IGNORED

are we fulfilling scriptures without knowing?

johz77

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Luk 22:25  And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 
today we have pastors, bishops, general overseers, exercising lordship over us. they direct authority in our marriages, relationships, finances,  walk with God. they give us rules and regulations to follow and many times it conflict with what we think is the will of God for us. is this prophesy coming to pass now? LORDS!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Whether we are fulfilling scriptures or not, without actually knowing it, I'm not sure. But there are many non-believers who are fulfilling scripture!

is the scripture being fulfilled?

Luk 22:25  And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 
Luk 22:26  But ye shall not be so: 
Edited by johz77

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I believe that this is ongoing. It is always being fulfilled one way or another by somebody. But are we actually doing it ourselves? I guess we need to ask ourselves that. Is this scripture not simply asking us to humble ourselves? I don't think it is an unfulfilled prophecy. I believe it was true then as it is today. We have always had overseers and pastors exercising lordship over us and sometimes they are wrong and they conflict with scripture.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Birthday:  12/19/1990

Not all pastors and bishops are mostly right sometimes...but I believe according to the scripture it is a lay down principle,we must still accept them."Even thou they are wrong".why? Because we are not God,we are still subjected to the flesh,so the flesh may move us sometimes and "make a wrong decision" but Gods grace is always sufficient for them.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Birthday:  12/19/1990

Not all pastors and bishops are mostly right sometimes...but I believe according to the scripture it is a lay down principle,we must still accept them."Even thou they are wrong".why? Because we are not God,we are still subjected to the flesh,so the flesh may move us sometimes and "make a wrong decision" but Gods grace is always sufficient for Us

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

I'm really not sure that was a prophecy per say, Christ was talking about His time on earth than

Not all pastors and bishops are mostly right sometimes...but I believe according to the scripture it is a lay down principle,we must still accept them."Even thou they are wrong".why? Because we are not God,we are still subjected to the flesh,so the flesh may move us sometimes and "make a wrong decision" but Gods grace is always sufficient for them.

listen friend, God's grace is sufficient for all and not some special few. we have received the spirit of the Father. so we are all sons. there is no other position in the new testament that is higher than that of a son

Not all pastors and bishops are mostly right sometimes...but I believe according to the scripture it is a lay down principle,we must still accept them."Even thou they are wrong".why? Because we are not God,we are still subjected to the flesh,so the flesh may move us sometimes and "make a wrong decision" but Gods grace is always sufficient for Us

as a child of God, if you are still under or subject to the flesh, then you are not yet a son but a servant. Jesus said the servant does not know the business of the master, but the son know the business of the Father. you have to know your identity as a son

Guest shiloh357

is the scripture being fulfilled?

Luk 22:26  But ye shall not be so: 

Jesus is talking about having an attitude of humility.  He is not addressing the authority structure of the Church.  God has an authority structure in the Body of Christ that He ordained.   Now I realize that there are some false shepherds who abuse their authority, but by in large we need people who are leaders and we need them to lead.