer is always the same.

its almost like I can hear the enemy laughing at me and mocking me because no matter how many times I ask refusing to give up hope God never answers. Last night I had it I told God Im done playing these games I said If I am not supposed to recieve these things then I want him to take the desire to ask for them away, of course he didnt I still want them.I told him prayer isnt supposed to be like this there shouldnt be fear of the same thing happening over and over. Something tells me i cant have these things but scripture says I can and yet I cant.

I dont ask for a miracle I just need to be able to ask anything from him without fear.So many Christians tell me I shouldnt be having these issues. Do you know the power of prayer? Because I dont I have had ppl pray for me I have Prayed exhaustively but nothing. I keep going though, Everynight I ask every night I have hope every night I refuse to believe the enemy but when is enough enough?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Fight the good fight brothers ! :)

1Th 5:15  See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1Th 5:16  Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17  Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Th 5:19  Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20  Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24  Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

God Bless,

Hip

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Reminded of the story of job... how he was perfect in Gods sight yet God allowed him to be tempted by Satan..and I don't know if I honestly can say that if it were me.I would pass that test. Everything he owed gone family friends livestock health.its a ruff battle out here in the world.knowing your not truly part of it. Yet job kept on praying kept on praising and kept on proving to everyone especially the enemy, that he was worthy in the eyes of God.

I have had the enemy use my prayers against me,trying to break my faith. But I know that sometimes..most times..its not what we want that we get.its what we need.and sometimes still we have to wait. God knows what we needs and he has this way of working that always seems to be at the last min.when we think we can't take it no more.but just kept waiting and trusting our Lord..and.. BAM! The blessings just over flow and our needs are met.

Its normal for me to feel a little upset when a request is thwarted or on wait. But I still just keep praying and trusting that his timming is best.and that if it be his will.it will happen. I believe strongly in the power of prayer. For it is written that we should pray continualy,with supplications and in good times and bad. And if I'm correct?? Jesus used prayer in everything. To feed the 5,000. To heal the sick,to cast out demons and even to raise lazzurus from the grave. It was all in prayers and complete trust in God,and his will.

We are to pray for one another in agreance.. for where two or more are gathered in agreement it shall be done. If you need someone to pray with I'll be a prayer partner with you. May the Father bless and keep you always.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We are told by Daniel that the answer to his prayer was held up by a spiritual battle between angels. And it is true that the enemy tempts us to doubt God's word. He is the deceiver of the brethern and the father of lies.

God does allow our faith to be tried, refined and strengthened. We do stand on God's promises and cling to Him in us to overcome. Greater is He that is within us than he that is in the world. It is important to keep reading God's word. But if you need encouragement, I recommend a devotional, Streams in the Desert. It was written by a survivor of a Japanese prison camp during WWII.

Hang in there.

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I think that pressing on in prayer through discouragement, through things when they seem to go the opposite way of what you hope and all the distractions of our daily lives,

to be one of the hardest, if not the hardest, things we as Christians believe.

I say believe, because faith is what spurns on prayer I think.  Sometimes I 'feel' like God is listening and considering my words and petitions...nonetheless, we are to pray

always and with thanksgiving.  The rest, is up to God!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The most difficult prayers I pray are for godly political leadership, and the more I pray the more ungodly the the person seems to be that gets ellected. So I pray for their salvation and they become more anti christian... It dose become discouraging. Then I pray come quickly, Lord Jesus, knowing these things must occur before He come.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I can say with all confidence and yet sadness I know the feeling, you all are speaking of.   God has deal with me on my need to be quiet and just wait upon Him and His timing, something that just goes against my human nature. To me the most dreaded phrase is wait upon the Lord, Psalms 46:10, IMO our human nature is so against this Biblical Truth, it causes us pain.

When the children of Israel had gotten to the promise land led by Joshua, and crossed the Jordan, they did not go immediately to destroy Jericho, but first renew their vows of circumcision, than in the middle of this awful pain the males where feeling, Celebrated the Passover, probably for just the Second or Third time after coming out of Egypt.   God was getting their attention on Himself, yet after this Joshua meet Jesus, and was giving a command that even after all this waiting, they still had 6 days of marching around Jericho with trumpets blowing yet no mouth speaking once each day, and than on the seventh day they were to march 7 times around the city, and than Shout, but this meant that 7 days where added to the waiting process, and 13 trips around the city of Jericho.  But with their obedient and God strength those walls came tumbling down.  God promises are always true, just trust Him to bring it to pass, especially if He has given you the desire.

