IGNORED

Big Bang Proven False?

anthonyjmcgirr

Guest shiloh357
Who are you to judge another christian and say their not a true believer?

When people abandon the word of God for the words of men, it reveals a lot about their heart and that they don't fear God.

It is god who will judge them in the great white throne judgment.

First of all it's "God" with a big "G."  Secondly, yes he will and it is up to us to let them know they are under that judgment.  There is a version of Christianity that isn't based on the Bible or Jesus, but based on what is socially acceptable.

Your actions come off as self righteous and with a "I know better than you" attitude.

No, I just know the Word of God and I believe what it says and those who forsake the Lord for the teachings of men are under God's judgment.

You probably have been told that before but didn't even take the time to self reflect and see if that could be true. I know I had that kinda attitude a few years ago and didn't even know it until I took time to pray and let god show this to me.

There is nothing wrong with my attitude.  I just know the truth and I can't be emotionally manipulated to discard the truth in order to accommodate lies.

Guest shiloh357

This thread is moving faster than I can type. Someone said you don't have to disprove something that was never proven as true. I agree. The big bang theory was never proven. But evolution was never proven neither, and yet it's adherents expect we who don't follow it to prove it wrong. But it was never proven true.

I said that, and you are exactly correct.  The burden of proof is on those who claim it is proven.  If they can't prove it, their claim, by default is false.  Nothing to disprove.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to say they're PROVEN. But then you have Richard Dawkins who presents one as fact!

Guest shiloh357

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to say they're PROVEN. But then you have Richard Dawkins who presents one as fact!

All I ever hear is that the Big Bang and Evolution are proven to be fact and anyone doesn't accept such claims are written off as crackpots.

Well, they ridiculed Galileo and other top notch scientists in their day too.  What is that old saying, those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Please remember the Terms of Service when posting. Debate the subject, not the person. Something to keep in mind for this thread. It's a topic that has been hashed and rehashed here, Please keep emotions under control and stick to the subject matter, not the intent or mindset of the person you are debating with. A couple of posts are already pressing up against that line.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

shiloh,  actually, when I was in school I was taught you cannot disprove a thing scientifically. You can only prove a thing. Otherwise I can say there are elephants with 5 legs. Prove me wrong. No matter what anyone says, I can simply insist they never saw one. But I did and so the whole world should accept this as a fact. This is ludicrous and I made it that way to demonstrate my point. The burden is on me to prove elephants with 5 legs exist. Since I can't, no one should believe me. But today's young people think science can be used to prove a thing doesn't exist. That's a contradiction in logic. They have to prove the Big Bang theory is true or evolution is true. I can't imagine how the Big Bang can be proven. But evolution can be proven and in over 200 years it has not been proven. Good science says abandon the theory and test other theories. It hasn't been abandoned. Instead they made a religion out of it. I wish all Christians had as much faith in God that these evolution people have in their theory. I dare say we'd move mountains.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

There is evidence for creationism, but most people like you dismiss it out of hand as evidence at all.

Well then, you seem to think there is some evidence for creationism. Can you describe me some please?

And all of them would be wrong.

It's you against at least 10million people here, and some 100million in europe. I don't say you're wrong because of that, but the chance you're right is smaller.

It is nothing more than a hypothesis.

The atomic model is also a hypothesis actually. Yet a hypothesis can have a huge chance of being close to be right, so it becomes true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Who are you to judge another christian and say their not a true believer?

When people abandon the word of God for the words of men, it reveals a lot about their heart and that they don't fear God.

It is god who will judge them in the great white throne judgment.

First of all it's "God" with a big "G."  Secondly, yes he will and it is up to us to let them know they are under that judgment.  There is a version of Christianity that isn't based on the Bible or Jesus, but based on what is socially acceptable.

Your actions come off as self righteous and with a "I know better than you" attitude.

No, I just know the Word of God and I believe what it says and those who forsake the Lord for the teachings of men are under God's judgment.

You probably have been told that before but didn't even take the time to self reflect and see if that could be true. I know I had that kinda attitude a few years ago and didn't even know it until I took time to pray and let god show this to me.

There is nothing wrong with my attitude.  I just know the truth and I can't be emotionally manipulated to discard the truth in order to accommodate lies.

While you may have your theology down right it doesn't excuse your self righteous attitude. Love is the most important thing.

Even if you can comprehend all of God's mysterys all have faith enough to move mountains yet have not love you are nothing but a clanging symbol. If Paul the apostle himself had to examine himself to see if he was sound in the faith, I suggest you do the same.

It is because of attitudes like this that a lot of Christians have that's pushes people away from god instead of drawing them to him.

I think it's time to cool off and get back to the subject at hand.