• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1990

"Therefore be holy,for I am holy"leviticus 11 vs 44),we can also find this word "holy" in the new testament."1peter 1 vs 16).And my question is this What is holliness,how can we be holy before God?,what are the pratical steps of holliness..please back every of your word with sciptures.thanks

Your comments plz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Accoding to webster's dictionary the word holy means 1) connected to a god or a religion 2) religious and morally good.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they recieved the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

1 peter the scripture you provided pretty much sums it up how to be holy in God's eyes:

13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.

By putting your faith and hope in Jesus you are made righteous, blameless before God. (phillippians 3-9  and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ,the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith)

14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”[a]

Our works don't make us righteous, were sinful by nature but we ought to live in OBEDIENCE.  By what we practice and our thoughts allowing Jesus to work through us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Scriptures on the Holy Life

Ephesians 1:4
4  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,

that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1 Peter 1:15-16
15  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Hebrews 12:14
14  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Romans 6:22
22  But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
13  To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1 Thessalonians 4:7
7  For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Ephesians 5:27
27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

1 Timothy 6:14
14  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:14
14  Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

2 Corinthians 11:2
2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Colossians 1:22
22  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and

unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 5:8
8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

2 Timothy 2:22
22  Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Titus 2:14
14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity,

and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 John 3:2-3
2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3  And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure

James 4:8
8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners;

and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

2 Corinthians 7:1
1  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:25-26
25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

1 John 1:9
9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,

and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Righteousness is what you are to do.

Holy is what we are  to be.

In this life.

Thanks for your comment..I believe there are different kinds of holliness in the Scripture.please can anyone tell me the Greatest kind of Holliness that God requires from Us? Pls back it up with scriptures.

....I believe there are different kinds of Holiness in the Scripture. please can anyone tell me the Greatest kind of Holiness that God requires from Us? Pls back it up with scriptures.

~

Holy

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Holy

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another. John 15:16-17

Holy Is The LORD God Almighty

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. Isaiah 6:3

Thanks @ joe.

Guest shiloh357

There are two aspects to holiness, first of all.  There positional and practical holiness.   Positional holiness means that we as believers are set apart eternally as members of God's family and this happens the minute we are saved.  

It is impossible live in daily or practical holiness without first having been made positionally holy.   Only after a person is born again will God accept his efforts of daily holiness. Outside of Christ there is no true holiness. Only by His blood can a person be cleansed of sin and made fit to serve God in righteousness and truth (Ga. 2:20; 6:14-16).

One author I have read on the subject of holiness has this to say about it:   "Though Christians are holy in Christ positionally, the Bible teaches it is God’s will for them to be holy in practice also (1 Pe. 1:15-16). The two aspects of holiness are seen in one verse in Col. 3:12. This verse teaches that since Christians are holy and beloved by position in Christ, they should live up to this position by being holy in life. Every true Christian, because of his trust in Christ’s blood, is perfect and holy before God—as holy as Jesus is—but every Christian does not live a holy life day by day. The Christian is to perfect holiness." (2 Co. 7:1).

2tim2vs19 says" But the firm foundation of God remains standing, having this seal: the Lord knows those who are his own, and all who know the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.God is also trying to tell us here to depart from iniquity and embrace holliness.