As Williamina stated, Daniel is told by an Angel that his pray was heard immediately, but the angel said the prince of Persia, withstood him for 21 days until Michael came to help him.  In Ephesians 6:10-18 we are told of the armor of the Lord, in verse 12 we are told we wrestle against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, spiritual wickedness in high places.  So we see that the Christian Walk is a warfare against the devil, and his henchdemons, so that they will do everything to resist God will's.  But the Holy Spirit is given us to help us overcome, I John 4:4.  Paul tells us, Praying always, with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.
Ephesians 6:18  When we are doing all we can to stand in the Lord, without kneeling before our God in prayer, it makes a easy target for satan to trip us up, but how can the enemy trip us, when we are humbly kneeling before our God in prayer.

In Luke 18:1-8 Jesus made a promise that God will hear His elect, but in this  the last verse makes a sad statement:  I tell you that He will avenge them speedily, Nevertheless when the Son of Man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?  Luke 18:8  Many things we request of God, He is all to willing to answer, it is just not in our time, but in God's time.

We have fast food because people don't like to wait, but most if not all of this food makes for bad health.  With God there is no such thing as fast food for all He gives to us is healthy, but this also requires what are human natures hates and despises the most Waiting.

30)  Even the youth shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31)  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31

By waiting our spirit goes thru tribulation, which worketh patience, which gives us experience, giving us hope, and this help to shed the love of God in us, Romans 5:3-5.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thats funny because just last night I thought the same things. If I ask for something there are certain things that never get answered like to see him again or to be healed or even just simple things like to have help overcoming things I cant on my own. I ask ever night but I have this sense of knowing he wont answer but I refuse to believe it so I fill myself with hope and yet its the same answer every night. It gets to the point where I pray but I feel fear of the same thing happening. I cant do things most Christians can do because the answer is always the same.

its almost like I can hear the enemy laughing at me and mocking me because no matter how many times I ask refusing to give up hope God never answers. Last night I had it I told God Im done playing these games I said If I am not supposed to recieve these things then I want him to take the desire to ask for them away, of course he didnt I still want them.I told him prayer isnt supposed to be like this there shouldnt be fear of the same thing happening over and over. Something tells me i cant have these things but scripture says I can and yet I cant.

I dont ask for a miracle I just need to be able to ask anything from him without fear.So many Christians tell me I shouldnt be having these issues. Do you know the power of prayer? Because I dont I have had ppl pray for me I have Prayed exhaustively but nothing. I keep going though, Everynight I ask every night I have hope every night I refuse to believe the enemy but when is enough enough?

Sounds like me... Why would God allow that? I don't even know why he allows the demons to get to us :/ Edited by Joy and love

Guest Geoff Primanti

I wonder about prayers often. My vision of prayer sometimes is as if your putting a ticket in a bowl with million others prayer to be answered. A feeling sometimes a prayer will never be answered or not as important what other people are asking about. . I could ask God for something but doesn’t it make more sense to answer a prayer from a girl who is hungry? Sure. But then God remembers all those who call upon him.

Something else I also wonder. Do you suppose that when we pray, does God allow demons to go against our prayers? If we want things to go right will these demons attack our efforts even which that we prayed to God to help us? Do you feel when we are failing in things that demons are much behind the cause of making things go wrong so we will just give up? And then we will say, well I guess God does not answer prayers. I guess I am on my own.

Does then God want us to pray over and over again until God steps in to answer the prayer and to rebuke the demons to stay back from this answered prayer?. . Basically when we pray is there a spiritual battle taking place at the dime to defeat the purpose of what we ask Go?. . I just wonder sometimes because when you pray sometimes things just get worse than better. But in other cases things turned out ok. . it seems there is some kind of battle of testing. What do you think?

One prayer that God does not answer would be if you ask Him to force someone to do His will.  All you can ask of Him is that He exerts the greatest possible influence through such things as conviction of the Holy Spirit; however the decision that is made by the person is ultimately up to them.  (this is my experience even in the face of the common interpretation of Proverbs 21:1.)