IGNORED

Do I stay involved with Christian forums?

Chris.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am at a crossroads wondering if I should totally avoid christian forums altogether.  I live in a really happy go lucky tolerant accepting christian environment and all around me things are peaceful and happy.  I am really open minded towards other belief systems and have  a really tolerant views Christianity has its flaws to and I am more than happy to mention its shortcomings as well as it's strengths and I think that upsets other people sometimes. 

A few years back the only christians I interacted with were local ones and they are loving and kind to non Christians and very non judgemental.  Viewing for the first time the gay or other belief hate threads was a disappointing shock to me and seeing some of the intolerance and condemnation of other ideologies by the minority is beginning to drive me from God as it's not what originally attracted me to the christian believers that were responsible for me becoming a Christian and I don't want to be influenced to become like that myself.  I often wonder if there is something wrong with me because I don't hate gays. 

I joined a couple of forums and saw much the same at both before this one (which is better)  I just want to go back to a mental picture of Christians as kind loving gentle people with open arms for the unsaved. I am really thinking avoiding altogether forums, can you guys pray for me that I can find the answer.

thats not meant to offend anyone so please don't be guys it's just something I am struggling with. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Whether you stay or leave is something maybe you should talk to the Lord about. But I do have a question for you to consider. Is Christianity about being tolerant and accepting of sinfulness or about being comfortable? Or is it about living a life pleasing to Him and following His ways? You dont have to answer here. Follow the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Leaving aside the matter of sexual orientation. I believe that it is better for Christians to critique Christianity than for the atheists, reductionists, and secularists to do so. It has been said many times before that it is better to hate the sin, but not the sinner. The way to life is straight and narrow and is difficult to find.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

I agree with Sheba, that before making any choice....to take the time to get still and pray. Bring it to the Lord. Forums are "to me" a sample ...globally of people. This one in particular being a group of Christians, and Non-Christians from all over the Earth. With that in mind....picture if you will...some walls and a door on Worthy...some windows down the sides maybe.....and the seats full of people. Now....give those people a voice, via the keyboard and mouse.....soon you start to see those of encouragement, those of strong faith....those that struggle, are lost.....some even planting their feet on the ground and not believing at all....even trying to discourage others belief. Then you look over and see those full of love....full of joy....and some...angry, a little bitter maybe....or possibly some that have a stronger opinion and voice than they do understanding. It's a cross section if you will of a church...sans 1 preacher and the piano....and a mother trying to quiet a crying child...*can't hear em hear but I know we have them* ;) ....anyway, but this church if you wish to call it that...only has one way, for those who attend, to voice how they feel....what they think to be true, what they hope to be true.....right or wrong, it's not a great deal different in some regards....as getting to know those around you. I don't think it does any Christian good to constantly surround themselves with people that 100% agree with them, or 100% are totally complacent in where they are in their walk with Christ. We sharpen our iron with iron....thru prayer, and staying in God's word....we will not be mislead..or astray......in fact we will meet challenges, trials, those that persecute us, hate us, and put our faith to the very test....and thru that...we will come out stronger, with more faith. If you find that maybe the chat room and forums here...and on other sites are not for you...that's totally OK....we all have different needs and gifts from the Lord to use to serve him. All I ask of you is to keep the faith....to stay strong, and accept the challenges in life head on with Christ as your Savior.

God Bless,

Hip

I am not chris. But the way I deal with homosexuals is I am nice to them. I treat them no differently than someone else. Except for one thing. Once I see the conversation or whatever interaction we have not going in the way of them becoming converted then I avoid them and end dialouge and go my way. I simply dont have fellowship with them. But I do NOT be rude or mean or condesending so that later on they would reject dialoge with me so that they cant come to know Him. I do not tell them they are wrong. The Holy Spirit has never pointed a finger atme and said you sinner you are wrong... so I dont do it either. I have actually gotten a word of knowledge one night in a home group and it was communion. The word was someone isnt wright with God. That night I saw this man cry tears and ask Gods forgivness. Months later I saw this man had become a decon in a church I used to attend when I had revisited. What I try to keep in mind is that in Gods eyes a gay man wanting for another man is still lust the same as in the past I, am straight man, wanting or lusting for a woman. I am no better. There is only two kinds of people on earth. Sinners and saved sinners.

