• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Some Mozambique Christians won't go anywhere near then, and won't talk about them.

They probably, having seen them at work, still believe in the danger.

Looks like some work ahead strengthening them...

Matt 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but

rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

KJV

Mark 16:15

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

KJV

If they were to see this lack of fear where once was fear-> these witch doctors would have a good

witness of to Whom really has power and is to be feared... How about the witch doctor that was

converted is He afraid of them? Inquiring minds and all that :) Love, Steven

How about the witch doctor that was converted is He afraid of them?

Not any more Steven, but he still approaches every situation with them with caution. He could lose his life, not because of a curse, but because he is interfering with a lucrative lifestyle (some of these guys drive luxury cars and people travel across country to see them - he was not one of those, he lives in a very rural and wild area.). If you murder a child to use as "medicine', a competitor is worth even less. 

:thumbsup:

When The Skies Roll Back

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. Revelation 19:11

Even Demon Boys

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Take A Bath

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. Revelation 19:20

Maranatha~!

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Witches can't cast a spell that will directly effect a born again Christian......   However if you have an unsaved neighbor or friend, they can have demons do things that would effect those unsaved people, and those unsaved people can and do things that can effect born again Christians.

if witches were just harmless figments of people's imagination, God wouldn't put such a penalty on Witchcraft.   

I know we were supposed to kill witches in the old testament.....  I'm not really sure about the new covenant.

I know we were supposed to kill witches in the old testament.....  I'm not really sure about the new covenant.

:)

Witches, Betraying Marxist Politicians And Other Sinners

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Will Be Prayed For And Blessed

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. Luke 6:38

With

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Romans 12:14

Love

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Not any more Steven, but he still approaches every situation with them with caution. He could lose his life, not because of a curse, but because he is interfering with a lucrative lifestyle (some of these guys drive luxury cars and people travel across country to see them - he was not one of those, he lives in a very rural and wild area.). If you murder a child to use as "medicine', a competitor is worth even less.

The value system of the world is in the toilet from what I am seeing from witnessed accounts all over!

God bless you brother for the gap you are filling in the work of The Lord!!! I'll bet your stories would be

awesome to listen to ... Love, Steven

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I don't know. I don't remember a verse that says they can or can't.  :(

:thumbsup:

In The Middle Of Hot Summer Nights

In The Heart Of The Tower District In Fresno, CA

My Christian Buddies Out Roaming And Witnessing For Jesus

Would Occasionally Run Into A Group Of Witches

Who Somehow Knew They Were Christians

And Would Complained That Spells

Didn't Work On Any Christians

I Wonder How They Knew :24: :24: :24:

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Beloved, Don't Forget To Sign Up For The Coming Hoedown~!

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

Amen~!

Made the mistake of going to a "Psychic Fair" with a friend once. I had no idea what went on at one of those things at the time but the folks there instantly knew we were believers. It was pretty creepy, and a couple of folks yelled at us about "screwing up their magic." :laugh:

Well now that just makes me want to go there ....

But I wont unless He were to lead me there. 

Living where I do, and doing what I do, I come across "sangoma's" on almost a daily basis. There are sangoma's who work for the good, and those that work for the bad. Both are unbiblical and demon driven (claiming to talk to the dead). I have seen the result of curses upon people, and some have died.

I have stood face to face with a ranting sangoma in Mozambique (some use human body parts, children are most preferred, there is a brisk trade, check out the internet and you will see), while he shook a dried bladder (with bones inside) in my face and cursed me for destroying his business (they charge up to $60 to $1000 for a spell) because we had started a bible study in the Musi (homestead) next door. We stood and countered him with scripture. He was a big man, bare chested, dressed in animal skins, with animal skin bracelets, a headdress from a leopard, and a belt of inflated bladders from the Lord only knows where....

Do theses spells and curses work? The dark one's do, but only if you are in the culture, and believe they can. Some Mozambique Christians won't go anywhere near then, and won't talk about them. They probably, having seen them at work, still believe in the danger. 

The sangoma attends the same bible study today, and when the Holy Spirit descended on him (I was not there), I was told it was like a darkness had left him, and the surrounding area. He lay on the ground and sobbed, and was broken.... He is now a strong man of God.

Now enough airtime for satan.

Let's get back to what really counts "Jesus and His Love for us!"

Similar to the power of navajo skinwalkers. Whom I have unfortunately personally encountered. Only way I was spared from that was through calling on Jesus. I know of Christians who have walked away unscathed from skinwalkers and other native witchcraft practitioners. 

Guest LadyC

tigger, i see a lot of people saying (and rightly so) that the witches themselves are not performing the magic, the spells, etc., but that it is demons. but i think this might help to illustrate things more clearly for you.

we all know that the bible gives countless examples of miracles that were "performed" by the apostles... and they did! but they didn't perform anything under their own power. all miracles were actually God's doing. the apostles were granted the authority to cast out demons, raise the dead, heal the lame. but it was God doing the healing, raising and casting. 

with me so far?

satan is also very powerful, although not as powerful as the God we serve. those who serve satan and practice witchcraft are casting spells or putting curses on people or whatever, but anything actually accomplished is accomplished not by their own might, but by satan's power.

i'm not sure what brought on this question, but i want to throw this out here because i know there are some christians who fear those who practice witchcraft. if anyone reading this thread has such a fear, i want to remind them that our God is bigger and stronger than the gods of those who practice witchcraft... and that as long as we stay grounded in prayer and put on our spiritual armor, no weapon formed against us by any curse or hex or spell can succeed. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

What bought up the question, When I was working at my other job, I had someone that wished something bad happened to me, not physically. Ok let me explain. I had a boss that used to get mad if I got raises, which I never understood cause she made more then me, When I got into huge debt, She could not understand why I wasn't loosing my house or my car, or why the creditors were not taking my wages from work, she said I was a thief cause I got into debt and couldn't pay it back, and people like me is why ecodomy was bad. Anyway back to my story she really wanted things to get taken away from me. Now isn't that kinda like witchcraft. She won I lost my job and lost my van. So what she wanted and thought worked.

She won I lost my job and lost my van. So what she wanted and thought worked.

Did she? Or perhaps the Lord permitted it to happen so you could be free of her? Or perhaps He had other reasons for allowing it to happen?