Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustinM

How to deal with the influx of illegally immigrated children

70 posts in this topic

As an American I am shocked to see this tide and surge in illegal immigration.  From a cynical standpoint, it looks like pro-amnesty idealogues are using human shields to "nudge" (force) Americans into accepting unconditional amnesty.

As a Christian, I can't help but want to help them.  Their parents abandoned them, told them to go North and hope America will accept them.  What if we turned them away?  Thousands of minors would be forced to march south through the desert. and survive on their own.

My solution, is for as many Conservative Christians, as can, to find a way to foster, adopt, or teach them.  I believe Christ wouldn't want us to turn them away.  They have no one now.  He would want us to teach them His ways, and strengthen His Church.

Do we really want to abandon tens of thousands, if not millions of morally, spiritually, educationally, and materially impoverished people to the progressives?  They will teach them nothing but racial, cultural, and religious supremacy, and will teach them to ask themselves not what they can do for their adopted country, but what can their adopted nation do for them.

We have to play the game, but if we do it out of love and compassion for them, I know we can make it good.

I'm in agreement with you on feeling a sense of responsibility for these children's futures, Justin.  I'm NOT understanding what 'Progressives' they will end up with if we turn them away.  I think they would be more likely to die or be trafficked than turned into liberals.  What am I not seeing here?

I'm in agreement with you on feeling a sense of responsibility for these children's futures, Justin.  I'm NOT understanding what 'Progressives' they will end up with if we turn them away.  I think they would be more likely to die or be trafficked than turned into liberals.  What am I not seeing here?

LOL, I know it sometimes seems like politics is all I'm interested in.  I'm more concerned with them being put into the foster system until they become old enough to go on welfare.  I don't trust the State to teach them how to assimilate into the US and become responsible, productive citizens.  From what I've seen, the federal government is more interested in balkanizing the US than uniting it behind borders, language and culture.

LOL, I know it sometimes seems like politics is all I'm interested in.  I'm more concerned with them being put into the foster system until they become old enough to go on welfare.  I don't trust the State to teach them how to assimilate into the US and become responsible, productive citizens.  From what I've seen, the federal government is more interested in balkanizing the US than uniting it behind borders, language and culture.

Okay, I see what you mean now.  But it's very unlikely they can find foster homes for that many kids, most of them teenagers.  I suspect there is a game plan behind this sudden influx of people under 25; not sure what (or who is orchestrating it) but it's just weird enough to be a plot.

Question::::::     How could we take these kids and do something with them that would better both the kids and the US at the same time.

Teach them how to be Americans, teach them our values, teach them that everything comes with a price and there are no hand-outs.  Teach them that those values are what made America so great that they wanted to leave everything behind and live here.

Who could you trust to do that?    Certainly not the Government.....    the only group of people I can think of with the structure to do that would be the Catholic Church.  

Teach them how to be Americans, teach them our values, teach them that everything comes with a price and there are no hand-outs.  Teach them that those values are what made America so great that they wanted to leave everything behind and live here.

the schools and or government cant teach american kids how to be americans.

Although I agree with most of your posts, I think you've stumbled on this last remark.

America no longer HAS any values to speak of - unless of course you refer to unbridled hedonism, perpetual sexual indulgences, unlimited drug legalization and use, mockery of all things Judeo-Christian, murderous pointless foreign policy, and so on.  America is no longer great.  According to every survey and international study in recent years, the United States has fallen to third world status or less in nearly every single category that matters.  The one exception is our military, which no longer possesses technological superiority, combat readiness or a moral foundation for its operations.  It is still the greatest in terms of numbers, however.

Don't get me wrong.   The dwindling majority of the American people are hard working, mostly honest, and adhere to something resembling a philosophical standard.   Our government is something else, however.   It is truly said that people get the government they deserve.  It's also been truly said that many love their country but hate their government (a position I personally identify with).   In short, America has the best politicians money can buy.  But they do not serve America well.

The failure of the church to impress the majority of American citizens with anything resembling a coherent moral and spiritual philosophy is the primary reason for our decline as a nation and a people.

Americans who actually work for a living learn principles, not from the pulpit generally, but from the give and take of the work place.   Paying one's bills, earning an honest living and behaving in a constructive and consistent manner are things that build a good life, a solid family and a decent community.  These are values which build a nation and values which greedy dishonest men use to their advantage BOTH in the work place and in the community.  But the transmission of these values from the senior generation (which earns the money to pay the bills) to the younger generation (which ought to be taught how to earn their own money) has been broken.  

Schools and debauched government have conspired to destroy the principles whereby greedy men can make their money.   In effect, corruption kills the golden goose.  It makes no sense, but there it is.

And where is God in all this mockery of civilization?  Nowhere at all.  America has told Father, Son and Holy Ghost to hit the road and hit the road they have.   The nation is now under judgment.   Lacking divine providence to guide us through troubled waters, we are left, each of us, to stand alone in the storm and salvage what we can of the wreck which multiplies each day.   If our foundation is on the solid rock of Jesus Christ we will survive (minus a few amenities).   If our foundation is on the shifting sand of social values we shall surely fall.

It isn't social values we need to transmit to the younger generation.  It is the blood of Jesus Christ.  He alone can save us.  It is this application of blood for which we need to beg God's mercy.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft... 

the more I read about these kids it may well be that Mexico is just emptying thier criminal juvenile jails in our back yard.  We may well just need to put them back over the fence.