IGNORED

are we fulfilling scriptures without knowing?

johz77

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i was in a church sometime and in that church the word of the pastor or overseer is the final authority. but i know from the bible that the scripture is the final authority. when we as children of God begin to live in the scripture and put the flesh away, we will find out that at all times we will always speak the mind of God

is the scripture being fulfilled?

Luk 22:25  And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 
Luk 22:26  But ye shall not be so: 

Jesus is talking about having an attitude of humility.  He is not addressing the authority structure of the Church.  God has an authority structure in the Body of Christ that He ordained.   Now I realize that there are some false shepherds who abuse their authority, but by in large we need people who are leaders and we need them to lead.

yes Jesus was talking about having an attitude of humility. but the people He was addressing was not the Sanhedrin, no, but was His disciples, because they were having a strife among themselves, who should be counted as the greatest. luke 22:24. the scribes are different. except you want to tell me that we are still under an old covenant, like the scribes?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Birthday:  12/19/1990

Yea.I understand you...that's a point.

Guest shiloh357

is the scripture being fulfilled?

Luk 22:25  And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 
Luk 22:26  But ye shall not be so: 

Jesus is talking about having an attitude of humility.  He is not addressing the authority structure of the Church.  God has an authority structure in the Body of Christ that He ordained.   Now I realize that there are some false shepherds who abuse their authority, but by in large we need people who are leaders and we need them to lead.

yes Jesus was talking about having an attitude of humility. but the people He was addressing was not the Sanhedrin, no, but was His disciples, because they were having a strife among themselves, who should be counted as the greatest. luke 22:24. the scribes are different. except you want to tell me that we are still under an old covenant, like the scribes?

No, God has according to Ephesians 4, given ministerial gifts (apostle, prophet pastor, teacher and evangelist) to the church.  A pastor is a shepherd an overseer over God's flock.    That is the reality of things.   There has to be a leadership  structure and accountability in the Body of Christ.  That isn't Old Testament.  That is New Testament truth.

The problem we have here in most of the churches is that, they exercise authority over their flock. God never gave a believer authority over another. God has given the believers authority over the schemes of the devil, not believer against believer. There has to be order in a church. That is why their are pastors and administrators and what is their work? It is to serve. You take from God and you give the people. But you see these days men lording over men in the churches because an office has been given. Jesus said," this ought not be so". Let's not let our office blind us to what we have been called to do. You don't use a whip for the flock of Christ. I have seen pastors using whips and even at times going as far as taking brethern to court. Paul said" should it not be better that we suffer for doing good?" I know not in every church. But every scripture is profitable for doctrine and instruction, but what do we use for doctrines these days? Man made traditions, administrative rules and regulations, thereby enslaving the flock of Christ into bondage. I know a church, a lady cannot wear trousers to church. Is that a doctrine of Christ or of man?

Guest shiloh357
The problem we have here in most of the churches is that, they exercise authority over their flock. God never gave a believer authority over another.

He gave overseers authority over the congregation, not over the lives of individuals in the congregation.  He also made them servants as well.  What God calls for are servant leaders who lead by example.  You have to have some authority structure otherwise how would a congregation conduct church discipline as Jesus instructed in Matt. 18?

Some church leaders do abuse their authority, granted.   But there has to be an authority structure otherwise order isn't possible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The problem we have here in most of the churches is that, they exercise authority over their flock. God never gave a believer authority over another. God has given the believers authority over the schemes of the devil, not believer against believer. There has to be order in a church. That is why their are pastors and administrators and what is their work? It is to serve. You take from God and you give the people. But you see these days men lording over men in the churches because an office has been given. Jesus said," this ought not be so". Let's not let our office blind us to what we have been called to do. You don't use a whip for the flock of Christ. I have seen pastors using whips and even at times going as far as taking brethern to court. Paul said" should it not be better that we suffer for doing good?" I know not in every church. But every scripture is profitable for doctrine and instruction, but what do we use for doctrines these days? Man made traditions, administrative rules and regulations, thereby enslaving the flock of Christ into bondage. I know a church, a lady cannot wear trousers to church. Is that a doctrine of Christ or of man?

Find another church brother. Your explanation in no way shape or form includes my church and how we fellowship.

You take from God

You don't take from God. He gives as is His will.

:thumbsup:

Joy Or Trouble

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:23

Or Who's Your Papa

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. Matthew 23:8-11