Cross Reference

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

I think you need to take some classes in simplifying your thoughts, but I do think I get your thought.

I think this is  a bit simpler put but tell me if I am wrong....

Rom 10:8-10

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NIV

Does

The rain falls on the just and unjust. &

Many are called but few are choosen.

Have room in the mix?

I sure think so. To me, just saved folk and regenerated folk are two different classes of Christian people. One is carnal while the other has come into the knowledge of what is, coming into son-ship in the Father.

Chambers words it this way:

"Our Lord transformed innocence into holiness by a series of moral choices. Satan tempted Him along this line: “Do God’s will according to Your own understanding; don’t sacrifice the life of nature to the will of God.” Jesus made invariably one answer—“For I am come down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me(John 6:38)."

It is no different for the new born of God, i.e., by His Blood-regeneration are we made innocent to become holy for the purpose of joint-heirship with Christ Jesus. That is what God is after! for His giving His Son.

I think you need to take some classes in simplifying your thoughts, but I do think I get your thought.

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NIV

Does

Have room in the mix?

1. A confession is more than a profession so when one says he believes we must determine what that means. If  truly a confession then the life that speaks it will reveal the evidence. I am persuaded by the scriptures that Jesus can only be "confessed" by the indwelling Holy Spirit from the mouth of such a one. Therefore, it can only be asked of new born Christian in which case my answer would be, yes___ "If he continues in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,. . . . " Colossians 1:23 (KJV)

2. I don't find it easy to explain, with regarders to Him,  the scenes of my own personal experiences, I "believe", God has given me to understand. It's tough being bold with an opinion.

Let me illustrate by asking you, does the word "might", in your thinking,  imply a conditional act? Yes, I am going some place with this.

I think you may not understand that we most likely don't disagree on the subject, but you are talking me around in circles......   if you are speaking of John 3:16 yes that is a conditional "not" in that verse and should be translated might not instead of some translations of will not perish.    I don't see where it affects any part of Romans 10:9.

I would say that the Holy Spirit comes after one says that Jesus is our Lord.......   to say otherwise would be to say that the Holy Spirit himself picks who is and who is not going to hell  from the start.....   thus nullifying the scripture that says it is the will of God that everyone might be saved.  You have the same freedom to go to heaven or hell as do I.....   and it's your personal choice if one if introduced to the Gospel.

Sorry for the problem I am causing with my poor writing skills but I guess i just don't have sufficient education that "might" cover all the bases.  ,  :(

I was only asking for the definition of "might". John 3:16, Strongs has "might" linked with, "be saved";  three words explained together. Nevertheless, we agree it comes across as condititional.

In 1 John 3:8 We see "might" as meaning: "break (up), destroy, dissolve, (un-) loose, melt, put off", that changes things.. The KJV use of the word leaves us with no room for making a disctinction. So for me, "might" infers a conditional act. Therefore, when reading something like this: "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil" 1 John 3:8 (KJV) implies what Jesus does for us or in us is conditioned upon us being one in Him or seeking to become conformed to His image __ a process that can only begin after a new birth, when we are made "empty and swept clean"... The proving of God is what will reveal our conditition. Though it could happen, In general I don't see it as an event at the alter saying the sinners prayer.

If left to Strongs I would have hard time with 1 John 3:8

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

no you shouldn't just let it go at that.....   I'm not so full of myself that I don't decide occasionally that I'm wrong.....   and if you keep it to yourself I might not ever know that  LoL

We all have our thoughts of how this huge very complex story goes and the details don't always add up to the same thing.....   but it's important that we all share those thoughts about the details.

I've changed my mind about several things from being here over the years.

NIV

Does

Have room in the mix?

1. A confession is more than a profession so when one says he believes we must determine what that means. If  truly a confession then the life that speaks it will reveal the evidence. I am persuaded by the scriptures that Jesus can only be "confessed" by the indwelling Holy Spirit from the mouth of such a one. Therefore, it can only be asked of new born Christian in which case my answer would be, yes___ "If he continues in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,. . . . " Colossians 1:23 (KJV)

2. I don't find it easy to explain, with regarders to Him,  the scenes of my own personal experiences, I "believe", God has given me to understand. It's tough being bold with an opinion.

Let me illustrate by asking you, does the word "might", in your thinking,  imply a conditional act? Yes, I am going some place with this.

I think you may not understand that we most likely don't disagree on the subject, but you are talking me around in circles......   if you are speaking of John 3:16 yes that is a conditional "not" in that verse and should be translated might not instead of some translations of will not perish.    I don't see where it affects any part of Romans 10:9.

I would say that the Holy Spirit comes after one says that Jesus is our Lord.......   to say otherwise would be to say that the Holy Spirit himself picks who is and who is not going to hell  from the start.....   thus nullifying the scripture that says it is the will of God that everyone might be saved.  You have the same freedom to go to heaven or hell as do I.....   and it's your personal choice if one if introduced to the Gospel.

