• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1963

I lost my wife and daughter and it was like the world has ending but it has not because there is a reasoning I was alive but when it all happened I thought my life was worthless but it was when I read the bible that I realized that I can still make someone happy out there and that my wife and daughter left to be in a better place. Let share our pain.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi, Patrick. I also lost my wife and children God had given. Our situations in loss are different, but no less tragic. I do understand. I thought my life was over and was determined to end it... Permanently. Twice the Lord rescued me. And I came to learn, that God is good to me. Even through the worst imaginable horrific events, and devastating losses. You seem to have also come to the same conclusion. I find that very commendable in Christ our Lord. We've both come through by the power of His Spirit. Your loss is most likely more recent than mine... But the smile on your face, reflects His countenance. It's very clear to me. God bless you, Patrick. My heart goes out to you.

Shalom

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Patrick....

I can sympathize with you,pray with you and tell you that I have suffered much loss in my life,,,,,from a murdered fiancee to the untimely deaths of family members,loved ones & friends but I cannot share "pain " with you.......I have memories of being in pain but I am not in pain anymore ,I would much prefer to share Gods Peace ,Love & Joy with you...........if you need someone to listen,I am here......understand.I certainly can..........pray for you,I certainly will.......love you,I certainly do!

I do not know how long ago you have had this tragedy take place & I cannot promise it will ever escape your heart & mind but I can promise you that it does get easier & easier to accept and live with.......especially because you are a child of God,without Christ it would be unbearable.Thank God for Jesus and by Hid Stripes we ARE healed......His Blood not only covers a multitude of sins but also there is power in His Blood to wash away pain,sadness,grief,lonliness ,depression................Glory to God!

I am sorry for your loss.my Brother but with all confidence & great expectation we will one day  be reunited with the people we miss so terribly,I am not sure sometimes if I am a little envious that they are where I  long to be,with my Living Redeemer....knowing no more sadness,no more tears.....nothing but inexplicable Joy & Happiness,let us keep our eye on the prize!

While we are here Patrick,we will do our best to be used by our Lord however He wants,whenever,wherever!Let His Will be done.I hope I can encourage you that life does gets better as time goes by,you don't ever forget but you remember in Peace & Comfort....God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/01/1963

Kwik and Beaujangles, thanks you so much for your sweet words. It was not easy for me that I went so far in taking my know life which is when God showed me a vision. Reading the book of Job gave me an insight on what lost and pain is because Job suffered more than us all but still had faith then I ask this question did he really forgot his past and moved on?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Patrick, you've read through the book of Job. No doubt you are well aware of how the Lord restored Job twice the amount of Job's initial losses, He allowed to be taken... But as to your question, did Job really forget his past and move on with his life? The Word does not specifically mention that Job forgot the immensely tragic events that occurred. However, it does indicate, that the joy was returned, with God's blessings. I could give you an opinion, that Job would find it difficult to forget completely the misery he endured... This you may also experience. How long? Only the Lord in His great mercy knows, brother. I still struggle with these issues, and it's been 13 years now. I had on-going nightmares for many of those years... And when I thought perhaps they were completely over, I had one that spiritually knocked me down. Hard! Of course I wept with grief. Nightmares bring memory pain. They are not from God. I see by your interests info, you are seeking a wife, and are ready to move on with a newly restored life and find love again... Job did this very same thing. There is nothing wrong in the eyes of God concerning you. That should answer your second question. Though Worthy is not a Christian dating site, in seeking a relationship in hopes of marriage, we certainly will be praying for you. And you have spiritual help, counsel and complete ministry for you here... You are welcome and encouraged to remain with us, Patrick. God bless you, brother... The Lord our God is able and worthy!

Shalom

David 

You can remind yourself through these passages: Job 42:10-17

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Hi Patrick,

I have suffered loss although different to yours. I once thought I would never laugh ever again. I am pleased to say that I have laughed. At church the other sunday we had a Compassion Day theme. Compassion is a christian child sponsorship organisation. We had a person from Compassion speak and he told a story about a child whose father had died. That child had not laughed for a long time and their mother was weeping when she heard him laugh. A few years ago I would have found the story sad. Beyond that probably not much. Now since I have been there as an adult and know how awful a place that is I still can't imagine what it would be like as a child. I think a person should when grown up be able to look back on childhood with fond memories. That just isn't going to happen for this child. So while I would gladly not have gone through what I did I am thankful that God pulled me through and gave me people to get me through in my darkest time by providing support. I now have a very different perspective on life. I now can see things a bit more like Jesus did than I used to. 

I still have a long way to go. I too wonder about memories. How can one get past the memories? What if you have daily reminders of what you once had? Can one ever get past the memories that are so easily triggered by little things with those reminders? Just some of the questions I ask myself.