LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I kind of  feel like God is telling me to wait. I keep coming across Bible verses that talk about waiting on the Lord. The song "I Am Waiting On You Lord" keeps popping into my head whenever I start to feel bad about things. I don't know, maybe that is what I am suppose to do. But for how long? It has been so long.

I kind of  feel like God is telling me to wait. I keep coming across Bible verses that talk about waiting on the Lord. The song "I Am Waiting On You Lord" keeps popping into my head whenever I start to feel bad about things. I don't know, maybe that is what I am suppose to do. But for how long? It has been so long.

:thumbsup:

Trust

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

And Rejoice

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Waiting patiently is one of the hardest things for me. But hubby is worse. He won't wait at a stop light if he can go around a block to avoid it. Then he ususally has to wait longer going in another direction. God doesn't let us escape this trial. It really stretches us to the point that we have no more hope.

My friend had cancer--a tumor so large that it broke 3 of her ribs and she looked like she was 9 months pregnant. Her kidneys had shut down and the doctors told her she had only a few days to live so she should get her affairs in order and say her goodbyes. She signed all her earthly possessions and land over to her daughter who was very ungodly. That night some elders and close friends from church came to her bed side and held a prayer vigel. They layed hands on her and prayed for her. But they also did battle with a spirit of cancer that had overcome her. Now my doctrine doesn't agree with this--just telling you what she said had happened.

[she said it had come upon her when her faith was very weak and she had become terrified that she would starve to death. She was always a tiny person weighing under 100 pounds so she coundn't afford to lose much, and she was a pastor's widow without much income. But she didn't tell others of her need. Her husband had also died of cancer which terrified her even more.]

Her friends continued to pray through the night and sang to her. The next day her kidneys began to function again and she was sent home--to die or to live as the Lord permitted. Her daughter kept her home and put her in their basement room. Her daughter was a nurse who kept her high on pain meds. But the tumor started shrinking. Evenually they allowed her to return home for a time. I saw her after about 3 months when she notified the church that she would like to see visitors. We had a wonderful visit and shared communion in her home. I so love that lady. She was like a mother to me after my mom died when I was 25. It took 9 months for the tumor to disappear and she was declaired totally cancer free. It was one of the few real miracles I have witnessed.

The point is that God tests us sometimes till there is no hope. But we serve the God who raised Lazarus from the dead! We serve the God Who is able to do the impossible. And He does stretch our faith to make us stronger. Only He knows how long. He is not a cruel God and will not test you beyond what you can endure. So try to rest in His promises. He said that He will not ever leave you or forsake you.

Hebrews13:5 WUEST Let your manner of life be without the love of money, being satisfied with your present circumstances. For He himself has said, and the statement is on record, I will not, I WILL NOT CEASE TO SUSTAIN AND ÙPHOLD YOU. I will not, I will not, I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN. So that being of good courage, we are saying, THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT FEAR. What shall man do to me?

[This translation and AMP also show the emphatic impact of the Greek words "I will not"] So hang tough!

I kept repeating this verse to myself when I was having a lot of dental work done, which is one of the few things that terrify me. But God is so good to never leave us or forsake us. GOD HAS PROMISED TO BE WITH YOU AND HELP YOU THROUGH IT, AND HE PROMISED THAT HE WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN. He also promised that He will not test you behond what you can endure, but will provide a Godly way to escape with His help. You can probably endure more than you think you can.

Blessings, I am still praying.

Willa

Guest LadyC

from personal experience, i have come to believe that "waiting" on the Lord is more than just waiting expectantly for Him to make a move or a change in one's life and circumstances. it's also more than just "trusting" Him.

it's learning to be content with exactly where He has you at this moment... and the next, and the next. 

and sometimes that's a really hard lesson to learn. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It;s not about sitting still. It;s about waiting even as we move.

Remember Forrest Gump, and the scene where he starts running with the leg braces on? "Run Forrest, Run!".

It's kind of like we try to walk with the leg irons on, one painful step at a time, and are "waiting" for the Lord to remove them so we can walk. If only we would in faith, start running with the leg irons on, and then "wait", while running, as the screws fell out, the nuts and bolts loosened, and the irons fell free.

Start running. Start doing, and then "wait" while you are doing (wait does not mean stop, it means expect the Lord to move). He will move as soon as we do. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

i think what 'waiting on the Lord' means is similar to how a good waiter waits on you in a restaurant; they are attentive to you, ready to act if you want them to do something, but at the same time respectful of your timing...

what are you waiting for? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings LadyKay

Boy it is really good to see you.....I guess things worked out so you did not have to take a break?I am so happy,Sis.......not to go off topic but I am just thrilled you are here!!!!!Yippee!!!!!LOL

Anyway,not much to add ,,,,that has to be one of the toughest things to do,right?I always tell myself"Be of good courage & wait on the Lord",as in......

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.                                         Psalm 27:14

I am praying for you that the Lord give you the strength,patience ,comfort,peace & courage to wait.....in Jesus Name

With love-in Christ,Kwik