You would be a reason I would stay. You sound the sort of person my friends and Christian associates are and most of the Christians I know are. :)

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It should always be about the profound love God is creating in us. In practice, there are so many different situations which require action. Jesus though He was loving, especially for the social outcast, was also stern as for what He knew was the Truth.

I know many Christians' straightforward manner about homosexuality, or sexual issues in general, has to do with the understanding how the world is headed nowadays. It's as much as politic as theological matter today. I could say. It might be useful to perceive these two dimensions about the issue.

Because, whilst we should not forget about how God loves His children, if we don't stand up for what is healthy development in this world, who will? Today, in the atmosphere of extreme acceptance and liberty, anything goes. There are places in Europe where it is legal to practice sodomy as instance. Just to get a view where we are standing today.

Chris, I really hope you will choose to stay. Try to respect people's views even they confront yours. It's very fruitful to get some understanding how Christianity as a global body of Christ functions. 

Personally, coming from an extremely alternative path, I pondered upon the question of homosexuality for years. But one day, totally unexpectedly, God showed up in spirit, and revealed to me personally homosexuality did not belong to the Creation plan from the beginning.

How to deal with people who find themselves homosexuals? I guess you really need to pray for God to reveal that, for each situation. What I mostly try to do, is discern what God is currently up to in the person's life, and build on that accordingly to how He instructs me.

Hopefully you can find peace with your brothers and sisters in Christ. We are all under construction work by God, but in spirit we are as one. Sometimes it's a path that needs to be walked for a mile or two to accept due to our differences. I came from extremely liberal point of view, in a sense, and it took years of soaking in God's Word to realize there's an actual solid ground and frames how to live.

I guess a good motto would be, take as many of them with you as you can. How do you get people to join you and share the same destination? It's a combination of shining God's grace, peace, and joy, whilst being steady and determined to go forward.

I have learned a lot about people and lots of useful information talking to other Christians online and since most of my giftings gravitate towards one in one evangelism or talking to people about Jesus face to face maybe he is encouraging me out of this. Sometimes when you follow those hunches something cool happens

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Chris, I regularly speak one on one and to a multitude of people in the streets. Many of them homosexuals over the years. While I cannot embrace their sinful lifestyle, I do love them in Christ and tell them of our Savior Jesus Christ who can forgive them. :)

Their alternative, along with all who should die without Christ is an eternity in Hell. :(

Most of the time, homosexuals, and other sinners in general will thank me for telling them.

At the same time, there are a few who would call me a “hater” when in fact I am a lover of God, and love them as my neighbor enough to prayerfully tell them the Truth.

For the few that would call me a hater, if I took a picture of their contorted angry face, and recorded their tone of voice, it's would be obvious who was the real “hater.”

We currently have a President who embraces the homosexuals sin, and has dedicated the month of June towards their sinful cause. Tragic, yet we continue to pray for him and others in authority.

Recently, I had to go to the bathroom in a busy mall. Upon entering, I met a sinful woman feeling like a man for the day, standing in the middle of the mens restroom watching other men come and go with a devious smile. This is but a small part of where embracing this sinful lifestyle is allowing people to “go.”

It is not an alternative lifestyle, it is a sinful lifestyle, one that along with their other sins Christ can forgive, and deliver them from.

"If sinners be dammed, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." -Spurgeon

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Chris, read this thread and I'm sure you will agree that this is the best way for Christians to treat homosexuals.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Do not judge Jesus the Christ, the Son of the living God, on whom Christianity was founded by the very human people who are called Christian. We are flawed people saved by the grace of God and yes we continue to sin but ask for God's forgiveness daily. Because we come from varying backgrounds and experiences we see the same thing differently but at all times strive to be more like Jesus - though we miserably fail, we keep on trying to be worthy of His name.