Sorry for the problem I am causing with my poor writing skills but I guess i just don't have sufficient education that "might" cover all the bases.  ,  :(

I was only asking for the definition of "might". John 3:16, Strongs has "might" linked with, "be saved";  three words explained together. Nevertheless, we agree it comes across as condititional.

In 1 John 3:8 We see "might" as meaning: "break (up), destroy, dissolve, (un-) loose, melt, put off", that changes things.. The KJV use of the word leaves us with no room for making a disctinction. So for me, "might" infers a conditional act. Therefore, when reading something like this: "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil" 1 John 3:8 (KJV) implies what Jesus does for us or in us is conditioned upon us being one in Him or seeking to become conformed to His image __ a process that can only begin after a new birth, when we are made "empty and swept clean"... The proving of God is what will reveal our conditition. Though it could happen, In general I don't see it as an event at the alter saying the sinners prayer.

I would agree that the the sinners prayer at the alter is what makes a person born again, but it is the start.....    most people who quote some sinners prayer talk about Jesus coming into thier heart, but people really don't want to define what that means  If that means that they have committed to Jesus being thier Lord, I would say they are saved and born again....   assuming they are not lying.

I think you are making it too difficult for if you look at Romans, there the statement about being saved is non conditional.....   it does day that you "will" be saved.

Again people don't seem to want to understand what is involved with confessing Jesus as your Lord......   if it is true, you have either made him your Lord or let him be Lord and at that point you are committed to living a life that he would approve....

If a person does not do this, I would question them being born again.

NIV

Does

Have room in the mix?

I would agree that the the sinners prayer at the alter is what makes a person born again, but it is the start.....    most people who quote some sinners prayer talk about Jesus coming into thier heart, but people really don't want to define what that means  If that means that they have committed to Jesus being thier Lord, I would say they are saved and born again....   assuming they are not lying.

I think you are making it too difficult for if you look at Romans, there the statement about being saved is non conditional.....   it does day that you "will" be saved.

Again people don't seem to want to understand what is involved with confessing Jesus as your Lord......   if it is true, you have either made him your Lord or let him be Lord and at that point you are committed to living a life that he would approve....

If a person does not do this, I would question them being born again.

I am not quite sure if the sinners prayer has much to do with anything other than a "profession". It can't be a confession because sufficient time woud not have passed for one to be found quilty, despite any emotional experience.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3 (KJV) "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough [to enter it] , and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62 (KJV) Though many new born of God have turned back, some even unto reprobate [cf Heb. 6:4-6], most all who do have never been born again but have merely had their "houseswept clean". However, in all of this we must factor in the foreknowledge of God of that individula, we are not privy to.

[emphasis mine]

OMT: Peter gives a great "preparation message" to the born again. Read 2Pet 1: 1-11

you don't have to prove you've made Jesus your Lord to be saved......   just decide it and speak it from what I get out of scripture....   sometimes it does take time for it to become apparent, but when the decision is made, it's made and the Holy Spirit starts working to smooth out all the wrinkles.

I can't get the hang of this type of HTML or whatever it is.

I will go my own way and leave it up to you for understandin. Sorry.

G'mornin' Brother other!

"you don't have to prove you've made Jesus your Lord to be saved......   just decide it and speak it from what I get out of scripture.... "

Maybe. Wanna take that chance? What might you believe the "break point" might be if no further pursuing is evidenced?

"sometimes it does take time for it to become apparent, but when the decision is made, it's made and the Holy Spirit starts working to smooth out all the wrinkles."

When/If that time comes then a Pastor has something to work with, wouldn't you say, i.e., questions-inquiries being asked and answers given as a sign of hunger? . . ;)

i just can't go along with a works based salvation as I do believe as Jesus says that one must be born again.  Works don't save people, saved people do good works......   and I personally know multiple people who made that decision to follow Jesus and died the next day......   no time to do anything.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross

I think it  helps tremendously when all have the same understanding of the word "atonement"

In Christian theology, atonement describes how human beings can be reconciled to God.[1] In western Christian theology the atonement refers to the forgiving or pardoning of sin through the death and resurrection of Jesus,[2] which made possible the reconciliation between God and his creation.

So the first thing a person needs is to acknowledge that they cannot be reconciled to God without atonement which cannot be achieved without Jesus.......the need & desire for a Savior,coming to the foot of the cross with willingness to surrender is the beginning of the "new birth".......I believe it is a simultanious event..............but,just as a new born baby has to be taught to talk,walk,& learn what is expected of them so does the "born again" believer.....this re-birth may or may not be evident to others as the rate of growth depends on what the individual yearns to know & receive

I would imagine we could all agree thus far?

With love-in Christ,Kwik