mevosper

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

who is this passage talking about and how do you know?

Rev 19:11-16 KJV - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
 -  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
 - And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
 - And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
 - And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

- And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus, the New Testament in two places speaks of Jesus, or the Lamb which Jesus is, being the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

- And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

It's speaking of Jesus because Jesus is the "Word of God" as spoken in John 1:1 and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is also the lamb of God.

John 1:29On the morrow he seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

Rev 17: 14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.”

Edited by mystic428

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi mevosper,

Consider............

Revelation 19:12
His eyes are like blazing fire.......

Revelation 2:18
.....These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire........

Revelation 19:15
Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword......

Revelation 2:16
Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

It is clear that the verses in chapter 2 are talking about Jesus, the Son of God. (See also the description of Jesus in Rev 1:14-16)

These similar descriptions leave little doubt that Jesus is indeed the one being described  in the passage you quoted as well.

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I study the only accurate account about him: the Bible.

2 Peter 1:20-21 (NASB95)
20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation,
21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

2 Timothy 3:15 (NASB95)
15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

John 5:39-40 (NASB95)
39 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:27 (NASB95)
27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

The scriptures teach

Micah 5:2 (NASB95)
2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.”

Isaiah 44:24 (NASB95)
24 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens
by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

John 1:1-3 (NASB95)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:14 (NASB95)
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Colossians 1:13-16 (NASB95)
13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God**, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

God the Word who created all things by himself all alone is the one in the Godhead who became a man in addition to his deity.

Philippians 2:5-11 (NASB95)
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Verse 6 of Philippians 2 (above) in the original Greek language in which it was written says he remained fully God when he became a man morphe theos huparchon (form God never ceasing)

**Colossians 2:9 (NASB95)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Though God the Word acted all alone by himself in the act of creating in the beginning, he was in company with the Father (1 John 1:2) and the Spirit of God / Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2).

There are many false Christs, untrue Jesus's in the world as the scriptures predicted.

Matthew 24:4-5 (NASB95)
4 And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.**
5 “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:24-25 (NASB95)
24 “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
25 “Behold, I have told you in advance.

Galatians 1:8-9 (NASB95)
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (NASB95)
3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.
4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

**1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NASB95)
21 But examine everything carefully {KJV: prove all things}; hold fast to that which is good;

1 John 4:1 (NASB95)
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, {even that which you "think" is the Holy Spirit... for humans are easily deceived} because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Here's how:

Acts 17:11 (NIV)
11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

I like how the NIV reminds everyone that the teachings being tested were from none other than the Apostle Paul; meaning (along with 1 John 4:1...) there are no exceptions to this biblical testing of all things and all persons (physical or spirit). So, if some mere modern day teacher tells you not to test them, run away from them as fast as you can!

John 17:17 (NIV)
17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

The Bible is the written truth and therefore the standard of truth (the measure of what is and what is not true).

John 14:6 (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus is God the Word incarnate the living truth, truth personified.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You can only know Christ through revelation given to you by the father. 

Matthew 16:16-17New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

who is this passage talking about and how do you know?

Rev 19:11-16 KJV - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

-  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

- And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

- And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

- And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

By letting Scripture interpret Scripture

Heaven Opened

Rev 4:1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”

Rev 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

Rev 15:5 After these things I looked, and behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.

A White Horse

Rev 6:2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Zec 1:8 I saw by night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse, and it stood among the myrtle trees in the hollow; and behind him were horses: red, sorrel, and white.

In Christ Pat

Edited by Macs Son

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Geoff Primanti

In answer to the question of the thread title, Hebrews 10: "In the volume of the book it is written of me."  Christ speaking.