Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hall7

How do you picture God in your mind when you pray?

19 posts in this topic

Do you picture a person, a bright light or? In my case, for some reason it seems like I get two different pictures in my mind when I pray, I see God just as the word "God" but see Jesus as a person even though they are one. And I don't know why but I feel a sense of more compassion towards Jesus and see God as a stricter being, but then again they are one. Must be my subconscious, don't know...

So just am curious to know your visions...Thank you.

I dont picture anything. When I pray I just pray. Sometimes I pray with my eyes open and focus on a blank wall, but I do not hold any picture in my mind. 

Same as with Sheba, I do not picture anything.

There are times when I don't picture anything at all once the Holy Spirit takes over, then it becomes a feeling more than anything, and a good one that is :)

that's an interesting question.....   I usually see a mountain valley and I sense Him standing beside me but I don't actually see Him.  It's my peaceful place.

I don't picture anything most of the time, it's more of a feeling than an image.  A feeling of warmth and love, I guess those feelings could translate into an image to some people.  Sometimes when I pray, I do try to imagine what the world must have looked like when I think about the stories in the Holy Bible.  Eden, the Promised Land, what the Jews were doing for the Pharoahs, Jericho, the 1st and 2nd temples, etc.

He looks a bit like the Jolly Green Giant but sat down (on a throne). I think it's an imagery from early childhood that I adopted.

He looks a bit like the Jolly Green Giant but sat down (on a throne). I think it's an imagery from early childhood that I adopted.

Because you imagined Him as bigger than anything else as a child?

There was a time during my childhood when I pictured God as an old compassionate man with a white robe and white beard until I understood He isn't a human being. Ever since then It's impossible for me to come up with somewhat of an image of what He might look like. I can only picture and feel His Spirit within me which is invisible.

I don't picture anything.  I don't know what God looks like, and don't try to create any image in my mind.  I just talk to him.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0