• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

I think you're more likely to receive a sign when you don't ask for one. A bit like the people who dream of Jesus and then become saved. I believe God may send a sign to the really desperate, but if you ask him for one you're not always likely to get one.

God will send us a sign if it is his wish. You can't ask him to perform tricks for you.

bible told us expressly and boldly,that we should believe in the Lord our God,so shall we be establish,he told us also to believe the servant of God in other for us to prosper:2chronicles 20:20" i posted this thread because iam good in asking God for a sign,somebody said here that it is only unbelievers that ask God for a sign,God promise to give us pastors according to His own heart,that will feed us with knowledge and understanding,Jeremiah 3:15" I was in a deliverance service some few days ago,the leading pastor spoke a word of knowledge to the congregation,and still asked God for a sign to confirm what he told us,he mention 15 people that,this sign he ask from God will manifest in their body immediately,and he still ask the Holy Spirit to move into the congregation and locate those 15 persons,immediately what he said and the sign he demanded from God started to manifest,in the congregation,some said here it is lack of faith,like I myself alot of voice speaks to me,when ever iam not sure or a little bit confuse about the voice i always ask God for a sign,does that mean i lack faith or iam asking out of unbelief,i believe my question demand an answer,is it wrong to ask God for a sign,when ever God speaks to you,just to be sure,that the voice is from God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

We always want a right or wrong answer but it is usually not that simple though many try to say it is.

I ask for signs when I feel it necessary but don't take that as if I am saying it is always OK.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

All believers have to do is look around in society and they can see many of the "signs" of the time all around them being fullfilled right before their eyes. 

Faith doesn't need a sign because faith is the substance of things hoped for and the "evidence" of things not seen.  Asking for a sign is doubting and is asking God for some kind of proof before you'll act on your own faith. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

God will never allow Himself to be tempted beyond what He is willing to reveal of a thing. Gideon comes to mind. It then remains for the one asking to step out in faith in the direction he/she feels led. Van Til has it this way: Run the thing out in your thinking as far as you can and see where to winds up __ if Satan, stop.  If God, proceed..

Edited by Cross Reference

Asking for a sign sometimes is needed.

before I was saved I was depressed and lonely

I asked God to please show me he is real and that i am not alone in this world.

I didn't expect an answer but he did

I got to meet him that very night....

:thumbsup:

yet ye have not, because ye ask not. James 1:2(f-g)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

There are a lot of good answers here. As mentioned above, when weak in the Spirit and faith, sometimes we do need a sign from God in another form than the Holy Spirit speaking to our hearts. There was a time when I was so back slidden that I didn't' know how to listen to God within my spirit anymore, so I asked for a sign that would determine a big spiritual change in my life, and God gave me one. And so it changed my life.

There was another time when I was spiritually close to God but needed confirmation to make an important decision in my life, because as "Otherone" mentioned, "sometimes we cannot trust our own thinking" as the flesh constantly battles with the spirit. So I asked God for a sign again and was given one, and so my life took a big turn for the better.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Asking God for a sign may represent a lack of spiritual maturity or an instance of doubt under extreme pressure. 

PERSPECTIVE

Do you get upset with a child that does not believe you when you say you are going to do something for them?

Most often, the child asks numerous questions about the details on how and when. I don’t think you get upset, since you know it’s a child.

However, with an adult you can only assume that the person doesn't know you that well or know you at all.

But when do you let go and step out in faith. If you have not that kind of faith no sign will be sufficent __ and the easy one will be your choice.

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

But when do you let go and step out in faith. If you have not that kind of faith no sign will be sufficent __ and the easy one will be your choice.

There's always some faith left in us as a Christian, even if it's as small as the size of a mustard seed.

There's always some faith left in us as a Christian, even if it's as small as the size of a mustard seed.

The mustard seed faith IS of the Faith of Jesus Chrst. Could it be otherwise for Jesus to say what He declared, re the fig tree?