Professors Resign from Christian College As Creation/Evolution Rift Co

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

If a professor is teaching at a Christian college and they are not a Christian then they should leave.There are plenty of other colleges that are liberal and do not believe in God.

I agree that it is difficult to be a Christian while believing that man originates from "lower" life forms. But my impression is that those professors, despite their ontological and epistemological predicament, still believe in God and Jesus. 

I am not a Christian and I am pretty ignorant about the doctrine, therefore I have a question. Assuming that they still believe in God and Jesus with all their heart, will they be punished in the afterlife for having made the mistake of holding an evolutionary position?

Christianity teaches on faith and morals, not science.   ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64
  • Days Won:  0

I only see a conflict between science and the Bible where evolution is concerned.  Evolution Theory violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, and the Bible of course.  It's not natural for more complex lifeforms to be created without a Creator doing the manipulation.  We will return to dust upon death, which is a less complex form.  It's only our Creator, the breadth of whom gives us life, and will raise us up because He (Jesus) has conquered death for all time.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I only see a conflict between science and the Bible where evolution is concerned.  Evolution Theory violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, and the Bible of course.  It's not natural for more complex lifeforms to be created without a Creator doing the manipulation.  We will return to dust upon death, which is a less complex form.  It's only our Creator, the breadth of whom gives us life, and will raise us up because He (Jesus) has conquered death for all time.

actually there are more conflicts than just that one topic.  But one needs to remember that secular science is run by deceived and blind people and we need to consider the source of other scientific information before accepting it as fact or close to correct.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It is kind of puzzling why the professors would be offended by claiming all humans come from two people because genetics proved that years ago.

There was a PBS special years ago ("The Daughters of Eve") that showed through mitochondrial DNA that all women come from one woman. And more recently it has been proven through Y chromosome studies that all men are descended from one man.

That sounds like Adam and Eve to me.

6 hours ago, Earnest said:

It is kind of puzzling why the professors would be offended by claiming all humans come from two people because genetics proved that years ago.

There was a PBS special years ago ("The Daughters of Eve") that showed through mitochondrial DNA that all women come from one woman. And more recently it has been proven through Y chromosome studies that all men are descended from one man.

the problem with your post is that you probably missed the parts of those studies that have eve living over 200,000 years ago approx., and Adam living in another era and those studies do not have those two people mating at all.  I have read the studies.

On 8/29/2015, 7:58:23, Adam said:

The name "Adam" not only is not said by Jesus, but in the four gospels it occurs only in the genealogy in Luke..  At age 13 it bothered me that the world was older than 6000 years, but for 54 years I have been a Christian without believing it or believing it is possible.  I have been variously Methodist, Roman Catholic, Episcopalian and now Lutheran as a theistic evolutionist and still can't imagine believing the world Is only 6000 years old.

The name Adam does not have to be used by Jesus for Adam and eve to be historical. Paul uses his name and that should suffice. What Jesus said in John 5:45ff is that if people do not believe Moses then they will not believe His words. That passage tells us that Adam and Eve were historical because Moses recorded them as historical.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I wouldn't expect anyone to look at that which is the heaven and the earth then conclude that it is merely 6000 years old.  Not at all!  That is something that would need to be revealed unto man by God.  Man can only become wise in his own conceit and deduct from his human reason that which must be true for him.  Arrogance won't allow him to simply take God at his word.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

On Tuesday, December 08, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Earnest said:

Another newer take on the subject is "The Seven Daughters of Eve", the paperback written in 2002.  The PBS Special "The Children of Eve" goes back to 1987.  There are probably new books out now on the subject I'm not aware of.