Sign in to follow this  
JustinM

How to deal with the influx of illegally immigrated children

Guest LadyC

our nation is built on the rule of law (supposedly). before we give these children anything, we should apply the law FIRST.

and that means they have to come here legally.

unfortunately our president and his administration could care less about doing anything by the law, and as i understand things, are already setting in motion a plan to circumvent the law by setting up "screening" stations in honduras from where more children and teens will be granted amnesty and be given a free plane ride to america. all this is being done, as i understand it, without congressional approval.

i believe this is being done primarily to bring in new voters for the democratic party. if our government thought for one second that these people would ever vote republican america wouldn't even consider pulling this crap. but it's a way to re-invent america... bring in people who do not have any understanding of or respect for our constitution, our culture, or our judicial system so that those things will be eroded into oblivion as quickly as possible.

our nation is built on the rule of law (supposedly). before we give these children anything, we should apply the law FIRST.

and that means they have to come here legally.

unfortunately our president and his administration could care less about doing anything by the law, and as i understand things, are already setting in motion a plan to circumvent the law by setting up "screening" stations in honduras from where more children and teens will be granted amnesty and be given a free plane ride to america. all this is being done, as i understand it, without congressional approval.

i believe this is being done primarily to bring in new voters for the democratic party. if our government thought for one second that these people would ever vote republican america wouldn't even consider pulling this crap. but it's a way to re-invent america... bring in people who do not have any understanding of or respect for our constitution, our culture, or our judicial system so that those things will be eroded into oblivion as quickly as possible.

I can explain exactly what you have just said in one word:

"TREASON"

I saw a show on TV this past weekend, which was discussing illegal immigrants, but it was not about the Texas or Arizona border issues. Apparently, Haitians are travelling across the Dominican Republic, which puts them somewhat close to Puerto Rico, and getting into the U.S. that way. Once in Puerto Rico, they are in the U.S. Apparently the number of Haitians entering Puerto Rico has been growing at a high rate over the past year.  

One factor is the some Dominicans are advertising in Haiti, that for a price, they will take Haitians across the Dominican Republic, and get them close to U.S. land via boat. But, to me it was interesting that something similar is occuring in Puerto Rico as with the illegal crossings near the Mexican border.

Guest LadyC

puerto rico is a US commonwealth. this doesn't surprise me, but i hadn't thought of it before.

Lady c I am glad to hear that. When I was homeless not once did anyone stop and say are you hungry, are you thirsty, are you cold? And this is even on sunday as folks are coming and going from church. In a home church meeting I heard God speak thru a man, and He said, The Almighty says, if I sent you my hungry would you feed them? When I heard this I wept because I knew God is disappointed in the church.

If you want to help the homeless there are shelters all over texas. I have worked in them and my advice is dont give money, take money amd buy food and donate the food. Its appauling how much board members get paid compared to general workers and especially at a not for profit ministry. They may not all be that way, but a lot of them are. Voulenteers are needed to help to many tasks such as prepare meals, basic cleaning, bagging food to give out on drives, even office work. some shelters have other types of work like couselling, and bible studies. They also need other things like soap, toilet paper, clothes and if they have a resale/thrift shop people to sort thru donations. I also did the groundskeeping/maintenance. These shelters are the storehouse, not the churches as many preachers preach. its the closest thing i have ever seen/participated in that is a real actual ministry. If this inyrests you and you have problems finding a place ask local churches. there is a misson field right here at home.

I would agree Cletus, but the problem is so large that a single church can't fix it all...    We actually house homeless families in our church one week a month and feed them and make sure they have what they need to live......     but you simply can't do that for everyone.    

our town itself has done such a good job of it,  that when our State Mental Institutions release a person, they give them a bus ticket to our town.....    we do feed the homeless......    but word gets out and more and more are coming here and the burden is getting unmanageable........   to the point of being unsafe at night.

Guest LadyC

cletus, we don't have any shelters here in my city... and i don't like driving into dallas. however, there is a salvation army nearby. i'm not sure what this one is since they don't seem to have a shelter, a food bank, or soup kitchen... i suspect that this is a distribution center for other locations. they do have church services on sundays though. i should stop by there and check them out.

one of my favorite things to do with my to-go-boxed leftovers from restaurants used to be to drive through the nearest shopping center and give the fresh hot leftovers to homeless people. i've learned over the years that more than anything else, homeless people just want to be treated like they are human beings. they want someone to listen to them talk. i would often stop and ask people hovering around walgreens or grocery stores if they'd eaten that day... and if not, i'd go buy them some hot food and often chat with them while they ate. one time on my way to california i stopped in baker and bought lunch for a guy... we sat on the patio and ate lunch together.  then i gave him a book that i'd only barely started reading, that i had in my car with me. it was called "don't just stand there, pray something!" yep, that's where i got my sig-line quote.

cletus, we don't have any shelters here in my city... and i don't like driving into dallas. however, there is a salvation army nearby. i'm not sure what this one is since they don't seem to have a shelter, a food bank, or soup kitchen... i suspect that this is a distribution center for other locations. they do have church services on sundays though. i should stop by there and check them out.

one of my favorite things to do with my to-go-boxed leftovers from restaurants used to be to drive through the nearest shopping center and give the fresh hot leftovers to homeless people. i've learned over the years that more than anything else, homeless people just want to be treated like they are human beings. they want someone to listen to them talk. i would often stop and ask people hovering around walgreens or grocery stores if they'd eaten that day... and if not, i'd go buy them some hot food and often chat with them while they ate. one time on my way to california i stopped in baker and bought lunch for a guy... we sat on the patio and ate lunch together.  then i gave him a book that i'd only barely started reading, that i had in my car with me. it was called "don't just stand there, pray something!" yep, that's where i got my sig-line quote.

You truly have a servant's heart, L.C.  I really admire that and wish I could be more like you.  I'm not a 'hands on' person but I DO want to help people. 

Matthew 19
13 Then little children were brought to him for him to lay his hands on them and pray. But the disciples scolded those who brought them.

14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Guest LadyC

Gerioke, Jesus didn't say let them come to america illegally and live off our system, draining precious resources that are needed by many americans in poverty.

He said not to try to stop them from coming to JESUS, because they have the unwavering faith that children have, and that's the kind of faith that brings eternal life. 

seriouly, that scripture can't be used to justify illegal immigration. even in the best of worlds, these are children whose parents have abandoned them, shipping them into a strange land, so that they can be used as anchors so that once they're given amnesty then the parents and the rest of the families can use them as an excuse to come in illegally also. they are exploiting their own children! that should concern everybody.