• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Here's a little more on the topic for good measure:

One of the objections raised by critics of biblical inspiration is that the Bible is not the word of God, but that itcontains the word of God.  Is this accurate?  No.  First of all, this doesn't fit what the Bible says about itself.  The collection of 66 books that the Christian Church recognized as being inspired speaks as the very words of God in many places.

1. "Thus says the Lord" occurs over 400 times in the Old Testament.
  2. "God said" occurs 42 times in the Old Testament and four times in the New Testament.
  3. "God spoke" occurs 9 times in the Old Testament and 3 times in the New Testament.
  4. "The Spirit of the Lord spoke" through people in 2 Sam. 23:21 Kings 22:242 Chron. 20:14.

Of course, the errantists (those who say the Bible in its original documents had errors) will reject these scriptures' accuracy; that is, they will deny that God's word is without error--even in the originals.

If appealing to the Bible in a general sense isn't good enough.  Let's consider that Jesus said the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms (all of the Old Testament) were Scripture, and that the Scriptures cannot be broken--cannot fail (John 10:35).

Some might say that there are instances of verses that "contain" God's word, but that it doesn't mean the Bible isGod's word.  The problem is addressed by Jesus.Luke 24:44-45"Now He said to them, 'These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.' 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures."

SOURCE:  

A very big and erroneous teaching in some churches today is that new revelation continues and the Bible is no longer the only source for truth.

This, is heresy and should be utterly rejected no matter who teaches such a thing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

newexist.jpg

This is the skeletal structure of God's Word and it is not of this place but from God...

(click on image to enlarge then escape to return)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

We will have to agree to disagree

That's not just a disagreement.  That, is just wrong.  The Bible is the word of God.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.  I Peter 1:20-21

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  II Timothy 3:16

“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”  John 12: 47-50

Jesus Himself stated that the words he spoke were ALL from God.  

It seems to me, that someone might be actually questionning the doctrine of the trinity if they believe that Jesus words pre-empted the Bible, which itself clearly states was given by God,

is from God and inspired by God and reveals the will of God, salvation and anything and everything else including God sending His only Son, Jesus.

Sorry, no. Christ is the Word of God not the bible.

In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was GodFrom the very beginning the Word was with God.

John 1:1-2

Guest shiloh357

We will have to agree to disagree

That's not just a disagreement.  That, is just wrong.  The Bible is the word of God.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.  I Peter 1:20-21

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  II Timothy 3:16

“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”  John 12: 47-50

Jesus Himself stated that the words he spoke were ALL from God.  

It seems to me, that someone might be actually questionning the doctrine of the trinity if they believe that Jesus words pre-empted the Bible, which itself clearly states was given by God,

is from God and inspired by God and reveals the will of God, salvation and anything and everything else including God sending His only Son, Jesus.

Sorry, no. Christ is the Word of God not the bible.

In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was GodFrom the very beginning the Word was with God.

John 1:1-2

And how does that exclude the Bible from being the Word of God?  Jesus is the living Word  and the Bible is the written Word and the Bible even refers to itself as the Word of God.

I will say it one last time. I do not believe as protestants that the Bible is the Word of God, Christ is. period. Now I am unsubscribing

Guest shiloh357

I will say it one last time. I do not believe as protestants that the Bible is the Word of God, Christ is. period. Now I am unsubscribing

Well, then you are in disagreement with the Bible itself as it claims to be God's Word.

Just in disagreement with protestant interpretation

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

The Bible is the Word of God.

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to revelation are the exhaustive , inerrant and inspired word of God. 

http://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

Guest shiloh357

If it is not God's Word then whose word is it?

The Bible is the Word of God.

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to revelation are the exhaustive , inerrant and inspired word of God. 

http://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

I believe the Bible is words from God, inspired and has 72 books