IGNORED

Professors Resign from Christian College As Creation/Evolution Rift Co

DAYTON, Tenn. – Several professors at a Christian college in Tennessee have announced they will be resigning after the school’s leadership affirmed that Adam and Eve were historical people, specially created by God.

As previously reported, Bryan College is a small evangelical Christian school in Dayton, Tennessee, with a total enrollment of approximately 1,400 students. In February, the school added a brief clarification to its statement of belief in order to clear up any ambiguity about the school’s stance on the origin of humans.

“We believe that all humanity is descended from Adam and Eve,” the statement says. “They are historical persons created by God in a special formative act, and not from previously existing life forms.” http://christiannews.net/2014/05/12/professors-resign-from-christian-college-as-creationevolution-rift-continues/

~

Oh The Shame~!

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Whatever Is A Simple Bible Believer To Do?

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:19-22

Beloved, What Do You Think?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1951

Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife:and they twain shall be one flesh? (KJV)

-- Jesus. Matthew 19:4-5

Key words "at the beginning". ... They would be Adam and Eve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

very interesting1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Actually it is a good thing that unbelieving professors depart from Christian schools and colleges. In the past believers have had to leave because the learning institutions departed from the truth.  So this is actually good.  In fact all genuine Christian institutions should ask those who do not believe to depart, rather than sow their seeds of unbelief among the young, the naive, the uninformed, or the gullible.

If Adam and Eve were not real historical people, then the whole Bible becomes totally unreliable, and the Gospel becomes meaningless.

Edited by Ezra

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,,,

I agree with Ezra 100%,they should go,,,,,,,,,,,,,you have to wonder what they are doing there in the first place,I don't believe they are there without ulterior motives,,,,,,,,perhaps unwittingly but never the less used by the enemy

With love-in Christ,Kwik

King James Bible
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

If you are going to represent God, claim to be a follower of God and then teach his word then you need to teach what God has said. God has said Adam and Eve are historical thus we believers teach that revelation. We do not follow secular science for that field is deceived and blind and does not follow the HS to the truth.

I am happy to see different Christian universities making this stand and have supported many of them in the aftermath. We need our classrooms and our pulpits to be filled with pastors and teachers who side with God over what the secular world says.

There will be an issue on academic integrity and freedom in  our magazine in a few months

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If a professor is teaching at a Christian college and they are not a Christian then they should leave.There are plenty of other colleges that are liberal and do not believe in God.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,743
  • Content Per Day:  1.18

If a professor is teaching at a Christian college and they are not a Christian then they should leave.There are plenty of other colleges that are liberal and do not believe in God.

I agree that it is difficult to be a Christian while believing that man originates from "lower" life forms. But my impression is that those professors, despite their ontological and epistemological predicament, still believe in God and Jesus. 

I am not a Christian and I am pretty ignorant about the doctrine, therefore I have a question. Assuming that they still believe in God and Jesus with all their heart, will they be punished in the afterlife for having made the mistake of holding an evolutionary position?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I agree that it is difficult to be a Christian while believing that man originates from "lower" life forms. But my impression is that those professors, despite their ontological and epistemological predicament, still believe in God and Jesus. 

they still believe that the Trinity exists and they 'worship' him but how can you worship someone you claim to have lied, and is incapable of telling their followers the truth?

Assuming that they still believe in God and Jesus with all their heart, will they be punished in the afterlife for having made the mistake of holding an evolutionary position?

that depends upon God. he alone is in charge of who enters heaven and resides with him but keep in mind that God said that liars will not enter his kingdom.  lying is a sin and those professors are lying about God, what he did and what took place in the beginning so you need to do the math. if they do not repent of those sins, it is a good chance they will miss out on heaven but I am not the last word on this issue.