j102

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Have any of you watched the TV documentary "COSMOS A SPACETIME ODYSSEY"? I just recently got the blu-ray and have started watching it. The visual special effects are amazing like something a big Hollywood movie would make. While its not produced from a christian point of view, the science for the most part is on point. I've heard from other Christians that you shouldn't watch it because its made by non Christians and could cause you to start doubting gods word. I don't think that's a sound approach, we can think for ourselves and choose what to believe or not to believe for ourselves.

Have any of you guys seen it? What are your thoughts on it?

Guest shiloh357

The series goes out of its way to denigrate creationism and the Bible.  If it were a neutral series, that would be one thing, but it's not.

Guest LadyC

i saw the first episode. i hated it. too much cartoon-ism. there are much better docu-series on the subject. my favorite to sleep to is 'how the universe works'.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

i saw the first episode. i hated it. too much cartoon-ism. there are much better docu-series on the subject. my favorite to sleep to is 'how the universe works'.

yeah i like that one too :)

but now i'm watching: 'trough the wormhole' voiced by Morgan Freeman.

that serie is much larger and tells about more different things.

i just love the serie, it gives me stuff to think about. and i like philosophating about things.

i would  recommence 'trough the wormhole' over that one, but it isn't bad.

Edited by Schouwenaars

Guest LadyC

i've been thinking about giving that one a try. i love morgan freeman. he's got a voice i can sleep to. LOL, yes, we sleep with the tv on. documentaries are the best.