• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God created us with free wills.
That means that at any point in history, Satan can choose to repent.
So my question is, if supposed today, Satan chose to repent, will God forgive him?

Personally, I believe God will forgive Satan. What about you?
Edited by ncn
Topic moved to a more appropriate forum

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings chongjasmine......

Good Morning & Praise the Lord! When I was a little girl I used to always ask this very question,& you would not believe how many different answers I used to get......it really takes me back to my childhood,it was almost a fixation-lol

satan will not be forgiven,first of all he would never repent.....the idea is unimaginable .Jesus did not lay down His life for fallen angels to be reconciled back to our Father,He came that no MAN should perish.....that is the Word of God.If God was offering His Grace freely through faith in His Son to man & angels ,He would have said so & He does not.

We do not come from Heaven,Heaven awaits us.........satan & one third of the angels were in Heaven ,with God & they rebelled and were cast out .....what we long for they once had,how could God possibly forgive that?Would that not be blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God?Greiving the Holy Spirit?Their refusal to worship God is unpardonable

by Matt Slick

Some Universalists maintain that even the demonic horde will ultimately be redeemed and enjoy heaven.  Other Universalists deny that the demonic forces will be redeemed.  You often get different answers from different Universalists.  Is it important?  Yes, it is.

People are redeemed because they have a Redeemer, Jesus.  Jesus is God in flesh (Col. 2:9) who bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24).  Nowhere in the Bible does it state that Jesus bore the sins of demons.  Why?  Because it did not happen.

The reason this is important is that we can then see that the demonic realm does not have a savior and cannot be redeemed from their sins.  They will remain in their sins for eternity.

We see the pattern of God's incarnation, bearing of sins, dying, resurrection, and justification by faith (Rom. 5:1).  We see that God became man. We see that Jesus was both God and man (Col. 2:9).  It was necessary that He be both God and man for a very simple and important reason.  He had to be God in order to offer a sufficiently holy and infinite sacrifice to counter the infinite offense against God that creatures commit against Him.  He had to be man in order to bear the sins of men.  He had to represent the ones for whom He atoned in order for them to be atoned for.

According to this pattern that we see in Scripture, for the demonic realm to be saved, God would have become one of them, bear their sins, and, somehow, redeem them through death or some other means that God would determine.  Yet, there is nothing in scripture to substantiate that this has or will occur.  Therefore, the demonic realm has no redeemer and their sins will be retained, forever.

But some might ask, "Could God have another means by which He saves the fallen angels?"  Yes.  He could, most anything is possible.  But mere possibilities do not make actualities.  The Bible does not provide any redemptive plan for the demonic forces.  Therefore, we can safely conclude that there is none.   Demons are not and will not be redeemed.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I do believe that God tells us that Satan is thrown into the lake of fire with the beast and false prophet and will be tormented for ever.....     Even if it is possible for him to be forgiven, it appears from scripture that he will not.

As for the fallen angels, that will be up to us for we will judge the angels.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Nope. No forgiveness there.

And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.  

Revelation 20:10

Guest shiloh357

So my question is, if supposed today, Satan chose to repent, will God forgive him?

No, Satan is an angel and forgiveness is only offered to the descendents of Adam.  Jesus only provided forgiveness for mankind, not for angels or any other creature. Angels cannot be redeemed.

Satan will not repent; as there is nothing in him that could occasion repentance so the question is a non-starter

Personally, I believe God will forgive Satan.

~

Biblically, I Know Satan Is Toast

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:7-10

Got Book?

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

actually, there is one sin that you cannot be forgiven from-Blasphemy of the holy spirit (mark 3:29) now, seeing that Satan pretty much is the definition of sin-does everything he can to sin and drag others into darkness with him, I would dare say hes committed it. which means, no not only will Satan never repent-he will never be forgiven if he did.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The reply with Matt Slick's response is closest. Not only do they not have a redeemer, but since they sinned in their eternal state and cannot die (or be resurrected) their sin is eternally imprinted in them. Death affords humanity the ability to be saved. That is, of course, after Christ's death and resurrection is applied. The actuality is when we believe. Unbelief is doom (John 3:18).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

God did not send his only begotten Son into this world to demonstrate (show) his love toward the angels (which Satan is an angel) but he sent his Son into the world to show his love to fallen mankind.  Scripture states in Romans chapter one "that God demonstrated his love towards us while we were yet sinners" (without Christ and without hope).  Jesus came and died and was the sacrifice that appeased (satisfied) the wrath of God.  Jesus paid and was the ransom price that purchased and bought us back from the curse of the law (the wages of sin is death) as we have and can receive forgiveness, redemption and cleansing from our sins through his shed blood on the cross. 

Jesus did not die for the angels of God who rebelled against him in their first estate.  The angels of God were created in their form already as spiritual beings having a spiritual body that was created to live forever. 

Mankind however was not created with a spiritual body but created with a fleshly or earthly body and because of the fall death passed upon all men as every person will die a physical death.

But through Christ death, burial, and resurrection we have a blessed hope.  Though our outward or fleshly body perish we will be raised or resurrected a spiritual being having a glorified everlasting body that will never age and whiter away and die again we have this blessed hope as saints of God.

To think or believe that Satan will be redeemed or forgiven is error.  The devil will be destroyed along with his army and their eternal everlasting destiny will be burning in the lake of fire for ever and ever and the fire will not ever be quenched or put out it is and everlasting torment. 

Just because there is no redemption or forgiveness for Satan that does not diminish or disprove the love of God in any way, shape, or form.  The freewill of both mankind and the angelic hosts will to choose between good and evil does not prove one ioda that God is not a loving and compassionate because the devil's fate of etenal punishment in the lake of fire is sealed and will never change.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Satan sin is unforgiveable,on pardonable,Jesus said satan has being a lier right from the beginning,was this beginning mean that satan has being a lier right from heaven?,

the bible said,

And it was reavled in mine ears by the Lord of hosts, surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you,till you die,saith the Lord God of hosts,

Isaiah 22:14"

That means that there are some sins that can never be forgiving,

like the sins satan commited,

I believe he lie to those few angels right there in heaven,

before they believe him,

he decieved them as he did to Adam and his wife.