• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Blessings Everyone

I heard an excellent sermon this morning & I believe it is very relevant to our discussion,it was about the difference between what happens at that moment of "accepting Jesus into ones heart"

I would agree that the the sinners prayer at the alter is what makes a person born again, but it is the start.....    most people who quote some sinners prayer talk about Jesus coming into their heart, but people really don't want to define what that means  If that means that they have committed to Jesus being their Lord, I would say they are saved and born again....   assuming they are not lying.                                                                               posted by other one

Many come to the foot of the cross & recite the "sinners prayer" PROCLAIMING Jesus as their Lord & Savior,which as other one has pointed out is what is the requirement for Salvation as we see in Pauls letters to the church at Rome & as he stated above this is only the beginning

Today I heard the difference between "proclaiming" & "explaining".....which comes as we are transformed to be disciples ......as we grow we begin to bear the fruit that explains Christs Lordship rather than the initial proclamation

King James Bible

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should REMAIN: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.                                                                                                          John 15:16

In this discussion I guess I would say that you are "born again" when you let him take over......    and God knows when it's real and when it's not,

posted by other one

Realizing and willing to take responsibility for such a thing is what separates out those who 'become' and those who don't           

posted by Cross Reference

"The  process of being transformed into a New Creature in Christ Jesus seems to lie upon "willingness" & complete submission to His Lordship....that comittment does not always occur at the moment of Salvation                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

Which also reminds me that many are called but few are chosen.........."

Amen!! Why aren't all chosen if all are saved?

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

but it's not your goodness that makes you acceptable to the Father, it's Jesus's.    One doesn't have to be totally sanctified to be acceptable to the Father.....   and further, letting Jesus into your heart may or may not be the same as him becoming your Lord depending on what you mean by "letting him into your heart".    Letting him into your heart is one thing, letting him control it is another, and in my world you are not saved until you let him take over.    In this discussion I guess I would say that you are "born again" when you let him take over......    and God knows when it's real and when it's not, and the rest of us seeing it in your life really doesn't matter.

Either don't "get it" or you don't won't to "get it".

Let me try OMT:

Consider when one is born again he/she becomes an individual "Bethlehem" for the very life of God that conceived Jesus. Realizing and willing to take responsibility for such a thing is what separates out those who 'become' and those who don't. For that reason alone I don't believe I was ever born again until much later in my life after having "given my heart to the Lord" at 9yrs of age.

Ok lets try this.....   exactly what do you mean by "given my heart to the Lord"  when you were 9?

but it's not your goodness that makes you acceptable to the Father, it's Jesus's.    One doesn't have to be totally sanctified to be acceptable to the Father.....   and further, letting Jesus into your heart may or may not be the same as him becoming your Lord depending on what you mean by "letting him into your heart".    Letting him into your heart is one thing, letting him control it is another, and in my world you are not saved until you let him take over.    In this discussion I guess I would say that you are "born again" when you let him take over......    and God knows when it's real and when it's not, and the rest of us seeing it in your life really doesn't matter.

Let me try OMT:

Consider when one is born again he/she becomes an individual "Bethlehem" for the very life of God that conceived Jesus. Realizing and willing to take responsibility for such a thing is what separates out those who 'become' and those who don't. For that reason alone I don't believe I was ever born again until much later in my life after having "given my heart to the Lord" at 9yrs of age.

Ok lets try this.....   exactly what do you mean by "given my heart to the Lord"  when you were 9?

What do you think it means??? Alter call sinners prayer thing, maybe??!!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Let me try OMT:

still no answers.......   I'm done....

Let me try OMT:

still no answers.......   I'm done....

Although you will have to leave your Calvinistic doctrine to understand a more reasonable explanation of the scriptures, in which case, you have more than a sufficient number of them for you to do so. Re-read the posts. There aren't that many.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross..

Good question........but.......................

Which also reminds me that many are called but few are chosen.........."      posted by Kwikphilly

Amen!! Why aren't all chosen if all are saved?                                            posted by Cross Reference

I never said that "all are saved",LOL   so that should answer the question,yes?                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should REMAIN: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.                                                                                                          John 15:16

The Word of God tells me that the ones that are chosen ARE Saved.....................not all who are called

Blessings Cross..

Which also reminds me that many are called but few are chosen.........."      posted by Kwikphilly

Amen!! Why aren't all chosen if all are saved?                                            posted by Cross Reference

I never said that "all are saved",LOL   so that should answer the question,yes?                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

The Word of God tells me that the ones that are chosen ARE Saved.....................not all who are called

Indeed, all are saved __ and few chosen from those who are. That has been the crux of my OP.

Blessings Cross!!!!!!

kwikphilly, on 18 Jun 2014 - 2:00 PM, said:

Blessings Cross..

I never said that "all are saved",LOL   so that should answer the question,yes?                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

kwikphilly post

Indeed, all are saved __ an few chosen from those who are. That has been to crux of my OP.          Cross Reference post

Amen....................                                                                  What a beautiful day in the Lord! Praise Jesus!                                   Love,Kwik

If anyone believes that God's grace is all that needs be recognized in joining Him in celebration of His Son's victory, that one is mistaken. He will submit to God's way or he will not be admitted.

Blessings Cross...

.I believe it was other one that pointed out the one who receives the Grace of God,through Jesus & suddenly dies ....having never had the chance to change their ways ...the filthy ,wretched sinner that believes in Salvation through our Savior.......we do believe,according to their earnest heart that they are Saved,yes?Well,it is by Gods Grace ALONE that Saves us ,,,,BUT,....aha,there is always that but,isn't there?

The person that TRULY has received the Grace of God is indwelled with His Holy Spirit,the Holy Spirit convicts that persons heart because they HAVE truly given themselves to Christ & to walk in obedience to Gods Way is a result of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.......it is not the obedience that earns Gods Grace........but I do not believe in OSAS so again I refer to

One can "give up" or reject their Salvation by refusing to walk in His Ways,,,,,,but then the age old question remains,,,,,,"Was that person truly Saved to begin with?"                                                                                                           With love -in Christ,Kwik