Cross Reference

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

The Atonement  is made effective only by the new birth. Anything short of that leaves the mere "grace centered Christian" to be judged by his works.

....leaves the mere "grace centered Christian" to be judged by his works....

:thumbsup:

For

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

By Grace

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. Romans 10:17-18

Are We

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

Saved

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

See?

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think one needs to know what you mean by "new birth" and what that entails.  

:thumbsup:

And Just What IS A Grace Centered Christian

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then?

It is excluded.

By what law?

of works?

Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:23-28

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross....

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Amen                                                                                                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Many say "I am saved" but it just may be a lot of lip service????Do they really have Faith?Do they really love Jesus?     That is between each man & God...........but let us not judge,lest we be judged...........

Blessings Cross....

Amen                                                                                                                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Many say "I am saved" but it just may be a lot of lip service????Do they really have Faith?Do they really love Jesus?     That is between each man & God...........but let us not judge,lest we be judged...........

Indeed. I posted the thread from own experience. In my youth, several prophecies were spoken over me. Even though they were in "promise" form like: "Wait on the Lord and I say wait",  I expected God at some point in time, regardless of my "waiting " on Him, to just wave His "magic wand" and I woud be 'tranfigured'. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I didn't know then what I  know now and have questioned why not since I did consider myself a born again Christian? Certainly it was me who failed in those years of presumption, however, being told I could never lose my salvation presumption only gave way to outright gross sinning since with no regard for spiritual consequences and I fell away to that as one you would believe never went to church __ and seldom did except from time  to time being invited I would go to see if there was anything different that might 'move me' to a more sincere repentance, if there was such a thing.. Never happened. Same ol' stuff that never worked.

I have often thought about this instance in my life I could give no account for until of late:

As a youth I sang, church, events, etc. One afternoon at a 1950 Jerry Owen evangelistic crusade, I sang a duet with him on his platform, "I Fell in Love with Jesus". At the alter call, myself and a young friend who later pioneered 5 churches, "assisted" others praying at the alter __[God's lil helpers] ____  With my tears and snot, I soaked my hankerchief until was of no longer of any use. I was 12 yrs old. When all was complete and i was back at the loge where my family was seated, my aunt said to me: "We couldn't figure out who was getting saved, you or the one you were praying for".

For all these many years that has haulted me to question, not God's hand upon me but, was I really born again? Had God save me but could not at that time give me His new life? I now know that to be true. He did chose me for His new life but much had to be destroyed in me for me to receive it; the penalty for stomping all over it was too great!  Because of what I 'see' the new birth to represent, I believe God  witheld it from me until I was 'able' to protect it with my life!! __which required of me to love Him for Who He is __ not for what I get out of the deal. Those tears I shed at that alter were tears of sorrow and pain I would soon bring upon myself for what was to come in my life that would push me to brink of reprobation.

In summary: God, indeed, has saved me and placed within me His new Life. Though the "scar tissue" remains, I know I have Christ Jesus as my Lord and He is taking Home. I am His.

I Love Him

Edited by Cross Reference

I understand, other. Hope you will read my brief testimony and it helps you in some way to sort out the issues. . ;)

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Yes!! I am eating them with insight as i have never done before! I am born Again!!

Thank you for sharing . . :)

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross

Praise the Lord....I am sitting here crying like a little baby-lol      That is a beautiful testimony,I am sure you have many more,may you continue to be Blessed,to Bless :heart:

And Jesus said,"If you love me,you will obey my commands"......You see,everyone tends to focus on the "commands"..."Oh,Love,that is the one".'Which commmands",'All His commands" etc......

That's not it...............the most important Word in this verse is 'IF".......IF you love ME? We have to understand that even loving Jesus is not something we can do by ourselves,it is His Finished work on the cross that gives us the Power to LOVE,to Love Him without reservations,we surrender and we are filled with His Love                             IF we love Him,it is not possible we cannot obey Him      We are obedient because we are indwelled

It is not that complicated really,all we need do is,,,,ASK!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Cross

Praise the Lord....I am sitting here crying like a little baby-lol      That is a beautiful testimony,I am sure you have many more,may you continue to be Blessed,to Bless :heart:

And Jesus said,"If you love me,you will obey my commands"......You see,everyone tends to focus on the "commands"..."Oh,Love,that is the one".'Which commmands",'All His commands" etc......

That's not it...............the most important Word in this verse is 'IF".......IF you love ME? We have to understand that even loving Jesus is not something we can do by ourselves,it is His Finished work on the cross that gives us the Power to LOVE,to Love Him without reservations,we surrender and we are filled with His Love                             IF we love Him,it is not possible we cannot obey Him      We are obedient because we are indwelled

It is not that complicated really,all we need do is,,,,ASK!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Stay tender in Him, Sis

Sis, You might to consider that what God gives us is in promise form not unlike He gave the children of Israel before Jesus ever comes into the picture.  For them it was messiah. Here:

"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:" Deuteronomy 6:5-6 (KJV)

For us, this side of the cross, when we seek to live that commandment it reveals something to be Jesus as the reciprical of His Love and then the sky opens up! cf John 6:44